Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had multiple emails from different Tesla staff about my invoice telling me it is definitely 'processing' and will be appearing very soon (including "by tomorrow afternoon"). I had an email conversation confirming that I will be leasing and they adjusted the invoice to reflect that, but that was over a week ago. I wondered about the volume issue, but given they have prepared the invoice I really don't understand why it cannot be provided to me...
I feel like a bit if a whinger. I just got a speedy email reply letting me know that my invoice issue has been re-escalated and to give 48 hours for it to appear. At least I have no need to refresh my screen until Monday now :)

I'm going to Final Finish in Brunswick East. It was a hard decision and only time will tell if it was the correct one. I contacted a few places that were mostly in the eastern suburbs, a couple of them were $200-$300 less but I decided to go with Final Finish because the facility seemed better than others, they were happy to show me around (twice) when I just turned up to talk to them, it's close to home for me and it will go there for regular washes.

I'm getting ceramic coating on exterior including wheels, interior as well, tinting front windows at 35%, rear windows at 20% including the full rear roof/windscreen. I'm leaving the panel above driver with the factory tint only. That's costing $2,300 and they have the car for 3 days and recommend not getting it wet or washing it for one week afterwards. It then gets it's first wash at no cost and they check over the car afterwards.

I saw a black model 3 in there on Wednesday, 6-12 months old (it had the previous version of the aero wheel covers), the owners weren't happy with how easily it was getting scratched so decided to get it ceramic coated. It had been prepped for the ceramic coat and it was like new condition under the lights, I didn't see it after the coating had been applied but they said they'd spent 2 days just prepping to get the swirl marks out of it.
i'm near brunswick would you happen to know the cost for PPF for just the front part of car and ceramic coating the whole car? i would call them but they closed at 4pm.

Well, the deities have smiled upon me and the car was there to be delivered 😁

They were quite happy for me to work through quite a long inspection list but I did not make them wait until I finished before clicking the magical delivery button. Just made myself certain that the car was the correct model, VIN and registration, and did not have gross deformities.

Was a bit pressed for time (mine not theirs) so I do not have a pile-o-pics to share. The warehouse that was looking a little empty on Wednesday for @CompleteMuppit's delivery was quite full with Model 3 and Y (perhaps 70/30 split) this morning. Perhaps 20% of the cars waiting had their hazard flashers running, which the Tesla rep said was because they needed attention before delivery (He did not elaborate on what attention). Active car detailing was going on down the end, so there's more to squeeze in.

Many more smiling faces to come in the next few days I expect
Mother of god look at that garage!

RWD models got shipped to Japan where LR customers are spitting chips because all the LR RHD cars found their way to AU customers.
Yes but when you check Japans EDD for orders made today, it shows November - December so it’s a short wait for them and some of the LR orders from here from at least Feb or in some cases longer…

Last edited:
i'm near brunswick would you happen to know the cost for PPF for just the front part of car and ceramic coating the whole car? i would call them but they closed at 4pm.
I didn't ask Final Finish what the price would be for partial PPF protection. They have different ceramic coating packages with different products. The one I am getting is full car using Gtechniq crystal ultra for $1,690, so that would be on top of any partial PPF costs. Window tinting was $620

I had some partial PPF prices from another business (Affinesse - Clayton) they quoted $1,395 for partial front PPF protection which included the side mirrors, front bumper and hood to approximately the top of the headlights. Full front protection was $2,395 which included mirrors, bumper, whole hood and front fenders. Full car PPF there was $6,995. Full car ceramic coating was $1,595 using NXTZEN. They were offerring a 10% discount for members of the Tesla owners club. Side window tint was $450 and another $450 for Roof/Rear window.

There was another place in Mornington but I don't know what I have done with the prices, they were doing only tinting and ceramic coating using Ceramic Pro anyway.

If it would make you feel better, currently there are Chinese domestic customers who have waited for Model 3 RWD for over 240 days but still haven't received a car.
Some of us on here have been waiting longer. I am 254 days with no delivery sms or the VIN showing up on the RAV. Bit frustrated. (Although very happy for those who have received their cars even though their order, build, VIN and invoice dates were after mine)

Yes but when you check Japans EDD for orders made today, it shows November - December so it’s a short wait for them and some of the LR orders from here from at least Feb.
The EDD's are complete fiction. Some poeple ordering SR+ models in early June have been allocated VIN's Whilst LR models ordered in April ( when the delivery timeframe was 8 ~ 12 weeks ) are looking in askance at AU and UK customers who appear to be receiving deliveries. All swings and round-abouts anyways. It will arrive when it arrives and not a moment sooner. Dare I say it, another COVID lockdown in Shanghai could confound all of us.

Got this txt today.

Tesla Update: The NSW Government has updated the Electric Vehicle Stamp Duty exemption process. For eligible customers, the stamp duty exemption will be automatically applied to your vehicle at time of registration and you will no longer be required to pay stamp duty or claim a refund.

An updated Final Invoice will be available in your Tesla Account to reflect this change shortly.

For additional support, reply to this SMS.

The EDD's are complete fiction. Some poeple ordering SR+ models in early June have been allocated VIN's Whilst LR models ordered in April ( when the delivery timeframe was 8 ~ 12 weeks ) are looking in askance at AU and UK customers who appear to be receiving deliveries.
Don't know about the UK, but those AU customers receiving LRs and Ps now ordered as far back as November, and no later than early March.