Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wu Wa pretty much has no idea what he is talking about or what's going on. Scroll through his Twitter feed. 18 hours ago he was denying a closed loop was possible or happening. Most of his post linked above is just him wildly speculating any number of things (all pessimistic) based on the single unverified claim that outsourced staff are heading to the factory on April 18. The other day he was on the twitter thread of the mid May rumour as well, perpetuating away. Why would Tesla spend the money to reopen the factory if there were even 10% of the risks he's stated? They're not operating without planning or risk management strategies. He's a dude who flies drones over Giga Shanghai and was told not to by Tesla. Nothing more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220416-200533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220416-200533_Chrome.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Vostok and DM221291
Confused about the Mobile Charger situation. This page still says it is "included as standard equipment with a new Tesla" - Mobile Connector.

However, Elon has been tweeting on the subject a bit in the past few hours
Usage statistics were super low, so seemed wasteful. On the (minor) plus side, we will be including more plug adapters with the mobile connector kit.
Based on feedback received, we will drop mobile connector price to $200 & make it easy to order with car. Note, mobile connector is not needed if you have a Tesla wall connector or to use Superchargers. Recommend installing Tesla wall connector well before car arrives.
Reached out to my SA to see if I can get a written commitment that my Model 3 will come with a Mobile Connector. Not keen on having to fork up another $860 AUD (or if price drops do happen here, probably around the $500-$600 mark still) to charge my car.

Will be interesting to see if Tesla can get AU Model 3s on the Morning Crystal, departing 26APR!

Confused about the Mobile Charger situation. This page still says it is "included as standard equipment with a new Tesla" - Mobile Connector.

However, Elon has been tweeting on the subject a bit in the past few hours

Reached out to my SA to see if I can get a written commitment that my Model 3 will come with a Mobile Connector. Not keen on having to fork up another $860 AUD (or if price drops do happen here, probably around the $500-$600 mark still) to charge my car.

If mine doesn't come with the kit, I'll going up the tree as required..I may not get anywhere, but I'm gonna make it a PITA for them.
It was included at the time of purchase, then I'm fully expecting them to include it.

What a BS excuse.. Might as well not include a reverse drive because we mostly drive forwards. Tesla need to be better than that.

Last edited:
If mine doesn't come with the kit, I'll going up the tree as required..I may not get anywhere, but I'm gonna make it a PITA for them.
It was included at the time of purchase, then I'm fully expecting them to include it.

If the mobile connector was listed as an inclusion when you placed the order, then Tesla is legally obliged to supply it. If/when Musk’s tweet to delete the UMC is implemented, it will take effect for new orders from a certain date, and order pages would be updated accordingly.

If the mobile connector was listed as an inclusion when you placed the order, then Tesla is legally obliged to supply it. If/when Musk’s tweet to delete the UMC is implemented, it will take effect for new orders from a certain date, and order pages would be updated accordingly.

I receive lifetime free premium connectivity and Homelink was installed gratis, even after Tesla changed the inclusions on the order page. They have always honoured what was offered.

I agree with this. However, I cannot find mobile connector listed in my order agreement. Even its not listed on my final invoice of pervious model 3.
Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 9.38.08 am.png

I agree with this. However, I cannot find mobile connector listed in my order agreement. Even its not listed on my final invoice of pervious model 3.
In the "Agreement to Purchase" section of their order agreement, "If Your Vehicle is new, it is priced and configured based on features and options available at the time of order and you can confirm availability with a Tesla representative. Options, features or hardware released after you place your order may not be included in or available for your Vehicle."

The UMC was specifically pointed out as included by my SA at order time, and still is included according to the web site. Based on this clause and past Tesla behaviour I do not think this will be an issue; the UMC should be delivered to existing orders. I will be 100% certain when my wheels are delivered.

I've been a Tesla supporter and shareholder for many years now. And seeing them remove the mobile connector for US vehicles is starting to shake my loyalty to the brand by a large margin. It sucked when they removed the lumbar support without warning, but removing something so fundamental as the charging cable for the vehicle that people NEED is just stupid. Not to mention the lame reason Elon gave that "Usage statistics were super low", I know for a fact that many friends rely on that mobile connector (and soon to be myself included), and the sentiment seems to be the same for the majority of people online. It serves as a great backup in emergency situations or can outright be peoples primary use of charging 100% of the time.

At this point in time it looks like China versions will still be getting it, but you never know what the future will entail. Very disappointing move made by Tesla!

I receive lifetime free premium connectivity and Homelink was installed gratis, even after Tesla changed the inclusions on the order page. They have always honoured what was offered.
Or at least offered to honour it.

Q3 2020 cars had the choice of getting their car with the HPWC.
Or amending the contract to forgo the HPWC and get the new lower price (about $5k less)

Sorry for the above empty post, it was misclicked and I don't know how to delete it.

I wanted to ask. Considering Shanghai and most of the neighbouring regions are lockdown/restricted, wouldn't tesla Shanghai just focus on overseas orders for now? Considering the Shanghai port is just a 15min straight road from the plant.

Tesla copying the Apple move to reduce costs by not including a charger?

Seriously imagine buying ANY other electrical device, you open the box and not charging cable or power cord. I suggest the ACCC might have something to say about this one.

On the other hand, maybe this opens the market for cheaper after market mobile charging cables.

Tesla copying the Apple move to reduce costs by not including a charger?
But if it's delete the MC, versus a $500 price rise, which may make people ineligible for a government subsidy you can understand it.

Personally though Tesla should have always given people options.
Eg. - Free Mobile Connector or Type2-2 cable, OR half price Wall Connector
For example.

maybe this opens the market for cheaper after market mobile charging cables.
Think much like the Wall Connectors, the Tesla unit is about as cheap as they come (particularly if we get the price reduction the US is getting).

I've been a Tesla supporter and shareholder for many years now. And seeing them remove the mobile connector for US vehicles is starting to shake my loyalty to the brand by a large margin. It sucked when they removed the lumbar support without warning, but removing something so fundamental as the charging cable for the vehicle that people NEED is just stupid.

Post #4000 😄

I know change tends to trigger people, but all buyers were paying for the UMC indirectly as part of the cost of the car - it was just buried in the total cost and not a separate line item, that’s all.

If people want the UMC, there is always the option to add it on when you order your car.

Also this change appears so far to be for USA cars only. Any any cars sold in Australia to this point will have the UMC included because that’s what was indicated when the buyer ordered. No need to get het up about it!