Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Impressive. But yet i dont trust it. Has potential for complacency and risk. In fact, didn't order it. I'd prefer the drive myself.
Yes I agree some people like that wank*r “serial Autopilot abuser” Param Sharma is not helping matters. I’ve watched a lot of videos and it’s improving in leaps and bounds but still has a way to go. Of course it’s fun driving yourself , and can’t wait to drive mine 🙂

Reactions: New Tech Bj
Yes I agree some people like that wank*r “serial Autopilot abuser” Param Sharma is not helping matters. I’ve watched a lot of videos and it’s improving in leaps and bounds but still has a way to go. Of course it’s fun driving yourself , and can’t wait to drive mine 🙂
Hello
I am really new to this. I’m hoping someone can shed some light on some questions. My order date for a long range 3 was 14/3/22. How long do you think I still have to wait? How do I actually post a question without replying to someone else’s message?

Hello
I am really new to this. I’m hoping someone can shed some light on some questions. My order date for a long range 3 was 14/3/22. How long do you think I still have to wait? How do I actually post a question without replying to someone else’s message?
Hi @Cath64,
Welcome to the forum.
Its very likely that your Long Rang Model 3 is on one of the 5 ships that have arrived in Australia recently, so your wait is likely nearly over. Some indication that your car is arriving is a request in your Tesla app to accept the change to “Vision only” Autopilot, a Vehicle Identification Number appearing in your Tesla account and later an invoice for final payment.
This thread has more information on how to identify a hidden VIN as well.
To post a message, go to the bottom of the relevant page and you will see the reply box Similar to below.
A8972C67-9C00-4671-87E3-B11C743E28C4.jpeg

Hello
Welcome @Cath64. Do you have a VIN yet?

When you want to post something without replying just go to the last post on a page and you should see your profile and next to that a spot to enter your question.

There are 6 possibly 7 Tesla shipments coming over this quarter, some of them containing LR orders from 2021. I think you're overthinking it.
There's also an argument that they would deliver the LR and P models first because they get more cash from the premium models and so helps to look better from a revenue perspective for the quarter.

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part!

Hi @Cath64,
Welcome to the forum.
Its very likely that your Long Rang Model 3 is on one of the 5 ships that have arrived in Australia recently, so your wait is likely nearly over. Some indication that your car is arriving is a request in your Tesla app to accept the change to “Vision only” Autopilot, a Vehicle Identification Number appearing in your Tesla account and later an invoice for final payment.
This thread has more information on how to identify a hidden VIN as well.
To post a message, go to the bottom of the relevant page and you will see the reply box Similar to below.
View attachment 840798
Thank you. Fingers crossed it’s on its way. I’ll check my app now.

Absolutely, most of the people in this thread are likely potential BETAs; testers, just it isn't worth it for the asking price. Maybe EAP possibly. I'd pony up just for the lane change feature If they'd do a standalone.
From Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability :

Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability Features

Autopilot is a suite of driver assistance features that comes standard with the purchase of a new car or can be purchased after delivery, and brings new functionality to your Tesla that makes driving safer and less stressful. Available packages include:

Autopilot

Autopilot includes the following functionality and features:

• Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your car to that of the surrounding traffic
  • Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control

Enhanced Autopilot

In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot also includes:

• Navigate on Autopilot: Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit.
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged.
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch.
  • Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key.
  • Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.

Full Self-Driving Capability

In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability also includes:

• Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
  • Upcoming:
  • Autosteer on city streets
The currently enabled Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. Full autonomy will be dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As Tesla’s Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capabilities evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates.

With a note that the videos they have on it say Auto Pilot is for on ramp to off ramp.

Hello
You’ve ordered exactly a month after me. If everything goes to planned you might get yours a month after i get mine. But once you get a edd range ie 17-31 aug, Thats when you’ll get super excited, vin may get to you early next month

There's also an argument that they would deliver the LR and P models first because they get more cash from the premium models and so helps to look better from a revenue perspective for the quarter.

Maybe just wishful thinking on my part!
You need to take into consideration that Tesla massively under-delivered LR & P cars in Q1, next to none in Q2, and so the VINs we are seeing now are just an attempt to catch up on backlog. Go back to say page 40 or 50 of this thread and have look at the number of people on here in Feb-March who missed out on LR and P orders.

Reactions: Polarxp and penn_
From Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability :

Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability Features

Autopilot is a suite of driver assistance features that comes standard with the purchase of a new car or can be purchased after delivery, and brings new functionality to your Tesla that makes driving safer and less stressful. Available packages include:

Autopilot

Autopilot includes the following functionality and features:

• Traffic-Aware Cruise Control: Matches the speed of your car to that of the surrounding traffic
  • Autosteer: Assists in steering within a clearly marked lane, and uses traffic-aware cruise control

Enhanced Autopilot

In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot also includes:

• Navigate on Autopilot: Actively guides your car from a highway’s on-ramp to off-ramp, including suggesting lane changes, navigating interchanges, automatically engaging the turn signal and taking the correct exit.
  • Auto Lane Change: Assists in moving to an adjacent lane on the highway when Autosteer is engaged.
  • Autopark: Helps automatically parallel or perpendicular park your car, with a single touch.
  • Summon: Moves your car in and out of a tight space using the mobile app or key.
  • Smart Summon: Your car will navigate more complex environments and parking spaces, maneuvering around objects as necessary to come find you in a parking lot.

Full Self-Driving Capability

In addition to the functionality and features of Autopilot and Enhanced Autopilot, Full Self-Driving Capability also includes:

• Traffic and Stop Sign Control (Beta): Identifies stop signs and traffic lights and automatically slows your car to a stop on approach, with your active supervision
  • Upcoming:
  • Autosteer on city streets
The currently enabled Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous. Full autonomy will be dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience, as well as regulatory approval, which may take longer in some jurisdictions. As Tesla’s Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capabilities evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates.

With a note that the videos they have on it say Auto Pilot is for on ramp to off ramp.
Thanks for this but what was this for? I already know what they are, I wasn't asking for the definition

Yeah OK i get that but how far down the processing do they go till they find a customer cant get finance and will reassign a car
Impossible to tell. It happens somewhere between upon VIN assignment the customer cancelling the order until around the week before delivery where Tesla will call you wanting to know when you're going to make final payment. It's that last call that forces the issue.

Maybe we can take it in turns. You first in Sydney and then me down here in Melbourne. We might even join kitty up with QFFF and fly him/her around the country. Sort of a Grand Kitty Kat Australian Tour (we could even do merch like t-shirts).

@Zigman This is a FANTASTIC idea! Why didn't @Roat and I think of this...?

I'd find myself homeless if I lent out a kitty.

...ohh that's bad news. Right lads, lassies our Ormaus needs kitty a lot more than we do, looks like.

You can sleep in your nice knew Tesla. I think the people have spoken: pony up the kitty.

😂 Alas, new information has come to light @Mal Cartwright. Ormaus is way too important to this thread/forum to risk being homeless! We need to call a truce right away.

Kitty #2 doesnt approve

View attachment 840781

He's out of the cone of shame now.

Awww...there's a good kitty, hope he's all happy and well now. 🥰

Right everyone! This story arc is over - it's back to monitoring the VIN barometer for incoming VIN storms, ship tracking, drone fly-over watching @Silver Xu domestic China delivery watching, accessory & wall charger watching, @dogstarlady's and @RobM3MY blue nails watching, @Magnatron, @Blaq and @Dann123 drag watching (you guys make sure you send @*Sparkles* them photos), who's the best insurance/finance watching and of course...multi-coloured forklift watching. Actually, where the heck is @Hoopyfrood should we put up an amber alert for him? He went MIA monitoring forklifts - or is he actually already organising mad-max style forklift derby thunderdome racing?

P.S. Maybe I should simply beg @rtvanda to come out of retirement and book me in for a session.

(Edit, honourable mentions.)

Last edited: