Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about anyone else on the eastern seaboard here, but I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t mentioned to anyone back in February that I’d ordered a Tesla. I proudly announced that in about 6 months…ie now…. I’d be showing off the new addition. The problem is now, I’m having to explain to friends and family the sad, repetitive news that it’s still a while away but being unable to give firm details as to why. I really wish that Tesla was a bit more forthcoming in communication with their customers, even if it’s not totally good news. Getting sick of making up excuses.

Reactions: coref1
Not sure if anyone else has theorised this yet, but here is my uneducated and unjustified opinion of why eastern seaboard vins haven’t been allocated yet/aren’t being prioritised.
Either that.
Or they have prioritised the WA production due to the transhipment and Tesla's typical desire not to have inventory over quarter end.

East coast cars can still be produced this week, and possibly even late July after the shutdown and make it on the later ships.

Given we have WA dates to 3/3 I'd be reasonably confident that the majority of Dec, Jan and Feb orders will get delivered by end-Sep.

Not sure if anyone else has theorised this yet, but here is my uneducated and unjustified opinion of why eastern seaboard vins haven’t been allocated yet/aren’t being prioritised.
I reckon they are making all the cars we need (or at least the bulk of them) but are only allocating VINs to owners who require a secondary transport service after they arrive in Australia and therefore need to be booked ahead of time.
The rest of us I’m major cities will get allocated cars once the ship has left china as there is time to manage the more straightforward delivery process. This would be consistent with the previous allocation process where cars are allocated once they have left china.

Wishful thinking or pure genius? 😉
Yeah, unfortunately theory doesn’t work for me. I’m in Wagga and need secondary transport. I haven’t received anything yet. I wish it was true though!

Not sure about anyone else on the eastern seaboard here, but I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t mentioned to anyone back in February that I’d ordered a Tesla. I proudly announced that in about 6 months…ie now…. I’d be showing off the new addition. The problem is now, I’m having to explain to friends and family the sad, repetitive news that it’s still a while away but being unable to give firm details as to why. I really wish that Tesla was a bit more forthcoming in communication with their customers, even if it’s not totally good news. Getting sick of making up excuses.
Yep, I think we’re rowing the same boat…👍

Yeah, unfortunately theory doesn’t work for me. I’m in Wagga and need secondary transport. I haven’t received anything yet. I wish it was true though!

WA is secondary transport by boat though which would have schedules whereas booking a truck is on demand.
Agree!^^^
Wagga is a stone throw compared to WA & SA..

Anyone else need some (probably false) optimism?

Optimism dealer here 😎

*Just don’t blame me when it’s all wrong*