Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

First time poster here,

Tesla Model 3 LR WHT/BLK
ODD:
20 Jan 2022
Sydney

Just received received a call from my SA and was advised that he has received information from upper management in Tesla Australia there will be no Q2 deliveries. I was told to expect early-mid Q3 possibly, sorry if i'm delivering bad new as a first post but thought I would give everyone else here a heads up :(
So is that no Tesla deliveries at all? All model types?

I'm really sorry for everyone with older orders than me.

I ordered on the 25/3/22 SR+ MSM and I was really hoping there would be a shipment soon.

My logic is that I'm on the second shipment to AU, so the sooner that first shipment comes the closer I am. If we're now looking at an August/Sept for the next lot, I'll likely be in the Dec/Jan lot.

I'm still waiting for some of our more recognisable/regular members to get these calls. Lots of newbies today. Lots of newbies all getting the same news today. Vibes are weird.

Still no contact from Tesla for me. And trust me i am watching the phone.

Still only silver, blue and red reporting. Two whites.
That's some next level hopium lol.

I've yet to be contacted (nor did I get contacted for the initial delay to Q2 either, so it might be hit and miss who gets called and who doesn't), and as much as I'd want my car sooner rather than later, it's easier to just set my expectations for a post June/July delivery for now and not worry about it for a while. Might be healthier to find something else to occupy your mind on and check back here in a month and a half 😛 It's what I did back in Feb when I realised my car wasn't coming, and only came back here in Apr, feeling like time really just flew by. The more you refresh here in agony the worst the wait becomes haha. If the car comes earlier then great, it'll be a nice surprise 😁

Reactions: FlyingKiwi
That's some next level hopium lol.

I've yet to be contacted (nor did I get contacted for the initial delay to Q2 either, so it might be hit and miss who gets called and who doesn't), and as much as I'd want my car sooner rather than later, it's easier to just set my expectations for a post June/July delivery for now and not worry about it for a while. Might be healthier to find something else to occupy your mind on and check back here in a month and a half 😛 It's what I did back in Feb when I realised my car wasn't coming, and only came back here in Apr, feeling like time really just flew by. The more you refresh here in agony the worst the wait becomes haha. If the car comes earlier then great, it'll be a nice surprise 😁
Ha! I'm not in agony at all. The concern is very nice though. I have a car to drive so it's no big deal if i do get bumped. I am captivated today because i enjoy the analysis of data. I mean getting bumped would be mildly annoying. But no more mildly annoying than waiting for a nice chunk of leave from work. Or a package from Ali. I also genuinely have nothing official and the heap of new members appearing today is an anomaly on this thread. It just is.

i also find the dynamic between the optimists and pessimists fascinating. Why pessimists are so keen on optimists not being optimistic. Is it out of genuine concern? Do they really feel that low when their optimism is dashed? It's effictively a new toy and i am an adult human. My new toy is delayed? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Meh. I would rather remain enthused for a good possibility than be perpetually unenthused because a bad one might occur.

Reactions: Cmoney991 and penn_
Been lurking here for a while, I also got the call today. Tesla must’ve had a big internal comms go out

Been told expect it in the second half of the year , Tesla app will update with a date as it comes closer

M3 LR
Ordered 14/2
Silver grey/black
Sydney

Reactions: bgeh
No contact for me either. I actually texted my SA yesterday and he replied to say "no news, hoping for an update soon, still hoping for June delivery". Which means he didn't really know anything. But he said he would let me know as soon as he got new information.

I wonder if there is a *small* delivery happening in June - I ordered a white/black RWD (i.e. the most common model) on 15/1 - and maybe they have some stock available to deliver? Am I clutching at straws? 100%.

OMG, the idea of September is SO SO SADDENING!! (in the context of first world problems...)

Hi all, long time reader but first time poster!
M3 RWD
White / White
Ordered 28/02/22 in Perth
EDD 5 - 7 months from order date

SA emailed me the day after I ordered advising of September delivery. But once Giga Shanghai closed I kind of figured my delivery would be pushed back.

I haven't had any comms advising of a delay yet so I'm still somewhat hopefully for September but like the rest of you, I'm doing my best to stay patient 😞

If no deliveries in Q2 for Australia I'm hoping that means the Q3 delivery will be bigger, but that's probably being a bit optimistic.

If Giga Berlin starts ramping up production that will hopefully ease the backlog at Shanghai 🤞

Reactions: moa999 and penn_
Confirming all the above comments - SA called today (Parramatta) he advised that they won't be receiving any updates let alone shipments till Q2 which looks like July-Sep. Some more useful info
  • RWD generally has fewer parts so, therefore, produced earlier
  • 12mth wait on most Manufacturers (Toyota/Merc)
My order details:
Tesla Model 3 LR White / White
OD: 20/01/2022

Welps, it's been fun see you in a few months all, back to driving my 2001 Civic

M3 LR Blue with black.. order date 26/11/2021, originally 8-12 weeks, then 14-20 weeks and then showing nothing (for months now).

Just had "the call" from Tesla SA. No cars until 2nd half 2022. Seemed like she had a prepared script and not really any useful information. I'm clinging to the hope that "2nd half" starts in July and at least the 2021 orders might get delivered early in 2nd half. I'm 67 years old and I have never waited more than 3-4 days for a car, so this is a new experience. I'm also hoping that they are "under promising" and will now "over deliver" (the reverse of what they have done so far. I'm sure glad I didn't sell my car in January!!!!

i also find the dynamic between the optimists and pessimists fascinating. Why pessimists are so keen on optimists not being optimistic. Is it out of genuine concern? Do they really feel that low when their optimism is dashed? It's effictively a new toy and i am an adult human. My new toy is delayed? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Meh. I would rather remain enthused for a good possibility than be perpetually unenthused because a bad one might occur.
Nothing wrong with optimism, but I just thought it was a bit too much when you were rejecting all the info coming from members receiving calls about the delay 😅 I'd rather the car here sooner too (I'm sure we all do), but if I was a pessimist, I'd be telling everyone to definitely not expect a delivery until September or something. I'm sure the situation will sort itself out and we'll all be enjoying our cars eventually, could be this quarter, could be next quarter. But what's happening at the moment is largely out of Tesla's control anyway.

Reactions: FlyingKiwi
Me for the next 3+ months...
IMG-20200731-WA0000.jpg