Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke with Tesla call centre, they told me I can expect to receive my delivery appointment SMS in next 5 days, they said the order in which cars are transported to the delivery centre isn't managed based on order sequences but rather how they've been parked after unloading from the ship. They said the appointment SMS is sent when the car arrives at the delivery centre.

I just spoke with Tesla call centre, they told me I can expect to receive my delivery appointment SMS in next 5 days, they said the order in which cars are transported to the delivery centre isn't managed based on order sequences but rather how they've been parked after unloading from the ship. They said the appointment SMS is sent when the car arrives at the delivery centre.
I can see why because first off the production line might be last on the ship and first off at port and last to Delivery center. All those white ones didnt have rego plates yet. Maybe the stamp duty has thrown a spanner in the works

wowsers i hope a blue LR comes off the boat and is parked next to the loading truck.. way to many white Tesla's in recent pick up photos lol

I don't think Tesla's order > manufacture > delivery process is exactly linear. My thoughts are -
  • The manufacture may break down to paint colour or some other factor that influences the manufacturing process
  • There may be some randomness to it with a couple of order days either side buffer
But if I was you I would be hitting the refresh button pretty hard :)
The shipping process can jumble things too. Take my order and @CompleteMuppit: ordered 6 Jan, same site, both LR, different paint, same build date, VIN date, different ships dep 21/27 Jul arriving 8/10 Aug, cars delivered 17/19 Aug.

Reactions: CompleteMuppit
Just went down to visit the Canberra delivery centre (down the street from my office) and confirmed the NSW stamp duty rebate will be paid to me once I take delivery on Friday (already showing as a credit on my Tesla profile). Of note, the centre was packed with people placing orders presumably for the model Y from what I could tell

How do I go about tracking my car for which I now have a vin, build date (12 August) , invoice and early-mid September delivery range?

Just want to do some financial planning.

Thanks
Delivery date is usually between 4-6 weeks post build date depending on what ship it's going to be put on. My build date was 16/7 and delivery is scheduled for 22/8. Pretty much spot on 5 weeks.

Reactions: kpdog
Just went down to visit the Canberra delivery centre (down the street from my office) and confirmed the NSW stamp duty rebate will be paid to me once I take delivery on Friday (already showing as a credit on my Tesla profile). Of note, the centre was packed with people placing orders presumably for the model Y from what I could tell
Did they say how they will pay it back? Just asking because what about those who are getting their car delivered and not going to a service centre?

Did they say how they will pay it back? Just asking because what about those who are getting their car delivered and not going to a service centre?
They asked that I bring in a bank statement that confirms my name and account details on the day and will deposit it into that account. He did mention an SA would reach out prior to delivery anyway whether youre picking up at the delivery centre or having it delivered, specifically about the rebate for NSW customers

In Perth yesterday afternoon my wife saw 2 trucks carrying Tesla's. Interestingly the route they were taking was a bit weird, they were heading south on the freeway and then got off onto Roe Hwy, surely the route from Freo port to the delivery centre doesn't need to be that scenic. She's adamant they were Tesla's and it was a mix of Y's and 3's.

In Perth yesterday afternoon my wife saw 2 trucks carrying Tesla's. Interestingly the route they were taking was a bit weird, they were heading south on the freeway and then got off onto Roe Hwy, surely the route from Freo port to the delivery centre doesn't need to be that scenic. She's adamant they were Tesla's and it was a mix of Y's and 3's.
Weird... wonder where they were going??

Picked up the LR today from Brisbane. It's been a pleasure waiting seven months with you all, but I'm off to go get a speeding fine with how fast this thing is
My M3 due any day is a replacement for my Honda CRZ Hybrid that I took delivery of almost exactly 10 years ago [sold it 3 months back]. I got my first speeding ticket within the first 100km. better luck to you [ No No - not in first 50] 🤣🤣