Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exact same order date as me! I actually think we may have moved forward a bit as there would have been a few cancellations when the model Y was released
Yes, that's the glimmer of hope making me check the app frequently. It would be interesting to know how many orders in front of us have intention of doing that (either having done it already or waiting it out to see if they have a model y arriving in this batch of deliveries or if they have time to buy and sell before the Y arrives)

The SC field is this ..

SC01: The car has unlimited free supercharging enabled and this is transferable to the next owner via a private sale. This can only occur on cars registered before April 2017 but not all cars will have it.

SC04: The car has supercharging enabled but you pay for each charge. Any referral miles will give you a credit towards the supercharging cost.

SC05: The car has unlimited free supercharging currently enabled but this is not transferable to the next owner and the car will revert to SC04 following a sale. This can be on any car but is most common on cars from April 2017 and still registered to the first owner.

SC06: The car has time bound unlimited free supercharging. It's unknown whether this transfers to the next owner in the event of a sale.

And there may be others.
Like I said, just for fun - changing it won't change your actual order.

Yes, that's the glimmer of hope making me check the app frequently. It would be interesting to know how many orders in front of us have intention of doing that (either having done it already or waiting it out to see if they have a model y arriving in this batch of deliveries or if they have time to buy and sell before the Y arrives)
I'll be excited if you post that you've received your VIN as I'm sure you will if I do too. What combo did you order?

Reactions: danwale
I’ve seen a few posts lately that refer to a 2 week shutdown of the M3 line from tomorrow (18/2).
Does anyone have any info on that timeline, as the only mention I have is a 25/6 post by Veda Prime on twitter (see below) when he quoTed a 3 week closure….
1658031571468.jpeg

And while you wait for your VIN and need something else to pass the time -

Grab the entire URL from "imageUrl:" and modify the model=m3 part and the size=1440 part and try changing the model type and image size. You can also move the steering wheel over to left if you want.

Now ... where is that VIN so I can stop playing around in the source code :)

Last edited:
Reactions: New Tech Bj
I got my VIN last night, and downloaded the "letter of Authority" for TMA to process rego.
Have completed the empty items on the form, and scanned it ---
Now, what do I do with it?? does anyone know?
Clearly needs to go back to Tesla, but information is not in the account page. Maybe I'm missing something with my starry eyes. 🤷‍♂️
I also got an email from a Tesla “brisbaneregistration” address asking for the amended document to be attached as a reply. Have held off as I’m getting personalised plates and so also need to return another updated form that hasn’t appeared in the portal yet

@Ormaus fyi

• Helpful
Reactions: rtvanda and Ormaus
Do we have a VIN recipient who can test the site?
Sure:
Code:
Detailed information for LRW3F7EK8NC6092xx
Model

Car identified as a Model 3
Individual character matches:

Top 10 matches for by year, model and variant on Char 5 : F which usually represents body type.

A = 5 Door LHD car, typically Model S
    B = 5 Door RHD car, typically Model S
    C = 5 Door LHD Large MPV, typically Model X
    D = 5 Door RHD Large MPV, typically Model X
    E = 4 Door LHD Sedan, typically Model 3
    F = 4 Door RHD Sedan, typically Model 3
    G = 5 Door LHD Small MPV, typically Model Y
    H = 5 Door RHD Small MPV, typically Model Y

2020 M3 Performance
2020 M3 Long Range AWD
2020 M3 Std Range Plus RWD
2019 M3 Long Range AWD
2019 M3 Std Range Plus RWD
2019 M3 Performance
2021 M3 Long Range AWD
2019 M3 Performance-
2021 M3 Std Range Plus RWD
2021 M3 Performance

Matches for by year, model and variant on Char 6 : 7 which usually represents the restraint system and reflects a combination of seatbelts and airbags.

1=2 Front, 3 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints, Knee Airbags (Front)
    3=2 Front, 3 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints, Knee Airbags (Front)
    4=2 Front, 3 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints, Knee Airbags (Front)
    5=2 Front, 2 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints
    6=2 Front, 3 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints
    7=2 Front, 3 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints & Active Hood
    8=2 Front, 2 Rear Seat Belts, Front Airbags, Side Inflatable Restraints & Active Hood
    A=2 Front, 3 Rear, 2 3rd Row Seat Belts, Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints, Knee Airbags (Front)
    B=2 Front, 2 Rear, 2 3rd Row Seat Belts, Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints
    C=2 Front, 2 Rear, 2 3rd Row Seat Belts, Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints
    D=Details to be confirmed

M3 Long Range AWD
MS 75D
M3 Performance
MS 100D
M3 Std Range Plus RWD
MS Long Range AWD
MS 90D
MS P100D
MS Performance
MS 85D
M3 Long Range RWD
MS 70D
MS 75
MS Std Range AWD
MS P85D

Matches for by year, model and variant on Char 7 : E which usually represents the battery type (but not usually battery size) and charger

E=typically Lithium Ion
    F=typically Lithium Iron aka LFP
    H=High Capacitry Lithium Ion
    S=Standard Capacity Lithium Ion
    V=Very High Standard Capacity Lithium Ion

M3 Long Range AWD
M3 Std Range Plus RWD
MS 75D
MS 100D
M3 Performance
MX 100D
MX 75D
MS 90D
MX Long Range AWD
MS P100D
M3 Long Range RWD
MS 75
MX 90D
MS Long Range AWD
MX Long Range+ AWD

Matches for by year, model and variant on Char 8 : K which usually represents the Motor/Drive combination and power rating.

1=Single motor
    2=Twin motor
    3=Single Performance motor
    4=Twin Performance motor
    5=Twin motor
    6=Tri motor
    A=Single motor
    B=Twin motor
    C=Base Motor, Tier 2 Battery
    D=single motor, std winding
    E=dual motor except M3, std winding
    F=performance, std winding
    G=Base Motor, Tier 4 Battery
    J=single motor, hairpin winding
    K=dual motor, hairpin winding
    L=performance, hairpin winding
    N=Base Motor, Tier 7 battery
    P=Performance Motor, Tier 7 battery
    S=3D7 Motor

MY Long Range AWD
M3 Long Range AWD

Year of manufacture/Model Year
Car was built after around Nov 2021 as a 2022 Model year

Country of manufacturer
Factory where the car was made was China Shanghai

Manufacturing Date of similar VINs
The following are matches based on the model, factory and the last 6 VIN characters
Requested vin LRW3F7EK8NC6092xx

LRW3E7FR8NC568321 M3 Std Range Plus RWD left factory on 06-May-2022 headed for Oslo Norway and currently for sale
LRW3E7FR2NC566340 M3 Std Range Plus RWD left factory on 28-Apr-2022 headed for Rome Italy and not currently for sale
LRW3E7FS8NC556883 M3 Std Range Plus RWD left factory on 03-May-2022 headed for 广州 China and currently for sale
LRW3E7FS9NC551790 M3 Std Range Plus RWD left factory on 24-Mar-2022 headed for 嘉兴 China and not currently for sale
LRW3E7FS7NC542912 M3 Std Range Plus RWD left factory on 11-Mar-2022 headed for 北京 China and not currently for sale

I am not sure what algorithm was used for "similar VINs" but it is interesting that they purport to know where they went.

Options decode for same car:
APBSBasic Autopilot features
DV4WDual Motor All-Wheel Drive
IPB1All Black Premium Interior
PMNGMidnight Silver
PRM31Premium Interior
SC04Pay per use Supercharging
MDL3Model 3
W41B19 Sport Wheels v2
MT328Long Range AWD
MT328 SpecM3 Long Range AWD 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 4.4 s
MT328 SpecM3 Long Range AWD 0-60 mph 4.2 s
MT328 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Battery BT43
MT328 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Range (WLTP) 602 km
MT328 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Range (WLTP) 374 mi
MT328 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Top speed 233 km/h
MT328 SpecM3 Long Range AWD Top speed 145 mph
CPF0Standard connectivity
DRRHRight hand drive

Last edited:
I also got an email from a Tesla “brisbaneregistration” address asking for the amended document to be attached as a reply. Have held off as I’m getting personalised plates and so also need to return another updated form that hasn’t appeared in the portal yet

@Ormaus fyi
Okay for rego it sounds like I wait for a bit.

Anyone with an invoice.... how did you get it? app, email, web page?

@rtvanda I saw this video also. Yes this would be fantastic, I imagine it would hit the vinyl wrap companies pretty hard if it were true, except for the people wishing to wrap their car in Matt colours. I’d imagine they may have this feature in about 80 years time 😉
BMW already has something that change colors. Just white and black for now. I feel it's not far away.

Last edited:
Reactions: MozMan and rtvanda
I got my VIN last night, and downloaded the "letter of Authority" for TMA to process rego.
Have completed the empty items on the form, and scanned it ---
Now, what do I do with it?? does anyone know?
Clearly needs to go back to Tesla, but information is not in the account page. Maybe I'm missing something with my starry eyes. 🤷‍♂️
Use adobe sign or docu sign for an e-signature for the rego papers.

• Informative
Reactions: rtvanda
Tesla app updated in past couple of hours. I accepted change to Tesla Vision. EDD now says August 24 - September 5. 🥳. Except I leave on a road trip on August 24. Wondering how early I can pick up the Tesla.

RWD white/white Chatswood Sydney. Ordered Jan 30.

View attachment 829354
You might get lucky, have seen a couple of posts I think on here of the EDD being brought in. Fingers crossed for you.

• Love
Reactions: BareFeetTom