Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the topic of charging and such, people need to understand that the UMC is more than enough for your charging need if you commute around 60-70kms a day. Most people get home by 6 latest 7pm and leave by 5.30-6am worst case scenario if you charge at 7pm and unplug at 5.30am you charged the car for approximately 10hours at 10km/h thats 100kms of range.
The issue is people will say oh my off peak charges doesnt kick in till 10pm or 11pm .in this case dont be a tight ass to save those extra cents between peak to off peak . Remember u were coming for ice car that cost u 2.20c/L .and the full charge for a rwd from 0% to 100%at 0.35c/kwh on 60kwh will be $21 that gives u 380km of real world range
Compared to a car that has a fuel tank of 50lx 2.20=$110. So you see the savings in here. So no need to upgrade ur house to 3 phase or such. If u need more charging speed get a 32a single phase socket installed and u will get about 30 to 40 km/h which is capable of charging ur battery to 100% every night. Dont over think it.
People will make decisions based on their own circumstances and therefore expected/actual/perceived value.

You do you.

As long as the range is the same I really don't care. On the Tesla website for Australia the standard range still has the same stats as before. I really don't want to look for things that may take away the joy of waiting for and receiving of the car. 👍
Agreed also.
My intention was more a technical curiosity to understand what motor Tesla is shipping with our cars.

Reactions: Braz
On the topic of charging and such, people need to understand that the UMC is more than enough for your charging need if you commute around 60-70kms a day. Most people get home by 6 latest 7pm and leave by 5.30-6am worst case scenario if you charge at 7pm and unplug at 5.30am you charged the car for approximately 10hours at 10km/h thats 100kms of range.
The issue is people will say oh my off peak charges doesnt kick in till 10pm or 11pm .
UMC isn't waterproof, so can't really bolt it to the side of the house where I'll be charging. And I cbf unplugging and putting it away on a daily basis.
Most of the cost of installing the wall connector is the switchboard and cable runs which would needed to install something to plug the UMC into anyway, so the extra $800 for the wall connector is irrelevant, and with the power company giving free hour of power (or 3 hours with another company) my normal commute charging will be totally free.

Reactions: Braz and Blaq
Just spoke to an SA.
After telling me for months that I'm going to get a VIN in July for a Q3 delivery she has just told me if you fell short of being matched with a VIN in the last few weeks then you're in for a Q4 delivery.... "Sorry for any inconvenience"
Probably only for WA (and SA?) customers; there is plenty of time (and potential ships) for shipping to East coast destinations.

Just spoke to an SA.
After telling me for months that I'm going to get a VIN in July for a Q3 delivery she has just told me if you fell short of being matched with a VIN in the last few weeks then you're in for a Q4 delivery.... "Sorry for any inconvenience
My friends have called up their SA's and said they are not sure, still possible for a Q3 delivery as they know they have a ship arrive for sure in or arounf September (this is Brisbane). I honestly think the SA's dont know like everyone else. You can call up one day and they say one thing and another day and say another thing. There is plenty of the time after resuming from shutdown to get cars built for AUS and on ships. VEDA has said they are on track, and they have generally been finishing earlier then expected. The whole point of this is to increase production. Provided we are given a day or two early after production resumes, there is a good chance. Lets just hope they can at least complete Q1 orders, or get RWD up to LR orders by Q3. If not that sucks, especially cause my finance laps in Nov, but we will get behind the wheel soon enough.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
01ACB4A1-3269-411A-BA16-D80A8BE4142F.jpeg
C1B9B735-F403-444D-83CE-0C20FECC4B1D.jpeg

Something is missing 🤔