Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Zigman This is a FANTASTIC idea! Why didn't @Roat and I think of this...?

...ohh that's bad news. Right lads, lassies our Ormaus needs kitty a lot more than we do, looks like.

😂 Alas, new information has come to light @Mal Cartwright. Ormaus is way too important to this thread/forum to risk being homeless! We need to call a truce right away.

Awww...there's a good kitty, hope he's all happy and well now. 🥰

Right everyone! This story arc is over - it's back to monitoring the VIN barometer for incoming VIN storms, ship tracking, drone fly-over watching @Silver Xu domestic China delivery watching, accessory & wall charger watching, @dogstarlady's and @RobM3MY blue nails watching, @Magnatron, @Blaq and @Dann123 drag watching (you guys make sure you send @*Sparkles* them photos), who's the best insurance/finance watching and of course...multi-coloured forklift watching. Actually, where the heck is @Hoopyfrood should we put up an amber alert for him? He went MIA monitoring forklifts - or is he actually already organising mad-max style forklift derby thunderdome racing?

P.S. Maybe I should simply beg @rtvanda to come out of retirement and book me in for a session.

(Edit, honourable mentions.)
@CMTDad , just wanted to thank you for the funnies 😛 (and I have to wonder if you've been in @Hoopyfrood's liquor cabinet??)

Just a bit of info some may not know…. my current car rego expires mid September (didn’t seem like a problem back in February!) and I was looking at a big outlay for, hopefully, a few days/weeks. Turns out here in Victoria you can renew 6 or 3 monthly. I’m assuming you have this setup elsewhere but thought I’d pass it on for people in the same position.

Just a bit of info some may not know…. my current car rego expires mid September (didn’t seem like a problem back in February!) and I was looking at a big outlay for, hopefully, a few days/weeks. Turns out here in Victoria you can renew 6 or 3 monthly. I’m assuming you have this setup elsewhere but thought I’d pass it on for people in the same position.
Good thinking @MagicalseT! Confirm we have this option in Perth also

Reactions: MagicalseT
Thanks for this but what was this for? I already know what they are, I wasn't asking for the definition
"My SA lent me a RWD for an overnight test drive and for 20mins it was perfect, until it ran through a stop sign and 30mins later tried to do a right turn when there was a no right turn sign. So no it's not ready by any stretch, for city streets much less total autonomy."

Unless you did your FSD beta test in the US with it enabled in the car you were driving its not yet supposed to recognise stop signs or likely any other sign. Speed signs it might though?

Elon mentioned maybe RHD FSD later this year. I'd like to think that includes Australia but I'd suspect UK or similar first.

@Zigman This is a FANTASTIC idea! Why didn't @Roat and I think of this...?

...ohh that's bad news. Right lads, lassies our Ormaus needs kitty a lot more than we do, looks like.

😂 Alas, new information has come to light @Mal Cartwright. Ormaus is way too important to this thread/forum to risk being homeless! We need to call a truce right away.

Awww...there's a good kitty, hope he's all happy and well now. 🥰

Right everyone! This story arc is over - it's back to monitoring the VIN barometer for incoming VIN storms, ship tracking, drone fly-over watching @Silver Xu domestic China delivery watching, accessory & wall charger watching, @dogstarlady's and @RobM3MY blue nails watching, @Magnatron, @Blaq and @Dann123 drag watching (you guys make sure you send @*Sparkles* them photos), who's the best insurance/finance watching and of course...multi-coloured forklift watching. Actually, where the heck is @Hoopyfrood should we put up an amber alert for him? He went MIA monitoring forklifts - or is he actually already organising mad-max style forklift derby thunderdome racing?

P.S. Maybe I should simply beg @rtvanda to come out of retirement and book me in for a session.

(Edit, honourable mentions.)
My fees are very VERY V E R Y high, just to pay for the power my new toy will demand, let alone consider an Y as well.

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
So here's a thought ... The VIN allocations recently are LR and P (as we know) and not many (hardly any) RWD. What motor is used in the RWD compared to the LR & P models? Is there a supply issue at the plant with motors for the RWD? Or am I overthinking this a bit?
You could be right, the last batch seemed to have a mix of R and S motors, (round wire vs hairpin) rwd motors, I thought the hairpin had replaced the round wire motor.

"My SA lent me a RWD for an overnight test drive and for 20mins it was perfect, until it ran through a stop sign and 30mins later tried to do a right turn when there was a no right turn sign. So no it's not ready by any stretch, for city streets much less total autonomy."

Unless you did your FSD beta test in the US with it enabled in the car you were driving its not yet supposed to recognise stop signs or likely any other sign. Speed signs it might though?

Elon mentioned maybe RHD FSD later this year. I'd like to think that includes Australia but I'd suspect UK or similar first.
Its interesting to know that some SAs allowed overnight test drive. My test drive in CBR in Feb was limited to 20 minutes, and on a predetermined route. I was quite annoyed to be so limited for the dearest car i ever bought. However, a private sale owner allowed about 50km test drive.
About 4 years ago I did test drive in Brisbane with SA who facilitated "launch mode" to experience the acceleration. That was what sold me [read, US] on the Tesla.
Sadly my experien e this year has dampened my enthusiasm.

• Informative
Reactions: Ormaus
You could be right, the last batch seemed to have a mix of R and S motors, (round wire vs hairpin) rwd motors, I thought the hairpin had replaced the round wire motor.

more speculation could be around battery chemistries.. but it could be just a huge reach

Its interesting to know that some SAs allowed overnight test drive. My test drive in CBR in Feb was limited to 20 minutes, and on a predetermined route. I was quite annoyed to be so limited for the dearest car i ever bought. However, a private sale owner allowed about 50km test drive.
About 4 years ago I did test drive in Brisbane with SA who facilitated "launch mode" to experience the acceleration. That was what sold me [read, US] on the Tesla.
My SA chatswood branch let me once I ordered the car. I had to wait 2 weeks but they lent it to me from 4pm-9am the next day. Needless to say I didn't sleep that night.

Attachments

• 20220420_205359.jpg
    20220420_205359.jpg
    667.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220420_213929.jpg
    20220420_213929.jpg
    469.2 KB · Views: 34

Ah I see. Would have been easier to quote the relevant paragraph but thanks for that. I guess was like that too when I was doing simple monotonous data entries into spreadsheets all day. Just did large data dumps to my boss sometimes.

Thanks for highlighting it, it does make sense then since "FSD" is cheaper here than in the states, however it just reinforces it being a bad buy.

Those who have received their M3 VIN, quick question on the order that things happened in.

Did the VIN appear in source code before you had to accept the changes for Tesla Vision, or did you have to accept the changes for Tesla Vision before the VIN appeared? And when did your EDD adjust in relation to these?

Figuring out what I should be refreshing on a daily basis while waiting haha

My SA in Perth was happy for me to do an overnight test drive, placing an order was part of the process, think they were happy to refund the order fee if I wasn't going ahead. I wasn't paying mich attention to be honest, it was a take my money scenario, I knew I was ordering.

Overnight absolutely required if you are not used to one pedal driving. Friend if mine did a 20 minute test drive and hated it. Need to be able to get out of the city to properly appreciate it.