Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks for your info, that is very valuable knowledge, I ordered in December, do you think its most likely to have been built already as you've mentioned "most if not all are already built"
The quarterly method of production allocation is a big factor in the actual production date of your vehicle, but is not the only one. Version, color, and trim also influence the specific date of production.
When my Model S was produced and delivered back in 2014, the Tesla website told you when your car was scheduled for production, when it was in production and when it was finished and being shipped. But the number of cars being produced now makes this feature no longer viable.
From what I have seen from people posting on TMC you will most likely not be contacted until your car has arrived in Australia and allocated to you.
There are other techniques outlined in this thread and their are third party services as stated in this thread too, It depends on your level of patience.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Like some others here, I had ordered about 4 weeks ago, when the wait was 8-12 weeks, but today my order page was updated to show 14-20 weeks. Unfortunately that's the same wait as for new orders, taking us at least into April and potentially June. I guess we'll get more info from sales agents soon, but this story blames the chip shortage: Chip shortage leaves Tesla and other electric car buyers in China waiting months for new vehicles
Suddenly a used midlife crisis car is looking sensible…

I have now been told by two separate sales agents that the 14-20 weeks now visible in account info is a generic date put on all orders, and that the original wait time when an order was placed still stands. Fingers crossed!
The later the better at this point to ensure we get the Ryzen chip. I’m not going to cancel but I’d really like the upgrade if possible.

Reactions: st.kyle
my SA and I have been messaging today. The low down is he will know this week on where my delivery is at. Ordered 22/11 change of colour 2/12. He did feel the need to mention that there are delays on the Performance variant I ordered, and he should have some answers shortly.
You lucked out with your SA. I have to email mine multiple times and still may not get a reply.

Reactions: Miggy
I have now signed up for the VedaPrime service following my order on 16/11. I have to say that the Patreon link to Discord that he provides is seriously good. Most of my questions have now been answered after a single day on Discord and the information on shipping and deliveries and how the system works is first class. Highly recommended. Once my VIN arrives I will follow through on the delivery identification service that is also provided.

my SA and I have been messaging today. The low down is he will know this week on where my delivery is at. Ordered 22/11 change of colour 2/12. He did feel the need to mention that there are delays on the Performance variant I ordered, and he should have some answers shortly.
My SA messaged me earlier that my P is scheduled for delivery this quarter. Ordered 26/11, changed specs on 2/12. Melbourne. My second M3 from him, he was spot on for my first M3 delivery. So I have reason to take his words.

Reactions: sdca
I received a phone call from my SA (to introduce himself) plus text messages plus email/s. This was during the hectic time pre-NSW incentives starting and heaps of vehicles arriving. So maybe I got lucky. But there was no contact until after there was a VIN and the various "online paperwork" started. He seemed very busy and once or twice I had to do a polite reminder. There were a few issues with logins and stuff which he handled efficiently and effectively. Overall, the total experience was excellent and equal to the best in 57yrs of buying cars.

I have now been told by two separate sales agents that the 14-20 weeks now visible in account info is a generic date put on all orders, and that the original wait time when an order was placed still stands. Fingers crossed!
Following up, the rogue “14-20 weeks” notice has now been removed entirely from the account info page and the app. Looks like it was just a glitch.

Just spoke to my rep. He said they were notified they won't be getting as many orders this quarter as expected and that my order is one of the affected delays, and will only arrive from March onwards. I don't know if this is accurate and will affect others or was just his way of setting an low expectation in order to avoid disappointment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Just spoke to my rep. He said they were notified they won't be getting as many orders this quarter as expected and that my order is one of the affected delays, and will only arrive from March onwards. Order: M3LR, White/White, 6/12/21. I don't know if this is accurate and will affect others or was just his way of setting an low expectation in order to avoid disappointment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have no prob with my order being delayed. But delayed from what they said when they took the order with no upcoming upgrades would be poor.