Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that FSD price is going up to $15k on September 5, not sure if that applies to Australia or not but now has me wondering if I should get it as soon as I pickup the car. Just don't know how much of it actually works on Australian roads.
That price hike tweet from Elon mentions North America specifically, so no idea if it will affect Australian market, specially considering that we do not actually have FSD beta running here.

Moderators Note:
I have received feedback from a member of this forum regarding posts in this thread that attempted humour by rewording The Lords Prayer, including one I posted myself.
As an Atheist, I probably didn’t fully understand the impact this language would have on a person of deep faith for which I apologise. I always endeavour to understand the lived experience of someone different to myself but will occasionally fall short.
I have deleted my post, but deleting all recent references to this matter would damage the readability of the thread so I have stopped action at that point.
if anyone who has posted something similar wishes to have their post modified or deleted please DM me.
I hope this action is sufficient, my/our aim is to make this forum as welcoming to as many people as possible.
Mark Melocco
Modertor TMC Australia / New Zealand

Out of interest, what dates and times were you offered? Thurs/Fri or Fri/Sat or Fri/Mon?
I was driving when it came through and pulled over because of excitement. Friday 10 am was the earliest.

There were some other times throughout Friday and some on Saturday I recall. Cannot remember much of what it said beyond that as I just wanted the 10am slot more than I wanted my kids because I am free at that time!

Last edited:
I was driving when it came through and pulled over because of excitement. Friday 10 am was the earliest.

There were some other times throughout Friday and some on Saturday I recall. Cannot remember much of what it said beyond that as I just wanted that 10am slot more than I wanted my kids because I am free at that time!
Thanks. Great that Saturday was an option too. Can't blame you for rushing to the booking page, I'll be the same.

Good luck with your last 3-4 days on the final stretch.

Reactions: RobM3MY
Hi all,

Ordered a RWD black/black on 13th Feb and still waiting for VIN. We have our financing with Macquarie locked in at 2.99% till 29th August. Starting to think that receiving a VIN this week is very unlikely. Was wondering if anyone on this forum had any guidance on how to get the finance through prior to getting the car? Or recommend any steps I could take with another finance provider?

Hi all,

Ordered a RWD black/black on 13th Feb and still waiting for VIN. We have our financing with Macquarie locked in at 2.99% till 29th August. Starting to think that receiving a VIN this week is very unlikely. Was wondering if anyone on this forum had any guidance on how to get the finance through prior to getting the car? Or recommend any steps I could take with another finance provider?
Sorry to be the barer of bad news but the bank won't finalise the loan until the day the car is collected. Even if you get a VIN tomorrow, the finance will still expire on the 29th and you'll need to reapply.

As far as I can tell, for us here in Adelaide the car will still be 5-8 weeks away from the date you get the VIN. My finance expires in January, so I'm looking for a VIN by mid November at the latest or else I'll be paying a really high interest rate.

Moderators Note:
I have received feedback from a member of this forum regarding posts in this thread that attempted humour by rewording The Lords Prayer, including one I posted myself.
As an Atheist, I probably didn’t fully understand the impact this language would have on a person of deep faith for which I apologise. I always endeavour to understand the lived experience of someone different to myself but will occasionally fall short.
I have deleted my post, but deleting all recent references to this matter would damage the readability of the thread so I have stopped action at that point.
if anyone who has posted something similar wishes to have their post modified or deleted please DM me.
I hope this action is sufficient, my/our aim is to make this forum as welcoming to as many people as possible.
Mark Melocco
Modertor TMC Australia / New Zealand
I found the posts funny. I don't think being offended should be the metric for whether a joke can be made or not. I don't think what you or the others posted was wrong - the intention was not to denigrate anyone.

There were some other times throughout Friday and some on Saturday I recall. Cannot remember much of what it said beyond that as I just wanted that 10am slot more than I wanted my kids because I am free at that time!
Happened to me too. Was driving when the message popped on the car screen. had to do a quick stopover to read the message, and booked in the earliest time slot available.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news but the bank won't finalise the loan until the day the car is collected. Even if you get a VIN tomorrow, the finance will still expire on the 29th and you'll need to reapply.

As far as I can tell, for us here in Adelaide the car will still be 5-8 weeks away from the date you get the VIN. My finance expires in January, so I'm looking for a VIN by mid November at the latest or else I'll be paying a really high interest rate.
They can start the finance if you receive an invoice

Reactions: penn_ and DM221291
At this rate you may get the new batteries
I dunno, production increases after the line upgrades, RWD customers in UK, JP and SG are getting VIN's ( all RHD countries so competing for the same stock ) but I see more than a few LR and P models being delivered to AU where as JP gets none. In other forums I see predictions of up to 2 tesla charters ( about 9000 vehicles ) to the UK alone this quarter and two more for EU ( atleast ). I really cannot figure out how allocations are made since I would expect the build spec/finish to be the same or very very close for all of those countries ( think tint of stop lights, seatbelt buckles etc ). Elsewhere I read that the M3 backlog of orders is somewhere around 500K so we're in this for the longhaul

I dunno, production increases after the line upgrades, RWD customers in UK, JP and SG are getting VIN's ( all RHD countries so competing for the same stock ) but I see more than a few LR and P models being delivered to AU where as JP gets none. In other forums I see predictions of up to 2 tesla charters ( about 9000 vehicles ) to the UK alone this quarter and two more for EU ( atleast ). I really cannot figure out how allocations are made since I would expect the build spec/finish to be the same or very very close for all of those countries ( think tint of stop lights, seatbelt buckles etc ). Elsewhere I read that the M3 backlog of orders is somewhere around 500K so we're in this for the longhaul
Damn, that all sounds very ugly!

Hi,
Congratulations on your pickup.
Did you receive any detailed information on where to pick up the car as I seem to have only received a generic pickup text till now and I am picking one up tomorrow in Canberra.
Yes, they emailed through directions to the multi story carpark adjacent to the Canberra Centre (2 days prior) where it seems all the deliveries are made (Walk past the Coffee Club on the top floor and follow the signs for 'Tesla pickup', easy to find). Plenty of cars there! Mostly M3LR with a few M3 Performance and Model Y's from what I could see.

Reactions: suku18