Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those who have received their cars... Typically how long was it from receiving your VIN to actually taking delivery of the vehicle?
16-Jul VIN received - 30-Aug collection for me. I think there were a couple on here with same build date who got a collection a week or so before me. I'm Melbourne so that would add a good few days over a Sydney order.

Reactions: TCM3 and PcS000
Those who have received their cars... Typically how long was it from receiving your VIN to actually taking delivery of the vehicle?
Here’s a handy spreadsheet we have going here in this thread to help answer this question: Tesla Australia Delivery Tracker.xlsx

Anyone who would like to provide their info, no matter what stage of order / delivery you’re at, please fill in this form and the info you submit will show up on the spreadsheet: Microsoft Forms

Does this mean that the LRs no longer have a range advantage as they’re not recommended to be charged beyond 90%?
Daily use recommendation is charge to 90%. You can charge to 100% occasionally (i.e. road trip) which is where the LR will have the range advantage.

It also has a higher maximum DC charging rate (220kW vs 170) if you use a supercharger/Ultra rapid charger on said road trip.

10 days and 200+km after taking delivery, I am still in "calibration in progress" mode. Messaged Tesla and they suggested I reset calibration by going to Controls > Service > ....
but there's no service under Controls. There's a Service in the main menu but under which the Calibration box is disabled.
Really frustrating. Is there a step preceeded that I missed?
I got to 250kms or so before it finished. Try to find a 2 lane road at 80km/h and drive along the middle lane for a clicks to see if that gets you over the line.

Reactions: T-S-L-A
Couple of interesting developments this week.

As reported with others, Macquarie offered to start my financing now ahead of my EDD of Sep 21 - 30, as my approval expires this Sat and I'd then lose the remarkable 2.99% rate. Cool, no worries.

I then phoned the SA and checked they had everything they needed for rego etc. I mentioned the EDD would be right when I'm overseas, returning the night of the 30th - could I arrange for the 1st come time?

Turns out he thinks it might actually arrive... before I go overseas on the 11th. His 'data' indicated it would be arriving then and would come back to me. Holy moly.

20220825_080041.jpg

Picked up yesterday and the wait, whilst seemingly endless at the time, was sooooo worth it. Cannot get the smile off my dial!

Although we do now have a small dilema and perhaps a new accessory requirement that has not been mentioned before -
We are now discussing the need for a keypad style lock for the front door since we have always carried the house keys on the car key - that is now no longer needed and the danger of heading out and not being to be able to get back into the house is a real possibility.....once again living in a world of first world issues :)

I got to 250kms or so before it finished. Try to find a 2 lane road at 80km/h and drive along the middle lane for a clicks to see if that gets you over the line.
Picked up yesterday and went straight from the Hendra pickup site in Brisbane onto the Southern Cross Way/Gateway. Calibration was done within 15 kms before getting to the Redcliffe turnoff....
Does sound like something is not right with yours if it is taking so long....

W
Picked up the Tesla this morning and noticed that it came with the Michelin tires 😬 The calibration was completed within 30 min and all the other cars became visible. Still need to finish setting it up to my liking, but the ride was less stiff than what I remembered from the test drive in Jan and I did get used to one pedal driving in a relatively short time. Hang in there everyone it will be worth the wait in the end. 🤗
When did you order and what model ?

10 days and 200+km after taking delivery, I am still in "calibration in progress" mode. Messaged Tesla and they suggested I reset calibration by going to Controls > Service > ....
but there's no service under Controls. There's a Service in the main menu but under which the Calibration box is disabled.
Really frustrating. Is there a step preceeded that I missed?
Have you tried rebooting the system? Could be just a glitch.

Reactions: T-S-L-A
View attachment 844678
Picked up yesterday and the wait, whilst seemingly endless at the time, was sooooo worth it. Cannot get the smile off my dial!

Although we do now have a small dilema and perhaps a new accessory requirement that has not been mentioned before -
We are now discussing the need for a keypad style lock for the front door since we have always carried the house keys on the car key - that is now no longer needed and the danger of heading out and not being to be able to get back into the house is a real possibility.....once again living in a world of first world issues :)
Problem solved!

Get the keypad lock with finger print sensor. Have been using the finger print so long have forgotten what the keypad code is.

View attachment 844678

was thinking about this too. planning on keeping spare pair in the glove box (since it locks) to avoid getting locked out as my door setup makes it hard to go keyless (screen door and normal door).

Reactions: Stokesy and M_Harps
View attachment 844678

Daily use recommendation is charge to 90%. You can charge to 100% occasionally (i.e. road trip) which is where the LR will have the range advantage.
Yes - and if you are charging at home then it's only road trips where the additional range is needed anyway. I seldom use more than 20% of the LR's range in a typical day, but happily charge up over 90% when I need it for a road trip.

The LR also has a slightly longer battery & drive train warranty - 192,000km vs 160,000km in the RWD.

Just an FYI peeps -- I decided to switch from gunmetal to blue, original order day was 16/03 -- there was talk about that modifying your order causes your order date to reset and also loose access to getting the wall charger kit as they took it away in later orders.

I've spoke to service rep and he's advised
- Your order date stays the same
- The wall charger kit removal is based on original order date
- You dont 'loose your place' in the queue

Just an FYI

When I got my current Model 3 I had same issue, so I swapped my front door lock with Kevo lock that works on Bluetooth certificates, so I just carry a phone that is both key to the car and key to the house.

View attachment 844678

Or you can leave a spare key somewhere under a carpet in the car.

• Funny
Reactions: M_Harps
I'm at about 220km with calibration still incomplete, understandable though as it has mostly been driving at night on busy city streets. Going on a longer trip soon so might restart the calibration to allow it some cleaner data, rather than the jumbled mess that it probably has right now.