Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not something I would like to do.
I am not worried about it really with the ability to pre cool the car. Just was curious if anyone would cancel their order to get these features. Might free up some cars for the rest of us.
I heard the pre cooling argument as well, and it’s fine for when you first get in, but 15 minutes into a drive on a hot sunny day and my back is sweaty no matter what I do with the AC. Non-vented seats are ok if it’s a breathable material (the 20 year old Astra I replaced with the Tesla was okay), but I really appreciate the cooling in our Kia people mover with pleather seats.

That install guide for the aftermarket option looks like it’s pretty hard work though!

Fingers Crossed Morning Clara has some Tesla's on board! So for QLD orders would/could the cars be unloaded at Brisbane? I think I remember reading somewhere that they normally get unloaded in Sydney and then travel up to QLD on trucks, anyone able to confirm this please?

I just watched a video of how much more responsive the screen was with the new Ryzen chips. Will I be able to check whether my model 3 SR will have it before I lose the chance to delay purchase? There still seems no reports of any arriving here yet.

I ordered 18/11/21

Founds some answers.... Looks like all model 3's will get Ryzen by around May, until then it's a lotto. You can check with the sales rep once you have a VIN and cancel/delay if you like. I probably will to wait for the faster chip.

Let’s wait and see what we get told once the Shanghai VINs are released this month. I suspect they might have a few cancellations on their hands if Intel chips are still being sent…

I just watched a video of how much more responsive the screen was with the new Ryzen chips. Will I be able to check whether my model 3 SR will have it before I lose the chance to delay purchase? There still seems no reports of any arriving here yet.

I ordered 18/11/21
When you get your VIN assigned reach out to your SA to confirm. The SA won't have access to the system that contains your car's spec, but they have access to someone within Tesla that can look up the car's details. This will be the only way to confirm, if last quarter is any guide there will be a lot of wild speculation on the internet that only cars with a VIN after xxx or built from x date, most of it will be wrong.

Through my SA in late October 2021 I was able to confirm that my car was coming with the 60kwh batttery, the other Tesla contact ended up calling me back to confirm over the phone the battery.