Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a crazy theory, don't take my word as it is just a theory.

While the Model y VIN allocations were quiet (between July the 4th and until now), there haven't really been many Model 3 allocations either (the Perth allocation started around the 11th of July).

Do you guys think the upgrade for Model 3 line could have already been done at the same time as the Model Y?

By the end of the day, the only source of the report which says the upgrade of Model 3 is due on the 18th of July was VedaPrime, it is not even confirmed on the Chinese social media.

VedaPrime please do not hate me.

I got my VIN last night, and downloaded the "letter of Authority" for TMA to process rego.
Have completed the empty items on the form, and scanned it ---
Now, what do I do with it?? does anyone know?
Clearly needs to go back to Tesla, but information is not in the account page. Maybe I'm missing something with my starry eyes. 🤷‍♂️
I emailed my completed form back to my SA. But yeah a bit frustrating it appears on your account with no instructions.

Long time lurker here. With all these RWD VINS I thought I’d post my order.
OD: 05/02
EDD: August - November
M3RWD White/White Sydney
1658036704878.gif

While the Model y VIN allocations were quiet (between July the 4th and until now), there haven't really been many Model 3 allocations either (the Perth allocation started around the 11th of July).
Sorry but have you had your head in the sand? There have been a plethora of reported LR, P and RWD builds since last weekend and it is continuing this weekend as we speak. VINs started at 589xxx and are currently at 610xxx. Tesla have cleared their M3 backlog from last December up until Feb this year in the past 10 or so days. It is estimated there will be three ships with the first almost at our shores.

Sorry but have you had your head in the sand? There have been a plethora of reported LR, P and RWD builds since last weekend and it is continuing this weekend as we speak. VINs started at 589xxx and are currently at 610xxx. Tesla have cleared their M3 backlog from last December up until Feb this year in the past 10 or so days. It is estimated there will be three ships with the first almost at our shores.
Most (99%) of the Perth order happened on/after the 11th of July.

As I have pointed out that this is just a crazy theory, probably one of the many crazy theories. The upgrade to the M3 line is to boost from 5500 to 7000 units per week therefore not talking about crazy amounts, there might be a possibility that the upgrade was completed between 1th of July to the 10th of July.

It is okay to express your own opinion but the way you said I had my head in the sand is really not Okay. It's not cool mate!

Reactions: Missimpatient

Do you guys think the upgrade for Model 3 line could have already been done at the same time as the Model Y?
No, that Wu Wa video of the Luchao carpark full of Teslas bound for Europe means something was being made.