Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Turandot enroute to our territory docked today at Korea Pyeongtaek. alongside no less that 6 other ROROs. clearly there is much movement in the auto world atm.

Ok so Shanghai made 10,757 cars since shut down. 1512 went to China, 4767 went to Europe. That leaves 4478.

Of those 10,757 cars, 4233 are M3, 6524 are MY (Boooo). MY will not be coming to Aus/NZ. So there are some numbers for us all to wildly speculate over.

Which i will now do. Given i have mostly seen the whole EDD date fluctuation in the UK belonging to MY, M3LR and M3P, my speculation is that we have a LR battery heavy production run to be split between Aus/NZ. Probably for Q4 and early Q1. With MYs heading to Korea. And i reckon a bigger batch of RWD will come on Morning Clara. OR. ... We'll get nothing.
Hopefully Giga Berlin will ramp up & the euros & poms can get their vehicles from there, going forward & allow the backlog in Asia/Oceania to catch up.

Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone here ordered the model3 RWD from Jan 22 (or earlier?) and still waiting?

Cheers

RWD order date: 1 mar 22
5-7 months wait time (currently showing)
White

Ordered my 3R exactly on the 22nd January lol, it's on that Google sheets tracker.
No VIN, no coms from sales or finance about the ETA.

Don't know.. It looks like the 9.2m retrospectively updated to 9.3m for the entire timeline since Shanghai. More time needed perhaps.

So where do we land percentage chance wise that this is our ship?

Screenshot_20220511-213803.png

Ordered my 3R exactly on the 22nd January lol, it's on that Google sheets tracker.
No VIN, no coms from sales or finance about the ETA.

So where do we land percentage chance wise that this is our ship?

View attachment 802883
No percentages until we get VINs. Right now it's Schrodinger's Teslas. But the plus side is at this stage that whatever she took on in Shanghai is probably still there. At the very least, she didn't dump everything and reload with Santa Fe's. ... Yet. Our Teslas or Chinese forklifts are still aboard. I spose there's a possibility they are loading in and out at the exact same time? Which would be impressive.

Reactions: rtvanda and PcS000
Update from my SA in Perth today after sending a quick follow-up email

We are hoping to have an exact indication within the next week, I will call you as soon as I get any information.

Thank you so much for your patience, I know its been a struggle with the unknown but we should have an update very soon.
@ianhutch1 - and you are a Feb OD like me, and they might *gasp* have information soon?
I’ve been having the guilts about craving info when there are still Nov/Dec OD people left in the dark.
Not saying that you or I or anyone shouldn’t get an update, but I had thought it would still be ages before I got any updates.

Kudos to you for chasing info…and actually getting a response 🙌

Big Hyundai vibes. Pyeongtaek is where Teslas have been traditionally offloaded (because it's near Seoul). Masan is right near the huge Hyundai factory in Ulsan. Maybe they offload Teslas there but i can't find any references to that ever happening on the web.
Hoopyfrood has a new hobby Brewing here.
You should wear a go pro on your head and wave at ships as they cruise by… I’d watch it on tiktok

Attachments

• 18AEC23E-2EAE-4F33-8F61-A3A47754511C.jpeg
    18AEC23E-2EAE-4F33-8F61-A3A47754511C.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi, Plenti just sent me a renewal for my loan approval, and got the new 3.99%. Thinking of Macquarie which still have 2.99% - I can't find it on their website but does Macquarie allow early termination for the loan or is there a fee? Anyone using them know?

I am planning to call them tomorrow, but thought I'd ask in this forum. Also keen to see other's experiences with them.

Thanks All.
Macquarie offer early termination with a ~$750 fee pro-rated from memory. My rep called me yesterday to re-apply since my first loan expired (it's been 6 months since being approved). Also, the rate is increasing next week so we had to lock in the 2.99%. all approved now. I can wait another 6 months for my me LR. 🫤

Update from my SA in Perth today after sending a quick follow-up email

We are hoping to have an exact indication within the next week, I will call you as soon as I get any information.

Thank you so much for your patience, I know its been a struggle with the unknown but we should have an update very soon.
That’s what I was told only he added they were very hopeful June would be delivery time which, to me, means they are on one of the ships.

The Turandot could not have done too much in South Korea, it was only in port for 5hrs 51mins. Heading for Masan, maybe the Hyundai‘s/Kia’s will load there, still got 1/2m of draft to go to maximum. Will not arrive until after 11 tonight so I won’t know anything.

Last edited:
Many, many new cars come with large diameter wheels ranging from 18" to 21". Heck, even a Camry SX has 19" wheels, KIA Sorento GT-Line has 20" wheels, Hyundai Sonata N-Line has 19" wheels, two of the Mazda 6 range have 19" wheels. It's not limited to a Tesla Model 3 LR problem, it's actually not a problem at all really - it's just something to consider.
Additionally - I really would be asking more questions on here and watching YouTube videos etc than expecting expert advice from SA's. Would be just your luck that you changed your order from 19" to 18" and your place in the queue reset to today :oops:
Model 3 LR
White/Black interior
OD April 22
EDD 6-9 months
Canberra

I had similar concerns about the 19" wheels, (my order was just before the LR spec was change to 18 ") about a week after ordering after reading various reports etc. Enquired with the SA about the implications of changing who said it won't make it cheaper -wasn't my main concern and no one could say if I'd lose my spot on the waitlist unless I actually committed to the changed. BS detection meter went into overdrive. Once I calmed down from that conversation and realised it should be easy enough to change after taking delivery if I want to, feel much more relaxed.

I do wonder why they don't offer the Aero covers with the larger wheels, I don't find the look of the coverless 19" that much better - prefer the potential of that extra bit of range. maybe I'm in a very small demographic there. :)

Last edited: