Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on yesterday from the social media? You’re the only one keeping me sane with all these Model Y deliveries taking up all the chat!

Haha! Social media updates (purely ***hearsay and speculation***) do not happen on daily basis.

But we are so close to the 8th of August anyway! I cannot wait to meet my VIN.

Everyone's busy reporting Model Y deliveries right now.

After finding out from this thread that the wall connector has an api that provides data, I now find myself with the overwhelming urge to build a azure cloud connected service to track the data on a regular basis, then output the data to some charts so I can visualise and tally up power usage.
Let me know how you get on with your Azure project. Your data tracking idea sounds interesting.
I was thinking on a smaller scale and just something local that would provide a GUI with the numbers from /vitals (and maybe other stuff from the other APIs).

Reactions: mpowney
I think I looked at it a while back. The cost seemed excessive, especially when I could spend hours building something similar for myself 🤣

Browsing around, home-assistant.io seems more up my alley. It has ready-made Tesla integrations with the wall connector and powerwall. I won't be interested in data from the car until I actually get delivery of my M3
I'm already running Home Assistant and it's great! I haven't tried the Tesla integrations yet as I don't yet have anything for them to do, but the other integrations are very useful. A simple yet effective automation I have is turning on the electric blanket a few hours before bed time, if it's cold enough in the bedroom, which keeps the better 3/4 happy!

Reactions: mpowney and Redrum
They said definitely do not tint entire window but half (as I wanted and done previously) "could" be less risky.. they said they won't be liable. Dunno if its all conspiracy theory or what!!?? Reputable tinting company, great work on my previous M3 .... hmmm ?
i was recommended not to tint the roof as it's a waste of money and you'd also want some sun to come through during winter months. The glass is already tinted to the equivalent of the darkest legal tint.

is the reason for privacy, UV or heat? Maybe better off getting a sunshade instead for those really hot days

Reactions: Maximillan and Braz
i was recommended not to tint the roof as it's a waste of money and you'd also want some sun to come through during winter months. The glass is already tinted to the equivalent of the darkest legal tint.

is the reason for privacy, UV or heat? Maybe better off getting a sunshade instead for those really hot days
Im in the detailing/tinting industry, its not recommended to tint the roof as the glass heat up so quickly and cool even quicker, being in australia and the weather is so harsh. The last thing u need is tint to trap the heat in the glass, by doing so and rapid change of temperature from the heat and ur cold aircon during summer and vice versa during winter the glass will weaken over time and will crack.
Hope that helps.
And regarding the rear window u can tint it half way, you stop the tint where the factory tint start.

I just received these: TESLA MODEL 3 Car Floor Mats 3D XPE Textured look - Front and Rear Set 2017-2022

They look good, though I don't have a car to put them in yet. If you want to get them, you can use this link to get 10% off your first order (I get $5 somehow from this, too)
Today I received the Model Y versions of this mat from Braumach, I'm impressed with the quality and they're close to unbeatable for the price.

Moderators Note: The referral link has been removed from this post as they are not allowed on TMC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mal Cartwright
My tint company warned me that tinting half rear glass could cause heat stress crack even though they did my 2019 M3. They claim glass has changed in 2021....?
I'd also recommend deciding whether the half tint looks works for you. I'm happy with the full rear window tint and wouldn't consider half.

Images and further discussion here: Tinting Rear Window -- Half or Full?

Yeah tint back window makes it blend with side and roof... dark all the way around

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
Yeah tint back window makes it blend with side and roof... dark all the way around
gotcha... for the looks. I've got tint on all my windows and it doesn't look jarring to me having the rear bottom-half window as near-naked glass but each to their own. I'm more concerned about how small that area looks in the rear-view mirror so would want the maximum visibility out of it

I think I looked at it a while back. The cost seemed excessive, especially when I could spend hours building something similar for myself 🤣

Browsing around, home-assistant.io seems more up my alley. It has ready-made Tesla integrations with the wall connector and powerwall. I won't be interested in data from the car until I actually get delivery of my M3
And then Teslamate.

I'm already running Home Assistant and it's great! I haven't tried the Tesla integrations yet as I don't yet have anything for them to do, but the other integrations are very useful. A simple yet effective automation I have is turning on the electric blanket a few hours before bed time, if it's cold enough in the bedroom, which keeps the better 3/4 happy!
Our whole life is dependent on Home Assistant. Don't be like me.

Had this message on my account but no change to EDD 24/8-2/9
"Additional payment required. Pay remaining balance now to avoid delays in delivery"

Sounds a bit threatening, especially since I can't get to a bank until next Monday. Anyone else had this message? Any consequences?
Chill. Payment required 48 hours before pickup. Just went through the panic.