Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found the EDD now showing as 13 Feb - 27 Feb
I have been lurking on this thread for a few days now, and seemed like a good time make my first post as my vin just got allocated today!

M3 RWD
Exterior: White / Interior:Black
OD: 5/12/21
Vin: found in source (24/1/22)
EDD: ?? (Can't find this anywhere, in app or my account)

My finance is through a Tesla affiliated provider , and my Tesla account shows the invoice break-up and says to pay the deposit amount. Expecting an update from Tesla soon on EDD.

Reactions: karlos22
OD: 14 Nov 2021, LR blue, no extras.

Just got off the phone with Tesla sales. I speak with a different person every time as I don't seem to have an SA.

Anyway she said EDD is now March (not Feb) and that all cars on the next shipment will be built in 2022 and have the Ryzen chip.

Seems consistent with other messages here.

The reason I haven't got the reduced range acceptance is the VIN hasn't been assigned yet. Apparently VIN will be allocated in the next 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed!
Delivery dates will depend what ship it is on. Some will be in Feb, some March.

Some cars are built, some not. Some are on ships, some in Shanghai.

All vins for Q1 should allocated over about the next couple of weeks.

If VINs are assigned shortly after cars are built, and I don't have a VIN, does that not mean that the car is not built yet and therefore not already on a ship, which in turn means it won't arrive until March at the earliest?

do you know if RWD are built first and then LR models. I can't see many LR people here got their VINs. Although RWD ordered in Dec got VINs

I think the only ones with VIN's are from November 2021, I have a VIN but was lucky enough to get a cancellation. I think they allocated mine from one of the people who ordered in Oct-Nov, so wouldn't count that as an LR VIN from December order.

My OD 13/11. Looks like the ones with VIN for LR ordered before 12/11.

I agree with the person posted earlier. It's all over the place...

Reactions: karlos22
From my experience so far and I have a long-range with the order finalised on 2 December. I did order earlier but changed the colour.

I have my VIN, estimated delivery date, and already paid the invoice. I received the invoice about the time ship left Shanghai for Australia.

Now I have a paid service where I can track ships. But what I suggest you do is keep an eye on the port of Shanghai and in particular the picture I have posted. I believe it is here where the Teslas are loaded. But you will not know the destination of the ships until they leave port. That should give you a fair indication of the location of your vehicle.

Currently, there is a ship heading toward Australia from this location. I could be wrong, but I would think that most who have vehicles on the ship would have their VIN number and either received an invoice or it is coming very soon.

I wish Tesla themselves were more forthcoming on information so as to avoid so much uncertainty among those waiting for vehicles.
look.jpg

Reactions: st.kyle