Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the EDD is 23 March, does it make sense to make payment now or wait for a few days before delivery?

Also will making payment bump one up in the queue?
Paying now would be way too early. They only require funds to be cleared 48 hours before delivery, so I would one to two weeks before would be reasonable

And no I doubt making payment early bumps you up the queue

Reactions: karlos22
Received a 'book delivery' text at 7:13 last night. (Did you know that it is only 3G slow cover in the Sydney Opera House? Spoiler alert: Figaro did get married). Now that I have a delivery date - 16 February - what can/should I do? Do I need rego details to insure the car and, if so, where and when do I get it? SA? The day before delivery? Can I apply for EV rebates now, before actually taking the delivery? Anything else I am forgetting?
-you only need vin number to buy an insurance. I am using NRMA. 20% off on chargfox charging network.
-EV rebate and stamp duty only can apply after you have final invoice and rego paper. do it after your delivery.
-delivery is super fast and nothing you need prepare.
- your car have 10 days delivery warranty, any problem you have during first 10 ten days you can bring car to service centre. they will look after you and free.

Reactions: Tyler_Durden
Received a 'book delivery' text at 7:13 last night. (Did you know that it is only 3G slow cover in the Sydney Opera House? Spoiler alert: Figaro did get married). Now that I have a delivery date - 16 February - what can/should I do? Do I need rego details to insure the car and, if so, where and when do I get it? SA? The day before delivery? Can I apply for EV rebates now, before actually taking the delivery? Anything else I am forgetting?
this link will help - What to expect taking delivery of your Model 3

Well another week down and no update. Another week of no contact from my SA after several emails to him asking for an update.

I had a much better experience when I bought my Kia Cerato GT at 1 third the price.
Agreed. They may have an amazing product but customer experience and communication is the worst I have experienced from any car manufacturer. Ford even did a better job than Tesla and I rated my purchase of my Mustang a 4/10 and was generous at that!

-you only need vin number to buy an insurance. I am using NRMA. 20% off on chargfox charging network.
-EV rebate and stamp duty only can apply after you have final invoice and rego paper. do it after your delivery.
-delivery is super fast and nothing you need prepare.
- your car have 10 days delivery warranty, any problem you have during first 10 ten days you can bring car to service centre. they will look after you and free.
Seems like Tesla use NRMA for CTP. Any idea how to purchase NRMA comprehensive with this "multiple policies" discount using the CTP, given the timing?

Well another week down and no update. Another week of no contact from my SA after several emails to him asking for an update.

I had a much better experience when I bought my Kia Cerato GT at 1 third the price.
I signed a contract to buy a VW Tiguan back in September. I still have no delivery date, just a rough estimate of “probably May” after originally being told it would arrive by March. No communications from the dealer unless I contact them.

I ordered a M3 on Christmas Eve. I’ve received a few emails from the SA along the lines of “no delivery date yet but here’s some videos you should watch.” EDD is now 18 Feb to 4 Mar and I have a final invoice and VIN. Very happy with Tesla compared to VW.

The semiconductor shortage and pandemic has led to some pretty lacklustre customer service in the auto industry. It doesn’t help that demand has outstripped supply so much.

Reactions: Benzz