Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone heard of any LR deliveries happening in Melbourne yet or at least anyone being sent schedule SMS. Still nothing here with a mid December order.
No sms yet for a Brisbane/PK December order either. Some qld people with a build date 5 days later than mine have already received their DD. Wondering if the cars are loaded/unloaded and processed "first in, last out" ? 🤔

Thank you! It's actually going to be my first. Thought I'd put myself in the long queue before the test drive. I won't be changing my mind unless there is something major that puts me off. In saying that though based on the amount of orders and people here that have been waiting for theirs I doubt that is going to be the case.

I wholeheartedly agree, since placing my order and realising that I'll eventually own a Tesla each time I fill up now I'm reminded that petrol stations will be a thing of the past for me.

Haha! Yeah, might as well snipe a few each month to save doing a big spending spree of a bunch at once.

Also, congratulations to those who've been receiving their VINs. A petrol free driving experience is soon waiting you. I'm hoping the backlog will start to clear up so orders from April onwards can start to be fulfilled.
Wow your first drive! You’re in for a big surprise. When I test drove a Tesla I went home and ordered mine, and at that stage I was only toying with the idea of owning an electric car, but it completely sold me. Some people complain that there aren’t enough buttons and gadgets, but I love that it’s different and clean looking. It has voice command so you don’t have to go through lots of screens to get to what you want. The other amazing thing is taking your car in for a regular service will be a thing of the past, I just picked up my car from the mechanics yesterday and it cost me $2,300.00 :oops:, but it had some issues, so not just a standard service, but you will save on service costs too. Of course there are some drawbacks but the positives outweigh those imo. Please let us know when you come back from your test drive how you felt about driving a Model 3 (assuming it’s not a Y you are testing).

Wow your first drive! You’re in for a big surprise. When I test drove a Tesla I went home and ordered mine, and at that stage I was only toying with the idea of owning an electric car, but it completely sold me. Some people complain that there aren’t enough buttons and gadgets, but I love that it’s different and clean looking. It has voice command so you don’t have to go through lots of screens to get to what you want. The other amazing thing is taking your car in for a regular service will be a thing of the past, I just picked up my car from the mechanics yesterday and it cost me $2,300.00 :oops:, but it had some issues, so not just a standard service, but you will save on service costs too. Of course there are some drawbacks but the positives outweigh those imo. Please let us know when you come back from your test drive how you felt about driving a Model 3 (assuming it’s not a Y you are testing).
I had a similar bill for my ICE car and had a quiet smirk to myself that those bills should be a thing of the past soon - not to mention smiling as I drive past petrol stations 😊

App updated with estimated delivery overnight. So full details just incase it helps:

Order: 01 March
Vehicle: M3 LR
Vin through chrome extension: 12 Aug
Invoice: None yet
Estimated delivery: 20Sep-30Sep

Anybody here with the same delivery estimate? I’m surprised the car is still 5-7 week away from delivery with all these ships.
Yes I’m the same dates as you but Sydney delivery

Wow your first drive! You’re in for a big surprise. When I test drove a Tesla I went home and ordered mine, and at that stage I was only toying with the idea of owning an electric car, but it completely sold me.
Yea! I had a customer once who owned both a model S (older gen) and X. I was able to jump in the S and was very impressed by the interior compared to a standard ICE car.

I didn't think I would be looking to own a Tesla this quick but the time is right. The test drive is going to scratch that itch which I've not been able to do as yet however it is also going to no doubt leave me longing for my EDD to be closer than 6-9 months away! Haha 😂.

Some people complain that there aren’t enough buttons and gadgets, but I love that it’s different and clean looking. It has voice command so you don’t have to go through lots of screens to get to what you want.
I'm work in the technology space, so for me the lack of buttons and everything being controller via a touchscreen, pleases me greatly. I know that is also as you've raised a downside for some but I welcome the cleaner aesthetic.

The other amazing thing is taking your car in for a regular service will be a thing of the past, I just picked up my car from the mechanics yesterday and it cost me $2,300.00 :oops:, but it had some issues, so not just a standard service, but you will save on service costs too.
100% and yeah you had an expensive trip to the mechanic! I will enjoy not having to worry about logbook servicing which was a pain point when purchasing the Mazda I have now.

Of course there are some drawbacks but the positives outweigh those imo.
💯

Please let us know when you come back from your test drive how you felt about driving a Model 3 (assuming it’s not a Y you are testing).
Sure will. It's a Model 3. I was going to update my signature with my build but realised I haven't unlocked that right on the forum yet. I've added my information to the spreadsheet that was linked a few pages ago.

Yeah 19 days until mine :/ I dont know if it will make it to me
If you're worried, how do you think I feel?

I'm just very much in the barganing stage of Tesla grief and convincing myself that they have to do a big push, greater than normal to clear out all of Q1 orders. Veda thinks thousands are still to come in Q3 so I'm hoping that I'm one of them!

These vins are prgressing days too slowly for me to be confident though. For me to feel like I'm in this batch, I'd want to be seeing 20-30th of Feb orders getting VINs by the end of today or tomorrow.

When this VIN storm quites, I'll move into acceptance stage of Tesla grief that mine will come in Q4.

I'm hoping to be surprised though :)

Got my VIN! The day after I said to someone I had mentally given up.

Order date 4/2/22 in Brisbane.

Is there a handy guide anywhere of what happens next someone can link to?
Your next major milestone is the SMS from Tesla asking you to book in your delivery date. This may help you what to expect from here: What to expect taking delivery of your Model 3

I should have included in this write up that once you have your VIN:
  1. Ignore your EDD from now on, it will fluctuate wildly and make no difference to your actual delivery date.
  2. Don't stress about when you will get your invoice. The customer service has been meh up until this point, however you can bank on the fact that the Tesla communications will be very good from here onwards regarding them getting their $. I got my VIN 1st August, still no invoice. :cool:

Your next major milestone is the SMS from Tesla asking you to book in your delivery date. This may help you what to expect from here: What to expect taking delivery of your Model 3

I should have included in this write up that once you have your VIN:
  1. Ignore your EDD from now on, it will fluctuate wildly and make no difference to your actual delivery date.
  2. Don't stress about when you will get your invoice. The customer service has been meh up until this point, however you can bank on the fact that the Tesla communications will be very good from here onwards regarding them getting their $. I got my VIN 1st August, still no invoice. :cool:
Super helpful! Thanks!

One thing I'm a bit confused on is that I've already got a new feature in my Tesla account - showing payment details, and I can arrange payment with all the details there for me to use. I've emailed my Macquarie rep (paying half cash, half financed) and will wait his reply. But the process through Tesla seems sort of vague - I don't have the invoice but I do have the payment details? And I have the registration form already? I would have thought they might have stepped this out clearer.