Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As i said earlier, I got a call yesterday to say car is ready.
Just checked my account page. No surprise

Payments

Next Steps
We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account. Following this, a delivery representative will contact you to arrange final payment. Please note, we require cleared funds prior to delivery.

SA said, payments are in and rego papers processed
check Qld Rego status: VIN not found

No wonder my confidence levels are low.
I'm really sorry to hear that, @rtvanda ... it must be taking the shine off what should be an exciting time for you.
Like you say, hopefully things improve once you actually have the car (and by then, I guess you'll have little need to check in with SA's)

Wow That's great good for you. My SA has been great too during the ordering and test drive process. We give them a lot of flak with the invoice and delays etc, but that's more of tesla problem itself rather than the people on the ground. In saying that I do prefer the tesla buying process rather than dealerships. Just straight up honest information rather than an upsell every 5 minutes.
If I never have to go into a dealership and get the salesperson slime talk, I will be happy.

I'm having a brain fade moment - what does SA stand for? Selling Authority?
It means many many things;

South Australia
Service Agreement
Spark Arrestor
Substance Abuse
Sound Attenuation
Scrambled Americans (my favourite, tis a sound company)
.... the list goes on and on

However in Tesla speak, I believe it means Sales Assistant. (correction: Sales Advisor)

Oh, I left off Smart Arse. so late inclusion !

Last edited:
Imagine if we could connect the Tesla screen as a second monitor... I'd be working from car a lot, parked in a new location everyday
Yeah @Ormaus you're up the coast aren't you? Views of the ocean...

Similar to the Android Auto "integration", you could probably use some manky browser solution to be able to make the Tesla display visible as a wireless display.

As though to emphasise my point regarding Tesla service, I just had a call from Microsoft to give me an update on the status of a warranty claim, to let me know they're still waiting on stock. This is all I wanted, and all I think we all want from Tesla: just a regular update on where things are up to and a rough idea of what to expect. A simple 5-minute communication that could avoid 730+ pages of frustrated customers speculating on why they haven't got their car yet... something that costs 1000 times more than my Microsoft product.

I'm really sorry to hear that, @rtvanda ... it must be taking the shine off what should be an exciting time for you.
Like you say, hopefully things improve once you actually have the car (and by then, I guess you'll have little need to check in with SA's)
Thanks *Sparkles*. My wife and I have been big fans of Tesla for years. Indeed, my wife still is. but for both of us there have been many disappointments throughout this waiting period, and I've commented on them through our "time together". won't go over them again. As you say indirectly, stay future focussed. and enjoy the new ride.
I do anticipate this M3 to be our forever car, and likely to outlast my driver's licence and dementia, so no need for other dealerships or even Tesla SAs, so none of my gripes really matter do they?

Last edited: