Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least yet. Morning Crystal is where I'm pinning my hopes
Yes, this does look like the last roll of the dice doesn't it or else November for us March RWD orders if we are lucky. Truthfully I don't have the same hope as I did back on the 8th but lets hope the last roll clears out our January and February friends at least. 🤞

So after something like 213 days of waiting I finally got a chance to pick up my M3LR from the delivery centre. Wanted to share some highlights and some not-so-highlights.

Highlights
1. The pick up process was smooth and efficient. No frills, just like going through a drive through. In and out. My SA was there and we got a chance to catch up which was nice. Very helpful and they didn’t rush me out the door.
2. Quality of the car itself was brilliant. Paint was as good as any European cars. I’m comparing to the MB we currently own. Panel gaps were consistent, people complain about the frunk bonnet slightly lower than the bumper. I had no issues on mine. Interior was perfect. No rattles squeaks or dodgy bits.
3. I had ceramic coating and tinting done at Craftmens Automotive Professional. Joe and his team were brilliant to deal with. Suntek tint and Carpro CQ Professional. They are one street up from the delivery centre in Perth if you are interested.
4. App to book service appointment is super easy to use. See below for the issue with the car. Service team was friendly and I like the fact they give you a courtesy call to confirm things and to reassure me that the service would be free of charge (the app estimated $254 for a wheel alignment which I thought was excessive). This was a relief. They did the right thing.

The not-so-goood
1. Wheel alignment issues. Car pulling to the right and needed driver input to correct. Also, excessive vibration on highway speed (I.e. 100km/h and above). I’ve discounted the fact that there is no engine noise and have some racing experience so it is not normal.
2. Service centre is a bit basic. In fact I’m writing this post as I freeze my butt of waiting for the car. Don’t expect coffee machine, news paper, cup cakes or other snacks like you would get at an Audi or MB service centre.

Overall. Super impress with the car thus far even with the wheel alignment issue.

For all those waiting. It is worth the wait so hang in there! For all those collecting your new 3s and Ys congratulations and happy motoring!
6BE508A0-487E-4A1B-9AFD-A1D65B4F4354.jpeg
DE96D3BF-6353-4F21-99DD-4B4A6DE360DA.jpeg

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news but if us Q1 rwd orders dont receive any vins by tomorrow its game over for us, we wont see our cars till november.
Thats based on tesla wont produce cars for export in any second half of a quarter. So our cars will be built in the begining of october being the start of Q4 for end of october/november deliveries.
That being said someone will get lucky for taking delivery of cancellation but i hardly see it because the no Rwd produced recently for us.

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news but if us Q1 rwd orders dont receive any vins by tomorrow its game over for us, we wont see our cars till november.
Thats based on tesla wont produce cars for export in any second half of a quarter. So our cars will be built in the begining of october being the start of Q4 for end of october/november deliveries.
That being said someone will get lucky for taking delivery of cancellation but i hardly see it because the no Rwd produced recently for us.
Let’s hope they break with tradition and produce some for export earlier… isn’t there like 3-4 ships leaving port throughout September?

Reactions: Polarxp and Braz

16/03 and no VIN assigned here yet, hope to see something soon but very much looking like wont be making it in this run if Danny's info to be believed *twiddles thumbs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 32
Also, I am seriously considering buying a second hand Tesla at this point. I can get a 2021 RWD for the same price as new one, and less than a year old. The way I see it, we here in Australia have the first couple of weeks of October for Tesla to fulfill our order. After that, historically speaking, they move on to other countries. Then second half of the quarter they start fulfilling domestic orders. So I am thinking that if there is a drought, lockdown, supply chain issue or anything else for just a few weeks in October, we miss out again and have to wait until Feb. Seems to be that precarious, and we have zero guarantees - I watched it happen in Q2 and now Q3. I'm not sure I can do this into 2023. I'm starting to really resent their fulfillment process and part of me world be happy not to give them my money. Anyone want to talk me down off the ledge?

Ok, I'll try. If your predictions are wrong, in the next few months you'll have a brand new car. If your worse fears are realised there will always be a second hand car to buy. If you are in my nsw you can only get the 3k rebate for a new car. Not even demo models can get the rebate. So there's another 3 k in your pocket. I felt exactly like you early in the piece. Started looking at the used market but my wife who is a lot calmer then me said "Let's just wait, it'll come". And it did.

Ok, I'll try. If your predictions are wrong, in the next few months you'll have a brand new car. If your worse fears are realised there will always be a second hand car to buy. If you are in my nsw you can only get the 3k rebate for a new car. Not even demo models can get the rebate. So there's another 3 k in your pocket. I felt exactly like you early in the piece. Started looking at the used market but my wife who is a lot calmer then me said "Let's just wait, it'll come". And it did.
Ha, my wife said to just go second hand! But you know what, you are right. I'll see what happens in Oct and decide then. I can do that. In the meantime, I'll just... Breathe. Thanks mate, I appreciate your sanity and wisdom :)

To add on to Braz, Gokk you're literally next in line. I've seen a screenshot with someone who ordered on the 10th of Feb with a VIN. There could be a cancelation tomorrow and you get your car in two weeks. You'll 100% have it in the next batch. Me on the other hand, I don't even have August - Novemeber in my app so I'm wondering if it will even come this year. You ordered a month earlier than me, and will likely wait 1-3 months less than me.

Also, I am seriously considering buying a second hand Tesla at this point. I can get a 2021 RWD for the same price as new one, and less than a year old. The way I see it, we here in Australia have the first couple of weeks of October for Tesla to fulfill our order. After that, historically speaking, they move on to other countries. Then second half of the quarter they start fulfilling domestic orders. So I am thinking that if there is a drought, lockdown, supply chain issue or anything else for just a few weeks in October, we miss out again and have to wait until Feb. Seems to be that precarious, and we have zero guarantees - I watched it happen in Q2 and now Q3. I'm not sure I can do this into 2023. I'm starting to really resent their fulfillment process and part of me world be happy not to give them my money. Anyone want to talk me down off the ledge?
If you are looking at the 2021 model 3 go for a Unicorn late 2021 or 2022
the early 2021 had a smaller battery.

So after something like 213 days of waiting I finally got a chance to pick up my M3LR from the delivery centre. Wanted to share some highlights and some not-so-highlights.

Highlights
1. The pick up process was smooth and efficient. No frills, just like going through a drive through. In and out. My SA was there and we got a chance to catch up which was nice. Very helpful and they didn’t rush me out the door.
2. Quality of the car itself was brilliant. Paint was as good as any European cars. I’m comparing to the MB we currently own. Panel gaps were consistent, people complain about the frunk bonnet slightly lower than the bumper. I had no issues on mine. Interior was perfect. No rattles squeaks or dodgy bits.
3. I had ceramic coating and tinting done at Craftmens Automotive Professional. Joe and his team were brilliant to deal with. Suntek tint and Carpro CQ Professional. They are one street up from the delivery centre in Perth if you are interested.
4. App to book service appointment is super easy to use. See below for the issue with the car. Service team was friendly and I like the fact they give you a courtesy call to confirm things and to reassure me that the service would be free of charge (the app estimated $254 for a wheel alignment which I thought was excessive). This was a relief. They did the right thing.

The not-so-goood
1. Wheel alignment issues. Car pulling to the right and needed driver input to correct. Also, excessive vibration on highway speed (I.e. 100km/h and above). I’ve discounted the fact that there is no engine noise and have some racing experience so it is not normal.
2. Service centre is a bit basic. In fact I’m writing this post as I freeze my butt of waiting for the car. Don’t expect coffee machine, news paper, cup cakes or other snacks like you would get at an Audi or MB service centre.

Overall. Super impress with the car thus far even with the wheel alignment issue.

For all those waiting. It is worth the wait so hang in there! For all those collecting your new 3s and Ys congratulations and happy motoring!View attachment 845695View attachment 845696
Car looks great! Nice to hear that the panels were aligned and panel gaps consistent.

If you don't mind saying, what was the cost for ceramic and tinting at Craftsmen's? Did you get a quote for PPF as well? Thanks so much!