Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why so may payment? lol

Strange how people carry on to "Test" payments... They are a major company so why do we need to test a payment lol
Well, the first one was to make sure that the money is going to the correct account. The subsequent ones gave me something to look forward to. I would deposit the money in the morning and wait for it to show up. That game got a bit boring though after a couple of days. Human mind is weird 😄

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
Me too. Almost over it all. Ridiculous how us RWD buyers are treated
It's interesting how within 6 months the opinions have reversed.

In the earlier days of this thread, some of us with Nov/Dec LR/P orders had to watch on as RWDs ordered as late as Jan got delivered in Q1. With a push to a supposed Q2 delivery, the factory shutdown then meant we were delayed to Q3. For what was originally a 8-12 weeks ETA, my final wait was 8 months.

In conclusion, I don't think Tesla's out to mistreat anyone just because they ordered a particular model.

In the earlier days of this thread, some of us with Nov/Dec LR/P orders had to watch on as RWDs ordered as late as Jan got delivered in Q1. With a push to a supposed Q2 delivery, the factory shutdown then meant we were delayed to Q3. For what was originally a 8-12 weeks ETA, my final wait was 8 months.

In conclusion, I don't think Tesla's out to mistreat anyone just because they ordered a particular model.
I don't think it is normal for any manufacturers to prioritise production of a up market model than the base line model. Not saying Tesla is wrong but it's not a normal practice.

Refer to Model Ys, base line customers already received the first batch in Australia but Performance model won't be produced later this year. This is normal and very expected.

That's why RWD people are complaining being mistreated. I am not complaining if Tesla could deliver the car to be by Oct. This fit into 5-7 months initial timeframe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Missimpatient
Any Melbourne people waiting for actual pickup sms that are before 12/1 as OD? Sort of looking like I have been passed over for delivery.. damn middle child syndrome at it again 😭😭
You could’ve stopped your question at “Any Melbourne people waiting?” and my hand would’ve been waving madly in the air, with me screaming “ME…ME!!”

I don't think it is normal for any manufacturers to prioritise production of a up market model than the base line model.
As far as I know they build to a forecast, so there's no prioritisation towards anything. Our LR/P orders were promised an ETA all the same and they failed to meet that due to inaccuracies in their demand prediction. But generally speaking, higher trims come with higher margins so manufacturers would usually rather sell those over base trims - see recent news about manufacturers axing base models:

Refer to Model Ys, base line customers already received the first batch in Australia but Performance model won't be produced late this year. This is normal and expected.
I'm not aware of the originally promised ETAs on a Model Y. If the Ps were promised an ETA of Q3 delivery just like the RWDs, then that's certainly a valid thing to be upset about.

Reactions: MozMan
I wanted to add, and I'm not sure if it's already in the thread, but I got pre-approval through Macquarie, I asked during my three month renewal of the pre-approval if the original interest rate of 2.99% would stand given the recent cash rate increases. They've advised me it will as long as the loan commences prior to the 6 month expiry of the original (which would be October for me).
I paid my deposit 14/3 and just got my delivery SMS today which will be booked for Sept 24 - Sept 30. My contact at Macquarie gave me the option once my initial 3 months expired to fully refresh and start my 6 months again (at 3.99%) or renew my second 3 month (at 2.99%) and risk it expiring and have the interest rate jump pretty dramatically (currently at 5.99% according to Tesla website). And for the way my loan was structured we worked out that each 1.00% raise was around a $30-40 per month increase in overall cost so I chose to just start the 6 months again to be safe.

Reactions: Greyalset
As far as I know they build to a forecast, so there's no prioritisation towards anything. Our LR/P orders were promised an ETA all the same and they failed to meet that. But generally speaking, higher trims come with higher margins so manufacturers would usually rather sell those over base trims - see recent news about manufacturers axing base models:

I'm not aware of the originally promised ETAs on a Model Y. If the Ps were promised an ETA of Q3 delivery just like the RWDs, then that's certainly a valid thing to be upset about.
What you posted matches the guess from a few members from this forum, that Tesla was delaying delivery of their base line Model 3s because Q1 Model 3s were priced too low that they would rather like people to cancel them.

Higher trims comes with more motors and LG batteries (which is harder to source than LFP battery), thus more difficult to make (including sourcing materials). To me the only motive to prioritise them is, money.

I am not upsetting, as I said if it could be delivered within the timeframe then no issue to me at all. The problem is many early Q1 RWD customers have failed to deliver within their timeframe too that's not fair to them as well.

Just looking back at my experience so far on the “roller coaster” of emotion that is this waiting room.
I like to regard myself as a fairly positive thinker, so when I was told in February waiting time was 5 to 7 months, but could be slightly earlier, I imagined August delivery was a distinct possibility. So, around the 3rd or 4th month I started to look up Facebook groups and join sites like this one to prepare myself.
What an idiot.
If only I’d had a crystal ball that would’ve shown me that, halfway through August, the car wouldn’t be built let alone on the way and certainly not here.
Like a lot of others on here now and those that have left the group, we could have had a more relaxing time, getting proper sleep at night and not obsessing with our phones/ iPads and computers.
On the plus side I wouldn’t have met some great supportive members.
Swings and roundabouts.

What you posted matches the guess from a few members from this forum, that Tesla was delaying delivery of their base line Model 3s because Q1 Model 3s were priced too low that they would rather like people to cancel them.

Higher trims comes with more motors and LG batteries (which is harder to source than LFP battery), thus more difficult to make (including sourcing materials). To me the only motive to prioritise them is, money.
?? If Tesla wants them to cancel, then they'll get no money. It's not like you can upgrade your RWD order to a LR/P and then instantly receive a car.

The prices also factor in supply chain fluctuations to account for rising costs. Considering their margin per car, it's almost certain they'll still make a profit on each newly produced RWD sold at January prices.

I am not upsetting, as I said if it could be delivered within the timeframe then no issue to me at all. The problem is many early Q1 RWD customers have failed to deliver within their timeframe too that's not fair to them as well.
For sure, but my point is just that Tesla isn't picking on RWD orders right now, just like how I didn't think they were picking on LR/P orders earlier in the year. With that said, Q3 exports aren't even finished yet so who knows what can happen.

[In a David Attenborough voice] "The Model 3 waiting room's climate is driven by the earth's orbit of the sun. The "Tesla hates LR/P orders" season changes exactly six months later to the peak of the "Tesla hates RWD orders" season. This later season also coincides with the migration of the mythical @Hoopyfrood to parts unknown."

?? If Tesla wants them to cancel, then they'll get no money. It's not like you can upgrade your RWD order to a LR/P and then instantly receive a car.

For sure, but my point is just that Tesla isn't picking on RWD orders right now, just like how I didn't think they were picking on LR/P orders earlier in the year. With that said, Q3 exports aren't even finished yet so who knows what can happen.
If Tesla makes a white RWD base. If delivered to Early Q1 customer they can only sell for about 64000 dollars. If customer cancelled and they sell it to a present customer it is 71000 dollars. Same car, difference in price is 7000 (including Tax) + 350 cancellation income.

The maths is so simple. Example is extreme.