Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You also get to save the GST on the vehicle, but the novated lease companies often have inflated in-house finance deals. You can normally find companies that will do a bare novated lease (forget the correct term) where you can find your own finance and insurance, extras, etc... It really pays to do your homework here.

But if you get a quote, the FBT liability should simply be whatever they quote you for the after-tax contribution. That is essentially what you will save with the new proposed rules.
Unless like me you're employed by a Government Dept. that locks you into using one of those lease providers that charge a $1400 brokerage fee to literally not broker any finance and just lock you into a below average rate. I still think you'll end up ahead with FBT exemption though but always DYOR.

If you are able to use a DIY Novated Lease company where they allow you to choose all of your own insurance, finance, etc and they just charge you a fee to manage the accounting side of it then that is going to save you the most money!

If you are trading a car and been driving it around for 6 months they may want a new odometer reading before an invoice is issued.
I am trading in and have final invoice, nothing asked about odometer reading at this point.. the invoice has a km value on it, which is neither the one supplied at the start, nor the max ristance vale they gave me to drive and keep $$ for the trade in.. not sure what the go will be when I drop it off, bu5 Indon't think are much over what they wanted us to be.

Not like they'll lose on trade in at the moment anyway...

Reactions: Ib38
All of your payments for the vehicle come out pretax.. it's almost a no brainer. Just make sure your accountant explains the reportable exempt FBT for tax to you :)
I have been of the understanding that an exempt benefit is not reportable as a fringe benefit. The only example I am familiar with personally is when working for a rebatable organisation (usually a charity or health service) there is FBT exemption and that isn't reportable. Obviously we'll see what the legislation looks like when passed but do you have any further insights into this?

All of your payments for the vehicle come out pretax.. it's almost a no brainer. Just make sure your accountant explains the reportable exempt FBT for tax to you :)
Updated with Stat Dec (standard as of today) and without FBT below (proposed legislation). Alliance leasing. PM me for Alliance GMs direct contact details. No affiliation but they are super responsive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220720-074153_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220720-074153_OneDrive.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20220720-074219_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220720-074219_OneDrive.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: DrewBytes and cafz
Realised I'm picking my car up from Brisbane anyway so probably need to update my location to Brisbane. Should I do that in the original spreadsheet or can you do it in your awesome Australian version?
The tracker is self managed - see the link (not clickable unfortunately) in my signature.

If you want me to update your location Brisbane in my own spreadsheet I'm happy to do that. I leave mine as Sunshine Coast even though I'm picking up from Brisbane. Up to you.

Give me a thumbs up to this post if you want it changed.

It was a power upgrade only to the entire factory. No power t entire site including offices Jul 1-3.

In each of the shutdowns so far, the lines came back up earlier than planned.
Veda you have it all. Thank you for coming in an explaining. Hopefully they come back quicker for 3's. Do you know if cars produced on the 17th were AUS bound? I havent seen any assigned with that date? Cheers.