Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same!

The last 2 ships I've watched have had to anchor off the Sunshine Coast for 3-4 days before heading into port to unload a few cars (in both cases the draught only decreased by a very minor fraction) and then head down to Sydney.

Someone is unloading vehicles in Brisbane direct from China, so we can obviously handle the customs / import stuff locally. Surely Tesla would save money by doing the same thing locally. It would also surely decrease shipping costs (since they don't have to carry the additional weight down to Sydney and then truck it all back to Brisbane) and speed up delivery times.

Perhaps as the sales numbers increase, we'll see them do the same thing they're now apparently doing in Port of Melbourne (i.e. offloading cars closer to the delivery destinations)

Same - ours is going to Sydney to be trucked to Brisbane and then Cairns adds on at least another 5-6 weeks
Agree.
I was not aware that the delay was extended by that much time.
I know Townsville port can accommodate many of the RORO ships and i have seen evidence on ship tracker that they do. Its a pity that our NQ cars [and even Darwin cars!!!] are not unloaded at TSV.
I guess that the numbers are too low to justify the costs??

Reactions: Lucinda101
Agree.
I was not aware that the delay was extended by that much time.
I know Townsville port can accommodate many of the RORO ships and i have seen evidence on ship tracker that they do. Its a pity that our NQ cars [and even Darwin cars!!!] are not unloaded at TSV.
I guess that the numbers are too low to justify the costs??
+1 for a Townsville unload

Just because other cars can have similar issues doesn't invalidate Tesla's problems though. The auto wipers and auto headlights are known to be terrible, and it especially doesn't bode well when Vision based AP demands them:
I believe that Tesla - like any other car manufacturer will have some bugs and issues, and I’m only speaking for myself here, but I hang out in this forum as I’m pretty excited about getting a Tesla and it makes me happy when I see others who are just about to receive their cars, and makes the long wait a little easier as I know that (hopefully) one day soon, I will be one of the lucky ones to get a VIN, and know that the wait will soon be over. But if people come in here and start bagging Teslas, it takes the fun out of being in this forum. It’s a very long and extremely hard wait without people sucking the fun and excitement right out of it.

So, you gave me another website to obssesively start checking. Nothing was showing up earlier today (as late as 5pm), but I've just checked it again and the car is now on there. So something happened today!

I therefore assume that my earlier assumption about it being on the Viking Passama was correct, and that now they've been offloaded and processed. Hopefully someone can put it on a truck and start driving north!!!
Our cars have the same order location and date, same build date, both LR. It would be reasonable to guess they'd be on the same ship but mine has still not shown in the RAV. Maybe they are still clearing the Viking Passama load of vehicles out of the port, or Tesla is slow to lodge them with RAV. Morning Crystal just a few hours out it perhaps my car made this ship. If that is the case, then it does show the external unpredictability of the manufacture and shipping processes.

I am getting some seriously good communication from Tesla this week. Just got a reply letting me know that my invoice will be uploaded in the next 24-48 hours. I am going with this new flow of information coming out of a six month vacuum.

Have to agree with the sentiment that *sugar*-posting Tesla cars on this forum is an unwanted distraction. I've owned a lot of different makes and models and none have been perfect.

I believe that Tesla - like any other car manufacturer will have some bugs and issues, and I’m only speaking for myself here, but I hang out in this forum as I’m pretty excited about getting a Tesla and it makes me happy when I see others who are just about to receive their cars, and makes the long wait a little easier as I know that (hopefully) one day soon, I will be one of the lucky ones to get a VIN, and know that the wait will soon be over. But if people come in here and start bagging Teslas, it takes the fun out of being in this forum. It’s a very long and extremely hard wait without people sucking the fun and excitement right out of it.
I also assume most of these issues will sorted out with updates?

I am getting some seriously good communication from Tesla this week. Just got a reply letting me know that my invoice will be uploaded in the next 24-48 hours. I am going with this new flow of information coming out of a six month vacuum.

Have to agree with the sentiment that *sugar*-posting Tesla cars on this forum is an unwanted distraction. I've owned a lot of different makes and models and none have been perfect.
Awesome. I would love to know the build date per the invoice

I couldn't agree more. I'm a early December order for a LR in Melbourne. Couldn't have been more frustrated with the lack of any communication from Tesla at all. I know others got calls from their SA, but I did not receive any or any answers from my multiple emails.

I lost all interest in the car until I got the vin. Now getting frustrated again waiting for delivery day to be booked in whilst as you said Model Y orders are being fulfilled in under 2 months.
December? Mate, that totally sucks. I'm an early Feb order and I wake up every day raging at the unfairness/chaos of their allocations, but December is a really, really long time to wait. Just remember, when you eventually get it you hopefully will forget all about the wait! It's a pretty incredible vehicle you have ordered.

Having said that, I'd take an electric Hyundai or Kia in a heartbeat over the Tesla at this point, if it could get here earlier. Definitely lost my love for Tesla in the last few months.

If my car’s EDD is Aug 22-31 & the VIN pops up in the Australian registered vehicles search, would that mean that my car is likely to be in Port Kembla now being processed, etc? Also, any ideas how long it usually takes to get trucked to Gold Coast for delivery?