Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I’m really holding out hope it won’t be that long. I’ve had my financing approved too but same as you it’s only good for 90 days. Though if you went through Mac then they’ve told me they will contact me closer to the cutoff to extend if it needs to be.
You've got the same order date as me. I had a pleasant call from my SA today informing me I've snuck into the 14-20 week bracket instead of the 5-7 months which it was when I ordered, quite relieved.
Don't get too excited. There are plenty of LR/P orders from Nov/Dec that ordered at 8-12 weeks, the date then shifted to 14-20 weeks, and now it looks like our cars won't arrive until May (5-6 months). I was told I'd be getting my car in March by my SA.

Reactions: De4thsCh1ld
Does anyone know why Model 3 wait times got pushed to a 5-7 month wait time? My co-worker who ordered one around the end of last year received his Model 3 within a month of ordering it.

It's quite strange because the Shanghai factory is producing all time highs at the moment, and the Texas and Berlin factories are coming into operational production soon (which should ease the exports made from Shanghai to Europe right?).

Reactions: Rowanhs
Does anyone know why Model 3 wait times got pushed to a 5-7 month wait time? My co-worker who ordered one around the end of last year received his Model 3 within a month of ordering it.

It's quite strange because the Shanghai factory is producing all time highs at the moment, and the Texas and Berlin factories are coming into operational production soon (which should ease the exports made from Shanghai to Europe right?).
I asked my SA what he knew about the situation this week and I was told it's a mix of both a mass amount of orders that Tesla were not expecting to get from Australia, at least not all so quickly, and even though Tesla wasn't originally affected by supply chain issues, they now also have been affected.

Anyone else hoping against hope that with Giga Berlin potentially coming online Friday we may see the supply of M3 to Europe transferred from Shanghai to Berlin, and a subsequent decrease in our wait times? I'm instill sitting at 14-20 weeks from order so it would be great if the Europeans in the list moved off to another factory.
This is the kind of optimism I can get behind… it’s logical and plays to my impatience perfectly!

Hi all,

Joining the waiting room!

Model 3 Performance
EXT: White
INT: Black
OD: 12/02/2022
VIN: N/A
EDD: N/A

App is still saying 14-20 weeks so hopefully I made the cut-off before the recent change to 5-7 months...

Is it normal that no one has contacted me yet? I completed all the registration info, etc. on the day I ordered, and it just says to wait for the final invoice to be uploaded. Should I reach out myself?
Does your order actually give you an estimate in app/online? I am yet to see anything on mine and ordered on 14/02.

Where in the app are you seeing the date? I have nothing still.

On the website. This layout is new. It didn't look like this earlier today.

I placed my order on 11 Feb,
1646126951793.png

Talk about charging setup drive you crazy, spare a thought for us living in a apartment building, I have been quoted $6000 to install a 7.5kw Delta Ac mini charger, plus possible 40 cents per kwh, I think I will just supercharging for next 3 year.
I rent a space in a local unit block because it's under cover and my backyard space isn't
I'm still going to charge in my backyard
one day all bodies corporate will have to deal with the growing numbers of EVs, but it could take a while
I won't be raising it with the owner of my car space either
an in-law is buying a strata place off the plan, and she told me she was able to arrange EV charging facilities to be built-in
[not sure of the details of that]

Finally got around to adding my details. Looks like LR are being delivered soon for orders back Nov 2021. I’m expecting to be shafted to 5-7 months Est Del like many others. I still like to drive my Subaru Outback 2007, which I’ve had since new. I test drive a Model S in 2013, but it was a bit pricey back then. In 2020 I looked in to getting a second hand Model S, but the RWD was only slightly more. It was a stretch to get the LR but I was never going to get anything else after Subaru AWD experience.

LR
Order date: 14/01/2022
EDD: nil
VIN: nil
Located: Melbourne
Est Del: 14-20 weeks on 14/01
Est Del: 14-20 weeks on 02/03

Hey all :)
I couldn't decide if this required it's own thread, or just ask the people the question is actually directed at.

Placed my order end of January for a Model 3 RWD in Melbourne Australia (Very excited)
I can't seem to get a straight answer on the sound system we get here.. The internet seems to suggest that we get the 8 speaker configuation with a few speakers disconnected, no sub, and no additional AMP.
I try to take the word of the internet with a grain of salt, so when I emailed tesla support through my account to see if there were any retrofit kits, I recieved the following response.

"Thanks for your enquiry. At the moment you cannot upgrade the sound system. Although, both options have 14 speakers, difference in the Long range is that there is a Subwoofer. You can look to maybe get one installed after delivery to make up for this. Super simple"

There's a fair chance the support agent is mis-informed, but also chance that this is accurate.
Found a few websites who sell the activation kits, but noticed that they don't make anything for the AMD based cars at yet.. They're all listed coming soon...

The website for AU lists "Upgraded audio – immersive sound" for the partial premium interior.
What do they mean by upgraded? Upgraded over what? Is that just marketing BS for "Base spec"?
Sometimes regional changes make getting accurate information difficult (Floormats are a good example)

Anybody able to confirm the number of functioning speakers, and better yet the number of speakers present that just aren't connected?

Thanks for your help guys :)
Hi all,

Joining the waiting room!

Model 3 Performance
OD: 12/02/2022
VIN: N/A
EDD: N/A

App is still saying 14-20 weeks so hopefully I made the cut-off before the recent change to 5-7 months...

Is it normal that no one has contacted me yet? I completed all the registration info, etc. on the day I ordered, and it just says to wait for the final invoice to be uploaded. Should I reach out myself?
Same order date here! Patiently waiting, haven’t heard anything.

It's only cause I'd sent him an email with an enquiry (only took him a week to get back to me).
What a difference a proactive, responsive SA makes to your peace of mind while waiting for a delivery date. Mine has been very good, keeping me informed, answering my novice questions and generally making the process easy for me. Whereas other people on this forum have had quite different experiences.

Anyway, I'm off to pick up my RWD this morning, so that's it for me on this forum. Good luck everyone and I hope you get your cars soon!

What a difference a proactive, responsive SA makes to your peace of mind while waiting for a delivery date. Mine has been very good, keeping me informed, answering my novice questions and generally making the process easy for me. Whereas other people on this forum have had quite different experiences.

Anyway, I'm off to pick up my RWD this morning, so that's it for me on this forum. Good luck everyone and I hope you get your cars soon!
Congratulations and enjoy your car!