Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing wrong with optimism, but I just thought it was a bit too much when you were rejecting all the info coming from members receiving calls about the delay 😅 I'd rather the car here sooner too (I'm sure we all do), but if I was a pessimist, I'd be telling everyone to definitely not expect a delivery until September or something. I'm sure the situation will sort itself out and we'll all be enjoying our cars eventually, could be this quarter, could be next quarter. But what's happening at the moment is largely out of Tesla's control anyway.
Oh i didn't mean you are a pessimist. I meant the general optimism/pessimism dynamic in the thread. It's a long running theme.

I'm waiting for evidence. Because all accounts today, without exception, are anecdotal. And the huge new member influx is suss. I will accept any non-anecdotal evidence presented. However...

Reactions: Miku
No Q2 cars is starting to look accurate. Doesn't change my world, was going to be Q3 (hopefully not sliding to Q4) for me anyway.

If it brings anyone any comfort, do the maths on your finance repayments and start putting that amount aside every pay period. When the delivery does come up, you'll have to borrow less money.
It's a pain though because they have a max deposit, I think from memory I couldn't make a deposit of more than half the car. Will just save up the repayments instead and use that when it arrives :)

Reactions: penn_
Same here. Just got the call from my SA in Sydney. Bad news! No cars till "Second half of 2022". "Expect an update to your order in a few weeks' time with a revised delivery date" Good news? "The price won't change". Ordered my white LR on 3/1/22 and was told 16-20 weeks (end May). Very disappointing !!

FB_IMG_1652266130258~2.jpg

@Hoopyfrood
Cha cha-ing here.
(But was always expecting Q3)

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
According to the spreadsheet, there are only 2 of us waiting for red Performance Model 3s, both with black interior, in Australia. And looking further there are only 13 Performance in any colour. I hope we're not waiting for any kind of batch sized run.

I'd love to know how many are really waiting for an M3P in Australia.

Just out of curiosity, are we in a massive country wide queue or are there multiple queues based on your location?

If 5,000 people in Vic for example are in queue but say only 1,000 people in WA are in a queue.

The next shipment that arrives into Fremantle, WA with 1,000 cars on it, do they just go to the WA people even if Victoria has people who have been waiting longer?