Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think ACCC will start to come down on car makers if they cant deliver cars within a satisfactory period of time.

Just look at KIA.
I once made 3 Mobile retract all their advertising for data plans when smartphones were first a thing because they sold me a data consuming phone and a contract which included data before they had the capacity or infrastructure to provide a data service. And they had to pay me a bunch of money too!

The data service then mysteriously materialised two weeks later along with the advertising material and i got my data service. Lol.

The ACCC rules.

I once made 3 Mobile retract all their advertising for data plans when smartphones were first a thing because they sold me a data consuming phone and a contract which included data before they had the capacity or infrastructure to provide a data service. And they had to pay me a bunch of money too!

The data service then mysteriously materialised two weeks later along with the advertising material and i got my data service. Lol.

The ACCC rules.
Your flight to shanghai boards in 3 hours. Don't be late 😂

I haven't got a quote yet but from looking around the range is about $700-$1300. I'll get back to you once I get official quotes

A few places I'm looking at
@*Sparkles*
got a couple of ceramic coating quotes for you

quote 1: Beauty and Beast in Bayswater - $1290 - Zeus package (8 year coating) including interior protection

quote 2: Tint a car Perth -$1500 - Elite X ceramic including interior protection

Leaning towards Beauty as they have experience with Tesla's and have their own. I'm going there to check it out tomorrow.
I'll get a third quote soon to round it off.

Must have missed that section where is says "you are not placing an order for a Tesla but reserving one of their allocated matched vehicles". The closest thing to it in the contract is the following,

"If you are purchasing a new vehicle, after you submit your completed order and the options you selected become available in production, we will begin the process of matching your order to a vehicle and coordinating your Vehicle delivery."

...which is not what you are claiming. It's, in fact, the opposite. You are not reserving an "allocated matched vehicle". They are saying, when we build a vehicle that matches what you ordered we'll supply the vehicle.
I think you need to re read my post and yours as you seem confused to the ordering process at Tesla.
Your are not placing an order to have have your model 3 built. As I said previously, Tesla ordered a defined number based on models and colours, each quarter. When your reservation matches one of the their ordered vehicles , then it is allocated based o order date, model and colour.
You can't place an order to have you Tesla built. Big difference to how everyone other car manufacturer operates, except Polestar now, which uses the Tesla model of allocations.

I will come into Kembla doing the Titanic arms thing. Singing.
1657099874982.jpeg

@*Sparkles*
got a couple of ceramic coating quotes for you

quote 1: Beauty and Beast in Bayswater - $1290 - Zeus package (8 year coating) including interior protection

quote 2: Tint a car Perth -$1500 - Elite X ceramic including interior protection

Leaning towards Beauty as they have experience with Tesla's and have their own. I'm going there to check it out tomorrow.
I'll get a third quote soon to round it off.
Thank you so much, @Hazygrunt ... you are awesome! 😊

BTW, how are you enjoying the new wheels?

Last edited:
@Hazygrunt, forgot to ask, how are you enjoying your new wheels?
it extremely fun, can't help but accelerate past everyone and grin. I think if i had any more power/torque then it would be way too much for me and my city driving. my efficiency isn't great at the moment :D

not many blue ones around so I get a lot of heads turning which I've never had before in my other cars. it'll stand out even more with the ceramic coating.

I tried auto pilot on freeway and noticed that it didn't take into account the speed limit change even though it read the sign... got honked by a truck sitting behind me in the right lane but quickly fixed that issue lol. It's amusing watching at the screen during red lights and seeing what the radar/cameras pick up.

you won't be disappointed when your cars get here!