Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I signed a contract to buy a VW Tiguan back in September. I still have no delivery date, just a rough estimate of “probably May” after originally being told it would arrive by March. No communications from the dealer unless I contact them.

I ordered a M3 on Christmas Eve. I’ve received a few emails from the SA along the lines of “no delivery date yet but here’s some videos you should watch.” EDD is now 18 Feb to 4 Mar and I have a final invoice and VIN. Very happy with Tesla compared to VW.

The semiconductor shortage and pandemic has led to some pretty lacklustre customer service in the auto industry. It doesn’t help that demand has outstripped supply so much.
I'd rather deal with the Tax Office than a VW dealer ever again.

Reactions: Kevsaccount
Agreed. They may have an amazing product but customer experience and communication is the worst I have experienced from any car manufacturer. Ford even did a better job than Tesla and I rated my purchase of my Mustang a 4/10 and was generous at that!
Well, I've had a quite different experience. My SA has been both proactive (calling me when the VIN was confirmed) and responsive, when I've contacted him. I'm very happy with the sales experience!

EDD is now showing 10 - 24 March!!

Attachments

• 1D42B8ED-33E9-4EDC-8BCD-8E925454C1CF.jpeg
    1D42B8ED-33E9-4EDC-8BCD-8E925454C1CF.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 84
newb question - my app is not displaying any EDD (pixel 4 android)
Is there a way to get it to show?
If you ordered recently, this is normal. It might show nothing, it might show the original date range when you ordered, it might show something longer. And it’s likely to change more than once.

Eventually, closer to delivery, it will change to a more specific range of actual dates, but until then the coming and going of date ranges is just a source of anxiety. Try to ignore it? Difficult, I know.

I'd rather deal with the Tax Office than a VW dealer ever again.
I’ve bought and owned VW‘s for the last 10 years, 4 in total and always had a great dealer experience. Guess there are good and bad dealers.
Have to add also that the Tesla experience has been great as well. I send a txt and within minutes i get a phone call, every time. Can’t complain at all.

Last edited:
I’ve bought and owned VW‘s for the last 10 years, 4 in total and always had a great dealer experience. Guess there are good and bad dealers.
Have to add also that the Tesla experience has been great as well. I send a txt and within minutes i get a phone call, every time. Can’t complain at all.
Who do you deal with? Initials will do! Also, do you have the delivery date and time confirmed for next week?

That's right. I remember, around 20 years ago, a colleague and I both had Mazdas, bought from and serviced by the same dealer. We both had (different) difficult to diagnose problems with our cars. His service experience was awful and mine was really good. It's not even the dealership sometimes, just the person you're dealing with!

Reactions: Benzz
ah cool. Yes, tell me about the anxiety.
I ordered on 5th Nov, and my local rep said my M3 is on the first ship (Midas) so I was expecting the app to display something, as deliveries are starting next week. But still nada
If you’re regional or expecting home delivery, you won’t see an EDD in your account.

Edit: just saw you’re from Northern NSW also. You’ll get a phone call from Tesla when it’s prepared for delivery to book a date.