Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can anyone pls tell me when is the latest order day for the people who got VIN already? Waiting for my AWD in Brisbane

Information from the spreadsheet:
  • Latest order date for VIN assigned orders LR AWD trim: 16-Mar-22
  • Latest order date for VIN assigned orders RWD trim: 11-Mar-22 (though this may be an anomaly, because no other RWD’s have VINs assigned after 1-Feb-21)

Reactions: scoturner and Ib38
And that's mostly down to the C rate - the bigger the battery, the faster you can pump in charge
The LFP packs charge comparatively fast right up till the very end, where the LR or P is drawing <10kW the RWD pack is still pulling 40kW above 90%. If you use a 50kW charger you won't see the RWDs LFP pack start tapering until above 90%.

I can only guess Viking Passama. Left China on 21 Jul, due Brisbane 2 Aug, Port Kembla around 8 Aug.
Morning Clara left before the reported build date of my car.
Morning Crystal left today so it would be too late for the reported EDD window, but I guess it is also possible.
I have a Model Y coming built on the same day with the same EDD window. My best guess is Viking Passama too.

Clara on the move again. Draught decreased by 10 whole centimetres, so they can't have offloaded much at Brisbane. They spent what... 4 days hanging off the coast and burning fuel, only to offload a few forklifts in Brisbane, before heading back out to sea again.

I don't understand logistics!!

1658965731566.png

Heard some gossip today that Tesla are modifying their delivery processes and will be offloading cars from ships at both Port Kembla and Port Melbourne. Port Kembla will service east coastSydney / Brisbane / Canberra etc and Melbourne is the drop off point to Adelaide / Perth (Perth are loaded onto another ship). Can anyone confirm/deny this? Prevously all were only offloaded at Port Kembla.

Can anyone confirm/deny this?
I call BS

The same people probably said they would offload in Brisbane as well. None of which was ever confirmed yet spread and was been parroted back all over facebook
Everyone was speculating based on people's EDD's

I have an EDD of 1st-15th in VIC. The boat is on the water at the beginning of my EDD, granted the EDD system is probably entirely automated until the dates are much closer.
Prevously all were only offloaded at Port Kembla.
All signs to that continuing to happen

Reactions: Maximillan and Blaq