Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you get notification via email or text message? Or this is something we need to check in Account portal?
I have received Vin on 17/01 but no invoice has been issued so far.
I didn't receive anything. Just happened to check my order page again and it was suddenly there.

I thought that we had to apply for it to recover the cost but I saw somewhere that it appeared as if the stamp duty was rebated on the final invoice.
Check this out: SA, Vic and NSW proposed EV road user charge

NSW RWD owners might want to check with your SA whether this is correct in case you later have difficulty with claiming it back. Based on the wording of the Act I can foresee that when the cars arrive at the Tesla centre and they actually to go register them that they'll be told that there is no Stamp Duty.
Vostok points out that the duty shouldn't be charged in the first place based on current legislation.
The NSW government website on the rebates make it explicitly clear that you have to apply for both the EV rebate and the stamp duty waiver yourself, separately. Don't ask me why they couldn't have had an automatic process done through the dealer/carmaker.

The legislation did pass too late and so had to be applied retroactively for those who purchased before legislation passed. Maybe they couldn't be arsed making two claims systems.

Do you get notification via email or text message? Or this is something we need to check in Account portal?
I have received Vin on 17/01 but no invoice has been issued so far.

Email from:

[email protected]

Subject: Tesla Final Invoice

Interesting, there's no change on the text in my account. Still says "We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account", but if I look to the right under "Documents" there is a link to "Final Invoice 11"

If you don’t mind what have you been emailing saying?
in the beginning it was noobie questions prior to finding this forum. Then there was a bit of back and forth around inclusions in the 22 model builds like the new ryzen cpu etc. It has all been via text and one phone call. I messaged him this morning to see if he still thought Vin assignment would happen this month as i was curious with chinese new year coming up and that country basically goes into shutdown during that time.

My SA just called me to say that there had been a bit of a delay at the factory with white interiors. Car will still be delivered in March, but I would not see the VIN until the 5-7 of Feb. I’ve got a white LR with white interior ordered. Order date was 19/11.

Regards,
Stephen

Thought I'd join up to post here to help kill the time :D

M3 - LR
Exterior: Black / Interior: White
OD: 28/11/21
Vin: none
EDD: none

I'm trying not to check everyday, it'll turn up when it turns up, but my solar system installation was finished on Tuesday and now I'm hanging on every day again :(

Nope, it requires you to provide the proof of registration entitlement which apparently would happen a day or two before your delivery.
When I showed up to pick up my car in November, the first thing that they did is to get me to sign a document confirming that I had taken delivery of the car. Then they handed over a Tesla folder which contained my car registration which is what you need to complete the rebate application.

They then got me to open the Tesla app to check that it had connected to my car.

They then walked me down to the car park to take me to my car whilst checking that I'd read the manual for the 10th time and reminding me that I've got 10 minutes to check the car blah blah blah. IMPORTANT: whilst they are doing this open your Tesla app, select "Controls", and the press the "Honk" button. A lot. The SAs love it when you honk the horn whilst they're trying to rush you. 😈

When I showed up to pick up my car in November, the first thing that they did is to get me to sign a document confirming that I had taken delivery of the car. Then they handed over a Tesla folder which contained my car registration which is what you need to complete the rebate application.

They then got me to open the Tesla app to check that it had connected to my car.

They then walked me down to the car park to take me to my car whilst checking that I'd read the manual for the 10th time and reminding me that I've got 10 minutes to check the car blah blah blah. IMPORTANT: whilst they are doing this open your Tesla app, select "Controls", and the press the "Honk" button. A lot. The SAs love it when you honk the horn whilst they're trying to rush you. 😈
What if I decline to sign anything before I see the car? 😇 BTW loved the ‘honk’ instruction would do that definitely …. atleast it will make the carpark echo( my giveback to Tesla for the killing wait times) 🤪🤪