Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi IcedCoffee, I ended up calling an SA to ask them about the benefits of moving down to the 18" from the 19" (which will not result in a refund for difference in cost, in case anyone was wondering).

I did voice my concern about the ample anecdotal feedback regarding the 19" being more susceptible to pothole damage, but he did bring up a valid point, it really depends on your driving style and how fast you're going when you hit a given pothole. He also mentioned that he personally has a Model 3 LR that has 19" wheels and he hasn't had any issues with potholes so far.

He also mentioned that, ideally to capitalise on $$$ I should probably look at picking up 18" wheels after-market if I change my mind about the 19" wheels, selling the latter for a little bit of $.

For anyone still wanting to switch from 19" to 18" though, the SA mentioned that it would not impact/affect your place in the queue, nor will it impact the purchase price. :)
Many, many new cars come with large diameter wheels ranging from 18" to 21". Heck, even a Camry SX has 19" wheels, KIA Sorento GT-Line has 20" wheels, Hyundai Sonata N-Line has 19" wheels, two of the Mazda 6 range have 19" wheels. It's not limited to a Tesla Model 3 LR problem, it's actually not a problem at all really - it's just something to consider.
Additionally - I really would be asking more questions on here and watching YouTube videos etc than expecting expert advice from SA's. Would be just your luck that you changed your order from 19" to 18" and your place in the queue reset to today :oops:

I ordered the exact same model in Sydney 3 days after you and got the 5-7 months wait 😔. Kicking myself for procrastinating over the purchase for a week!
I wouldn't worry about the estimated date "cutoff". I got my LR order in the same day before they changed from 8-12 weeks to 14-20 weeks, and now about 20 weeks later I'm still waiting anyways, not knowing if the car will even come this quarter 😛

Meanwhile many people who ordered the RWD, even well into the "14-20 weeks" estimate, received their cars in the first quarter.

I wouldn't worry about the estimated date "cutoff". I got my LR order in the same day before they changed from 8-12 weeks to 14-20 weeks, and now about 20 weeks later I'm still waiting anyways, not knowing if the car will even come this quarter 😛

Meanwhile many people who ordered the RWD, even well into the "14-20 weeks" estimate, received their cars in the first quarter.
My hope is that we get our cars in the next shipment. At least that is what the SA from Tesla told me.

Great news for us who got a M3 order in before the price rise, mine is $67k OTR
Why great news before the price rise? It should be based on the price of the car before on-roads, which as of today is $65,625 for a white RWD, which is still under the $70k limit.

however we now have to pay 2.5c per KM like they do in victoria. So as someone who misses out on the rebate as i got a LR. I now also have to per km i drive on the road. Wish we never got a rebate.
From July 1, 2027, however indexation of that 2.5c starts from now - so it could be 3c/km or higher come mid-2027.

I ordered a M3 LR white / black interior on 29/11/21. No VIN yet.
I've Had delivery extended 3 times. On 21/2/22 I was given a new timeline: 3-6 mths from order date (March-May for based on my order date).Turandot, Morning Clara, family is going insane. Purchased my wall charger in March. At least I get heated windscreen wipers with this edition.

I've Had delivery extended 3 times. On 21/2/22 I was given a new timeline: 3-6 mths from order date (March-May for based on my order date).Turandot, Morning Clara, family is going insane. Purchased my wall charger in March. At least I get heated windscreen wipers with this edition.
I feel your pain. I ordered M3 LR 30/11/21. No vin. No information.

I feel your pain. I ordered M3 LR 30/11/21. No vin. No information.
Out of curiosity…are late November orders the longest wait on here?
So hoping they’ve done a LR / P run for all of you 🤞