Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having buyers remorse on the long range and wanting the performance

Would be 23k difference though and sent to the back of the queue. Crazy?

It will just do family car duties , will never track it but I do like fast cars..
I went for the performance because it is a fast car.
Even the LR wouldn’t be quick enough after owning various BMW M cars for the last 30 years

It will just do family car duties , will never track it but I do like fast cars..

The M3Ps are great fun. I got mine March 2022 and came out of a BMW M5, tuned to 700hp. In the city, the M3P is hands down much more entertaining. It's a grown person's go-kart. If you turn the nannies off, the chassis is quite playfull and it's will do decent donoughts (on private property of course). Saying that, the LR is 95% of the P if you are noy goinh to use track mode. For those of you waiting, I've had about 20 cars of all shapes, sizes and makes. Some have been amazing vehicles , but the MP3 is the best daily and city car without doubt, it's amazing and worth the wait, be it 6 months or 12 months.

I am an impatient bugger so after hearing the news that no T3 being delivered Q2 and possibly at best late Q3 i went out this weekend and purchased a 2021 LR with boost white on white. Ordered the same back in Feb week 1 and will keep it order and then decide which I will sell later this year when the new one finally arrives.
Haha, nice one! I thought when the car transfers owner, any extras (eg boost, FSD) were removed/deactivated. Is that not the case?

More importantly, how's the car? And congratulations.

purchased a 2021 LR with boost
Have you driven a P to compare?

The M3Ps are great fun. I got mine March 2022 and came out of a BMW M5
Great feedback, I’m pretty excited. Im a huge bmw fan but m3/m5 are over budget unfortunately, it’s what made the LR so appealing, less than a 330i

I’ll get the boost pack for sure, 20k extra just feels like such a jump. Be nice if they did more to differentiate the P

Reactions: Polarxp
I've got the frunk tub.. going to fill it with ice and drinks and get the more powerful frunk struts.. looking forward to pulling in, popping the frunk, turning the music up and starting the party! :)
Screenshot_20220515-222940_eBay.jpg

Reactions: Ib38 and ohmsalad
My SA called today, to advise that my delivery will be pushed back to second half of this year.

He was super apologetic - I said no need to apologise, it's not your fault. From his tone, I gather he'd been lambasted by previous clients when making this call.

I don't understand why people get stuck into the SA's - they're fed info from head office, and merely relaying that info on.

Wished him a good day, reminded him how excited I am to finally get the car, and hoping it's at the start of Q2 than the end of Q4!

People are feeling a bit deflated after hearing no deliveries to Aus/NZ for this quarter, so just need to lick our wounds a little. Sure things will get back to normal soon enough. Maybe we can kill some time discussing accessories that’ve been ordered or considering being ordered. I’m currently waiting on a few things, including a fog light upgrade with turn signals.
Good idea!. I just ordered some floor mats from Tessories.

My SA called today, to advise that my delivery will be pushed back to second half of this year.

He was super apologetic - I said no need to apologise, it's not your fault. From his tone, I gather he'd been lambasted by previous clients when making this call.

I don't understand why people get stuck into the SA's - they're fed info from head office, and merely relaying that info on.

Wished him a good day, reminded him how excited I am to finally get the car, and hoping it's at the start of Q2 than the end of Q4!
well said, my response also...

If you've got 23K to spare, you might as well just buy another car instead. What's an extra 80K instead? :D Then you'll also have the joy and being in the queue twice.

You may find you get the P at the same time as you would have got the LR. I think it depends on what batch they are making, how many have ordered, colour etc. My impression no one knows, not even the SA. He said to me that I will find out changes etc to the car from the internet before him.

Reactions: fobo
Haha, nice one! I thought when the car transfers owner, any extras (eg boost, FSD) were removed/deactivated. Is that not the case?

More importantly, how's the car? And congratulations.
Software upgrades stay with the car when sold. A friend has a standard 2021 LR and drove the one I purchased with the boost and that extra 0.5sec drop made him smile ear to ear. The LR with boost in incredibly fast down to 3.7s to 100Kmh. Incredible to drive coming from 2016 HSV.

Reactions: DrewBytes and fobo
Software upgrades stay with the car when sold. A friend has a standard 2021 LR and drove the one I purchased with the boost and that extra 0.5sec drop made him smile ear to ear. The LR with boost in incredibly fast down to 3.7s to 100Kmh. Incredible to drive coming from 2016 HSV.
Good to know. I'm waiting for an LR. Will get the boost at some point!

Haven't had "the call" yet. But interested if everyone getting a call are those that were in the 14-20 week delivery and will now miss that window?

My original delivery was the 5-7 months that puts me at July to September. So technically I don't need a call as I'll still be in my delivery window with Q3 delivery.

Anyone else?

Haven't had "the call" yet. But interested if everyone getting a call are those that were in the 14-20 week delivery and will now miss that window?

My original delivery was the 5-7 months that puts me at July to September. So technically I don't need a call as I'll still be in my delivery window with Q3 delivery.

Anyone else?
My OD was a day earlier than yours, no call as well. Read on thedriven.io about the Tesla deliveries getting postponed to Q3.. hoping I can still get it at least on July/Aug, as I might be away most of September...

Reactions: mgfletcher