Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See my post above. Australian Model 3 Waiting Room

There is a phone number on there if you zoom in on the image. I'm sure that could help you correct your rego details without needing to wait for an email from them.
I haven't got that particular email yet. I've had a few SMS from them and told them about the problem, but I'll probably phone to get it sorted.

Where are you on the Sunshine Coast? I'm up in the hinterland area near Montville.

Reactions: New Tech Bj
I have contacted tesla delivery advisor and trde-in advisor regarding registration document highlighted.
If you finished registration document just after your order made before, you can ignore it as they have all of your information. If not, delivery advisor will contact you.
The document is for showing your car’s vin and engine number detail.
According to them- for the actual delivery, an sms will be sent with 3 days of pickup window. Stay back and hang in there!
I think our document might be different in QLD. There's definitely some information there that I must fill out, not Tesla.

Viking Passama is on its way now?
The last update 2 hours ago had it still moored.
But it was at 100% Draft, so its fully loaded and ready to depart at any moment.

By the time the tracking updates, it may have already left.

I haven't got that particular email yet. I've had a few SMS from them and told them about the problem, but I'll probably phone to get it sorted.

Where are you on the Sunshine Coast? I'm up in the hinterland area near Montville.
Was up near Nambour initially (close to kids school) but now in Mountain Creek (closer to beach - and Tesla shipping waiting for Brisbane ports - Meh Kids can catch the bus!)

Brisbane 3rd of August
Port Kembla 8th of August

See the schedule here:

She's on the move... anyone fancy a trip down to the port of Brisbane at 2am on the 2nd of August to wave hello (and then goodbye) to our cars?
1658404498095.png

Isn't that 2am UTC, so midday AEST?
Good question! Drawing on my significant (5'ish days) shipping and logistics experience, I noted that all the other times have 'UTC' after them, with the exception of the Brisbane ETA.

I'm going to look like a bit of a wally sitting at the port at 2am, being 10hrs early for a boat that may or may not have my car on it.

For everyone whose delivery window is aug 28 to Sep.5 will our cars be on the Viking Passama?
Or are there other ships also coming to Australia.
Morning Crystal is due to arrive in Shanghai on the 23/07 and then be in Port Kembla by 13/08, so that could also be a potential candidate, but it feels like a tight timeframe to get in, unloaded, customs, etc and then trucked up to Brisbane (in my case).

i think it is between Clara and Passama for the perth deliveries, Crystal would be the last for Q3 surely.....
There was talk on Whirlpool that as Tesla have publicly said they are planning to sell 20,000 cars between now and end of the year, they will need more shipments.

The assumption was that they did x3 shipments in Q1 just for Model 3. Now Model Y is also on sale, shipments may double.

See the post here (it’s all assumptions, but I can see the logic behind it)

Reactions: Broony
There was talk on Whirlpool that as Tesla have publicly said they are planning to sell 20,000 cars between now and end of the year, they will need more shipments.

The assumption was that they did x3 shipments in Q1 just for Model 3. Now Model Y is also on sale, shipments may double.

See the post here (it’s all assumptions, but I can see the logic behind it)

The quote comes from Robyn Denholm, Chair of the Tesla Motors Board, who also happens to be Australian.
She was speaking at the recent Australian Clean Energy Summit in Sydney.

For everyone whose delivery window is aug 28 to Sep.5 will our cars be on the Viking Passama?
Or are there other ships also coming to Australia.
My theory is that the pre-July builds are on Clara with a bunch of Ys, hence their EDDs changing to be much earlier. For post July builds, many will be on Passama and maybe some on Crystal and Anthony.

But not so hot on the latter two due to them a) having arrival dates after the 5th and b) stopping in Tianjin and Masan respectively.

Hopefully a bunch of Vins are allocated for Crystal and Anthony over the coming weekend.

Last edited: