Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So who with a VIN and a delivery date of ~8th to ~18th Aug has an actual invoice?

Thought I saw some mention an invoice, but I've not got one yet, which feels a bit weird.

I'm totally still 80% expecting something to cause me to miss out this quarter. My faith in Tesla remains low. I'm very much in the "I'll believe it when I'm in it" realm.

If we have all accepted the Tesla Vision upgrade, does this mean we will have to wait until after the factory shutdown/upgrade before our cars come off the assembly line?
The factory shutdown will be when they include the changes to Tesla Vision install as well as the other upgrades.

Thanks, in that event do we know when the next car carrier is leaving Shanghai for Australia after the Morning Clara?
Yes Viking Passama 19/7
If we have all accepted the Tesla Vision upgrade, does this mean we will have to wait until after the factory shutdown/upgrade before our cars come off the assembly line?
No, those who have vins already had to accept the Tesla Vision change and their cars have already been built

Feeling a little - well actually a lot - dudded at the moment as well. 20/1. Doh.
My wife made the observation that it has removed a lot of the gloss from getting this, the most expensive we have ever bought, car. Feels for the LR and P people who have even longer wait times following shorter promised delivery times.
Seems 3 weeks of shutdown has led to a 3 month delay in our delivery. Can't truly figure that one out ...
I think it's not over yet considering more production coming. And possibly more ships.
I'm tracking the FBT issue closely as well. What leasing company would you use out of interest? My employer uses smart salary. The potential savings through FBT exemption are substantial - in the order of 8-10k p.a. for a M3. This could actually be a silver lining to the delay

A key point here though is that although the policy is due to start on 1 July 2022, it has not been legislated as the new govt haven't sat yet. I assume this means it'll be retrospective to 1 July when it does become law, who knows how this would work. At this stage It's just an announcement. It would be a bold move to sign up to an expensive novated lease based on a promise from a politician in an election campaign!

You are right about the FBT savings. Whirlpool had some good discussion on it and doing it for myself showed very good savings.

On the announcement front, it is more that that. Labor has confirmed it will go to parliament with a July 1 retrospective. So anyone on Novated Lease from July1 will bet it.

I think the SAā€™s all have this quote on their desks!

ā€œReports that say that something hasnā€™t happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we donā€™t know we donā€™t know.ā€
Donald Rumsfeld.

Reactions: Modi
So who with a VIN and a delivery date of ~8th to ~18th Aug has an actual invoice?

Thought I saw some mention an invoice, but I've not got one yet, which feels a bit weird.

I'm totally still 80% expecting something to cause me to miss out this quarter. My faith in Tesla remains low. I'm very much in the "I'll believe it when I'm in it" realm.
Could be different with RWD and LR.

Eg So far I've only recorded SMS VIN notifications coming from RWD people.
Did you get one? Be nice to know LR people got one too.

The factory shutdown will be when they include the changes to Tesla Vision install as well as the other upgrades.
From what I've heard, VIN only happens after car is built. Sometimes its a long time after (eg car is already on the vessel)

So your car already exists.
As a blue black RWD you might be able to spot it in the Wu Wa videos :) or at least one that looks like yours :)
You should have a VIN you can discover on your web page.

From what I've heard, VIN only happens after car is built. Sometimes its a long time after (eg car is already on the vessel)

As a blue black RWD you might be able to spot it in the Wu Wa videos :) or at least one that looks like yours :)
@baktoid Here we go - from a Jason Yang video 30/06

1657028277176.png

You can see some Blue / Black Tesla here. All Model 3s from what I can tell. (No tinting on back window, more boot exposed, no black strip down the bottom of the boot area) With the different wheels indicating the different models. The lighter one I've highlighted being an LR and I think the other 2 are RWDs.
Others have determine they are RHD as well.
I can see some other Blue ones in there but cant tell what model they are.

So maybe one of them is yours. Or maybe yours has been moved to the ship yards already.
Either way it is on its way.

Didnt we find out a few days back that people were assigned VINs a couple of days before the actual build date e.g. found VIN on 28/6 and build date was 30/6? I thought there were some examples of that

Reactions: baktoid

Yes I have found VIN in source code. I was thinking official VIN is in the invoice? No invoice yet. However I did find VIN in my ā€œApplication for Vehicle Registrationā€ document which appeared in my portal this week.

Reactions: Ormaus