Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So...it's April. Does this mean some of you are filled with hope of being assigned a VIN in the next week or two? Fingers crossed for you all!
Not so sure now, Giga Shanghai's been closed due to covid restrictions for a few days now, could be closed for even longer. Once the factory starts up again, how far will the Austn & NZ RHD cars be pushed back then to make up for lost production? And the Morning Crystal is set to sail Shanghai 19/4, so we could literally miss the boat. More waiting I guess but no change in my status so far.

Last edited:
So...it's April. Does this mean some of you are filled with hope of being assigned a VIN in the next week or two? Fingers crossed for you all!
I am one of those. I have resigned myself to being pushed to next quarter though to be honest based on factory closures and the rest of it - my guess is that once Aus production is completed, those who are getting pushed will be contacted. Hopefully I'm wrong and a VIN appears mid-month!

Not so sure now, Giga Shanghai's been closed due to covid restrictions for a few days now, could be closed for even longer. Once the factory starts up again, how far will the Austn & NZ RHD cars be pushed back then to make up for lost production? And the Morning Glory is set to sail Shanghai 19/4, so we could literally miss the boat. More waiting I guess but no change in my status so far.
hehe... i think it's the Morning Crystal :p

Haha I'd love to see everyone else's haul of accessories. I've just ordered a bunch of stuff and I'm still 4-6 months away from setting foot in my car!!
Purchases so far:

Essential:
Sunshades
Dog hammock
500GB SSD drive sentry/music *
Screen protector
Mats (x6)
Wall charger
Jack pads
Centre console trays
Rechargeable air compressor
Tyre weld
First Aid kit
Cleaning products
*would have been larger if I had known that the centre USB ports no longer carries data

Non-essential:
Phone holder
Foot pedals (chrome)
Boot sill protector
Interior LED lights upgrade (blue)
Interior camera cover
Door edge protector (transparent)
Bag holder
Trim tool kit
Metal 'charging' sign
Diecast model 😁

Not too sure now....
Wheel rim protector (white)
Wheel hub caps (white)
Door handle protector (white)
'Sentry' window sticker

Model 3 AWD (White/White) | OD: 08/12/2021 | VIN: Soon(??) | ED:
May(??) in Brisbane

Not so sure now, Giga Shanghai's been closed due to covid restrictions for a few days now, could be closed for even longer. Once the factory starts up again, how far will the Austn & NZ RHD cars be pushed back then to make up for lost production? And the Morning Crystal is set to sail Shanghai 19/4, so we could literally miss the boat. More waiting I guess but no change in my status so far.
For what its worth, I asked my Tesla sales rep if they were expecting delays due to Shanghai closure, and he said no. I ordered mine Feb 4th and it's still sitting at 14-20 weeks from order date.

Purchases so far:

Essential:
Sunshades
Dog hammock
500GB SSD drive sentry/music *
Screen protector
Mats (x6)
Wall charger
Jack pads
Centre console trays
Rechargeable air compressor
Tyre weld
First Aid kit
Cleaning products
*would have been larger if I had known that the centre USB ports no longer carries data

Non-essential:
Phone holder
Foot pedals (chrome)
Boot sill protector
Interior LED lights upgrade (blue)
Interior camera cover
Door edge protector (transparent)
Bag holder
Trim tool kit
Metal 'charging' sign
Diecast model 😁

Not too sure now....
Wheel rim protector (white)
Wheel hub caps (white)
Door handle protector (white)
'Sentry' window sticker

Model 3 AWD (White/White) | OD: 08/12/2021 | VIN: Soon(??) | ED:
May(??) in Brisbane
The diecast model piques my interest! Any suggestions?

That’s an impressive list

I've got the Hot Wheels Tesla Model 3. It was around $15

About the car, best suggestion is to get the sunshades for summer months and get the windows tinted for summer.

Also the all weather mats are really useful to have. I also upgraded the interior lights, the ones in the boot/trunk made a big difference, the standard ones aren't very bright.

Reactions: Maximillan
The diecast model piques my interest! Any suggestions?

That’s an impressive list
Toy model is better than I thought it would be. All doors open as well as the trunk and frunk. Rear and front lights illuminate when opening the doors and moving. Horn sounds when opening the doors. Only 'unnatural' sound is the revving of an ICE engine. 😀 $21 on aliexpress

Attachments

• IMAG3286~3.jpg
    IMAG3286~3.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 74
do Tesla 9or third parties) sell UMCs separately? I am thinking of using the UMC + standard port, but would like the convenience of having it ready in the trunk for when I am away. Yes, you could pack it up, etc but I would prefer to have a second UMC and hang it on the wall.

I thought the same but in reality unplugging and plugging in UMC is not a big deal
We do that every 3-4 days and leave it plugged in overnight to a 15amp powerpoint
Overnight it charges approx 280 to 330km

Reactions: Benzz and Azure7
I had mine delivered yesterday late in the afternoon. Very happy with it. The outside of the car was extremely dirty and looked like it hadn’t been washed at all. Tesla sent me a coupon to what looks to be a very nice hand car wash about 40km from me. I will use it sometime in the future but I will give it a good clean and polish myself This weekend. I find it’s the best way to closely look at every part of the car and spot any imperfections. I’ve not found anything up to now.

I hope everyone recieves their cars in good time and enjoys them as much as I am.

Attachments

• 5C9AF664-B66C-4AD0-9439-589F8DB319D2.jpeg
    5C9AF664-B66C-4AD0-9439-589F8DB319D2.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 51
I had mine delivered yesterday late in the afternoon. Very happy with it. The outside of the car was extremely dirty and looked like it hadn’t been washed at all. Tesla sent me a coupon to what looks to be a very nice hand car wash about 40km from me. I will use it sometime in the future but I will give it a good clean and polish myself This weekend. I find it’s the best way to closely look at every part of the car and spot any imperfections. I’ve not found anything up to now.

I hope everyone recieves their cars in good time and enjoys them as much as I am.
She’s a beauty congrats! And what a great charging setup you have. That is a clean garage :)

Reactions: Adelaide3