Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The seven stages of Tesla purchasing grief.... what stage are you at?

1. Shock – Can’t believe the crazy wait time when you first order as the EDD 3-month range is pushing into the next calendar year.
2. Denial – Blaming others for putting off ordering when you wanted to 9 months ago when those smug people on the forum were waiting a max of 2 weeks for a car and complaining about how bad it was to wait 17 days.
3. Anger – Why hasn’t anyone contacted me to tell me what precisely is happening with my order and what is an SA anyway and how come everyone else seems to have one. What the hell is it taking so long. Why did China have to shut down the whole damn city. I can’t believe people are selling 3 year old cars for 50% more than the cost of a new one… Aggghhh.
4. Bargaining – Maybe those scalpers on Facebook marketplace might feel sorry for me and actually sell me a car for something realistic? Maybe if I call my SA and give them a sob story about needing a car before anyone else. Do I reall need that left arm, I have another.
5. Depression – This is never going to happen…. I’m not going to log on to any more damn forums again, they just make me feel so depressed seeing those new ordering guys at stage 1 and 2. I’ll just spend the next 3 months rocking in a foetal position in the corner watching the same youtube videos over and over sobbing….
6. Acceptance – OMG I’ve got my VIN………. My luck the ship'll sink.
7. Processing Grief – I now have my car and I have forgotten all of the bad things as it is so awesome and I am feeling so smug and start trying to convince the wife to upgrade to the faster model and starting all over at 1 again.

Here comes the Teslas 😬
1660027320345.jpeg

Reactions: Missimpatient
Somewhere between depression and acceptance, maybe?

As of 20 minutes ago my Wall Connector's been installed and is showing me a cheery green light. I have a stack of accessories in the spare bedroom. I'm as prepared as I'll ever be to embrace Elon’s brave new world.

There seems to be just one thing missing from this picture…
None of this is new to me personally, it's been like that for 3 years. I've been wanting a m3 since it landed here in 2019.

My only annoyance now is that I'm a mid December LR order and that there is Model Ys getting delivered first in Melbourne.

In the end the extra wait time had a bonus of sneaking into the new novated lease FBT rules once they come in.

My love for Tesla due to the whole process is completely gone, and has been for a while. Probably totally went when I wasn't even contacted to tell me there were no cars getting delivered last quarter. I really hope the car is good to salvage a little bit of sweetness in the end.

My only annoyance now is that I'm a mid December LR order and that there is Model Ys getting delivered first in Melbourne.

In the end the extra wait time had a bonus of sneaking into the new novated lease FBT rules once they come in.

My love for Tesla due to the whole process is completely gone, and has been for a while. Probably totally went when I wasn't even contacted to tell me there were no cars getting delivered last quarter. I really hope the car is good to salvage a little bit of sweetness in the end.
Totally agree with you, it just takes the joy out of owning one after all the wait time you have to endure, now all i say ill get it when i get it. The problem is tesla doesnt prioritise australia when it come to orders, they say they can produce 2200 in a day, if the build one week worth of m3 for australia it will clear the backlog in full and leave heaps of happy customers . But for us we only receive bits and pieces.

Has anyone who thinks their car got off loaded at PK seen their vin in the "register of Australian vehicles" yet? Or is it just to early to ses them registered?
So, you gave me another website to obssesively start checking. Nothing was showing up earlier today (as late as 5pm), but I've just checked it again and the car is now on there. So something happened today!

I therefore assume that my earlier assumption about it being on the Viking Passama was correct, and that now they've been offloaded and processed. Hopefully someone can put it on a truck and start driving north!!!

I couldn't agree more. I'm a early December order for a LR in Melbourne. Couldn't have been more frustrated with the lack of any communication from Tesla at all. I know others got calls from their SA, but I did not receive any or any answers from my multiple emails.

I lost all interest in the car until I got the vin. Now getting frustrated again waiting for delivery day to be booked in whilst as you said Model Y orders are being fulfilled in under 2 months.

Reactions: Lucinda101

It’s going to be OK.

Your car will be worth the wait.

It’s going to be OK.

Your car will be worth the wait.

Problem is I have a couple of mates with M3s so there isn't really too much excitement for the car as far as it being new and unknown and worse is that both of them don't really like them and are getting rid of them as soon as their leases are up. But it's for A to B although that is about 1000km a week and should do that job ok, at least for the 12 months I'm planning to keep it.

Nothing was showing up earlier today (as late as 5pm), but I've just checked it again and the car is now on there. So something happened today!

I therefore assume that my earlier assumption about it being on the Viking Passama was correct, and that now they've been offloaded and processed. Hopefully someone can put it on a truck and start driving north!!!
Same here, checked in the afternoon and there was nothing, but checked now and it's there. Based on the timeline of cars from Morning Clara, we should hopefully see some delivery scheduling text messages tomorrow.

Interestingly RAV says my build date was in June which is different to my invoice.

So, you gave me another website to obssesively start checking. Nothing was showing up earlier today (as late as 5pm), but I've just checked it again and the car is now on there. So something happened today!

Yep. with mine onboard also:p

Problem is I have a couple of mates with M3s so there isn't really too much excitement for the car as far as it being new and unknown and worse is that both of them don't really like them and are getting rid of them as soon as their leases are up. But it's for A to B although that is about 1000km a week and should do that job ok, at least for the 12 months I'm planning to keep it.
Curious as to what your mates dislike about them. I've only done the one test drive and absolutely loved the car but obviously a single short drive doesn't really paint a good picture of what it's like to own one.

Reactions: Lucinda101
The seven stages of Tesla purchasing grief.... what stage are you at?

1. Shock – Can’t believe the crazy wait time when you first order as the EDD 3-month range is pushing into the next calendar year.
2. Denial – Blaming others for putting off ordering when you wanted to 9 months ago when those smug people on the forum were waiting a max of 2 weeks for a car and complaining about how bad it was to wait 17 days.
3. Anger – Why hasn’t anyone contacted me to tell me what precisely is happening with my order and what is an SA anyway and how come everyone else seems to have one. What the hell is it taking so long. Why did China have to shut down the whole damn city. I can’t believe people are selling 3 year old cars for 50% more than the cost of a new one… Aggghhh.
4. Bargaining – Maybe those scalpers on Facebook marketplace might feel sorry for me and actually sell me a car for something realistic? Maybe if I call my SA and give them a sob story about needing a car before anyone else. Do I reall need that left arm, I have another.
5. Depression – This is never going to happen…. I’m not going to log on to any more damn forums again, they just make me feel so depressed seeing those new ordering guys at stage 1 and 2. I’ll just spend the next 3 months rocking in a foetal position in the corner watching the same youtube videos over and over sobbing….
6. Acceptance – OMG I’ve got my VIN………. My luck the ship'll sink.
7. Processing Grief – I now have my car and I have forgotten all of the bad things as it is so awesome and I am feeling so smug and start trying to convince the wife to upgrade to the faster model and starting all over at 1 again.
Missing at least 4 stages of purchase accessories in there.