Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow crazy 5-7 months now. I placed my order early Dec for the RWD model and kept refreshing the 'existing inventory' until I eventually found my exact specification a week later. As an added bonus, it happened to be a unicorn model too! I'm already used to the 5.6s acceleration and if I had to choose based on existing models, definitely would be going for the LR.
What’s your reasoning for now wanting LR except the obvious?

Yes - phone call yesterday. I am not the only one in this community in this boat.
Yes, they are really behind with LR's. I don't know if this is about production constraints etc.

I placed order on the 13th of Nov, build date 9th of Feb, almost missed the quarter

I feel sorry for the ones who ordered in the end of Nov/start Dec and were pushed to the Q2

Yes, they are really behind with LR's. I don't know if this is about production constraints etc.

I placed order on the 13th of Nov, build date 9th of Feb, almost missed the quarter

I feel sorry for the ones who ordered in the end of Nov/start Dec and were pushed to the Q2

I'm hoping they can catchup so that it's not a big knock on down the line. I ordered LR mid-Jan (14-20 weeks = mid-April - 1st-June), hoping I get delivery in Q2 but have a feeling that's unlikely now.

• Build quality/panel gaps
See my images in this thread. This model is pretty flawless to my eyes.
  • wh/km @ highway speed
No idea, have been waiting for tint/ceramic to drive properly (went in this morning)
  • Road-noise/internal fit
Road noise feels slightly reduced since my test drive (2021 model) but this could just be a placebo. Internal fit is flawless for me so far.
  • Acceleration to 100km (RWD)
LR sorry. No difference here.
  • Double glazed side rear windows
I suggest people stop spreading this rumour around until such time as there is proof it's coming to the Model 3. The best info I have found suggests this is something people have decided is coming merely because the Model Y received it. It's probably a good bet for the future, but nothing has been confirmed. Either way I can personally confirm I don't have rear acoustic glass.
  • Data (or charge only) from USB-C centre consoles
Again, this has been posted in this thread by me (no data) so it might be worth checking over the history before accusing people of ghosting the forums after getting their car, I was posting images literally as I was taking delivery :p
  • Ryzen (mind-bending) touch screen speed
Ryzen is confirmed. It's way zippier than my test drive car that's for sure. Glad I got this MCU.
  • General feelings or surprises (good or bad)
Not enough time to process it yet, still working on accessories, tint, ceramic coat so there is a lot to take in/organise. I'll have feelings about the car in a few weeks I'd say.

After checking out the forum for a while and then test driving a model 3, this morning I bit the bullet and ordered a RWD.

White with black interior and standard wheels - I thought I'd prefer the white interior based on photos but when I saw it it felt a bit stark and I wasn’t sure I'd be happy living with it. The black will be fine. And I love the white exterior now the trim is black rather than chrome.

So now I'm settling in for a long wait, and thinking about aftermarket bits!

I'm hoping they can catchup so that it's not a big knock on down the line. I ordered LR mid-Jan (14-20 weeks = mid-April - 1st-June), hoping I get delivery in Q2 but have a feeling that's unlikely now.
Hmmm, yes, ordered LR 10/1. Told my SA I was in no rush and not to put me on the cancellation list.... Hope that doesn't come back to bite me. Still hoping for a Q2 delivery.