Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the EDD is 23 March, does it make sense to make payment now or wait for a few days before delivery?

Also will making payment bump one up in the queue?
Entirely up to you, my friend. I would suggest maybe around a week before delivery, but if thereā€™s any bump in EDD, e.g. brought forward by any measure, you might be in a rush to get it done.

I wouldnā€™t suggest it would bump anyone in the queue as there are processes the car has to go through before getting to the delivery stage, and there are a lot of cars šŸ˜

Hi folks, a question. When transferring the amount to Tesla, is it fair to assume that the transaction description is the same as "Bank Reference Number"? My bank doesn't show me a "reference field" only a description. I know big banks do have an additional reference field along with description. Any clues? If not I'll ask my SA when he calls me. Not gonna transfer the money yet but wanted to set everything up so gets transferred automatically in a couple of weeks.

EDIT: Actually might not matter. account number is my RN (just found out from the posts above) so don't think it's a big deal.
ING doesnā€™t have a reference field and only description. It shows in my history as my RN. It wonā€™t matter. As long as you input the correct banking details provided to you. I paid my deposit yesterday evening and it had processed in my Tesla account when I had a look at some stage after midnight.

From what I have observed, VIN is revealed in the order of date generally speaking. It might be the case that someone who ordered two days after you might get a VIN before you but rest assured someone who ordered an LR 10 days after you wouldn't get a VIN before you. I got mine yesterday some time after someone who ordered 5 days before me. Hope you get it by Wed next week. Seems like VINs are assigned to LRs now so hopefullyšŸ¤ž.

OD 19/11 | Melbourne
Happy you got your VIN. We were the "whinging ones" herešŸ˜‚

• Love
Reactions: tagpro
Thanks DanSyd, I spoke with him yesterday and was told March delivery though I asked when then would a vin come through. I really think the whole Tesla delivery system is sparse on detail.
Maybe wait today and come back to him on Monday if things don't change. Tell him you want some certainty as you need to sell your car etc. etc. You ordered in Nov and deserve to get your car in Mar

ING doesnā€™t have a reference field and only description. It shows in my history as my RN. It wonā€™t matter. As long as you input the correct banking details provided to you. I paid my deposit yesterday evening and it had processed in my Tesla account when I had a look at some stage after midnight.
Did you take finance?
If yes, so you deposited your portion of money ? Finance co will pay later?

Entirely up to you, my friend. I would suggest maybe around a week before delivery, but if thereā€™s any bump in EDD, e.g. brought forward by any measure, you might be in a rush to get it done.

I wouldnā€™t suggest it would bump anyone in the queue as there are processes the car has to go through before getting to the delivery stage, and there are a lot of cars šŸ˜
Thanks, my original estimate was 8 to 12 weeks and now changed to 14 to 20 and hence the question.

Received a 'book delivery' text at 7:13 last night. (Did you know that it is only 3G slow cover in the Sydney Opera House? Spoiler alert: Figaro did get married). Now that I have a delivery date - 16 February - what can/should I do? Do I need rego details to insure the car and, if so, where and when do I get it? SA? The day before delivery? Can I apply for EV rebates now, before actually taking the delivery? Anything else I am forgetting?

Reactions: Earth_beta