Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha, my wife said to just go second hand! But you know what, you are right. I'll see what happens in Oct and decide then. I can do that. In the meantime, I'll just... Breathe. Thanks mate, I appreciate your sanity and wisdom :)
Yes please hang in there, I know you have waited a month more than me, and a month waiting for this car seems an eternity, but as Miggy rightly pointed out , the new battery is worth waiting for and any other upgrades we may pick up along the way

To add on to Braz, Gokk you're literally next in line. I've seen a screenshot with someone who ordered on the 10th of Feb with a VIN. There could be a cancelation tomorrow and you get your car in two weeks. You'll 100% have it in the next batch. Me on the other hand, I don't even have August - Novemeber in my app so I'm wondering if it will even come this year. You ordered a month earlier than me, and will likely wait 1-3 months less than me.
Reeeeeeaaaally.... Very interesting, that's giving me the hope I need, thanks! I genuinely hope yours comes sooner rather than later 🤞

Reactions: Braz
@Gokk it was this post from about 10 pages back:
Hot damn that's exciting, thanks!

So after something like 213 days of waiting I finally got a chance to pick up my M3LR from the delivery centre. Wanted to share some highlights and some not-so-highlights.

Highlights
1. The pick up process was smooth and efficient. No frills, just like going through a drive through. In and out. My SA was there and we got a chance to catch up which was nice. Very helpful and they didn’t rush me out the door.
2. Quality of the car itself was brilliant. Paint was as good as any European cars. I’m comparing to the MB we currently own. Panel gaps were consistent, people complain about the frunk bonnet slightly lower than the bumper. I had no issues on mine. Interior was perfect. No rattles squeaks or dodgy bits.
3. I had ceramic coating and tinting done at Craftmens Automotive Professional. Joe and his team were brilliant to deal with. Suntek tint and Carpro CQ Professional. They are one street up from the delivery centre in Perth if you are interested.
4. App to book service appointment is super easy to use. See below for the issue with the car. Service team was friendly and I like the fact they give you a courtesy call to confirm things and to reassure me that the service would be free of charge (the app estimated $254 for a wheel alignment which I thought was excessive). This was a relief. They did the right thing.

The not-so-goood
1. Wheel alignment issues. Car pulling to the right and needed driver input to correct. Also, excessive vibration on highway speed (I.e. 100km/h and above). I’ve discounted the fact that there is no engine noise and have some racing experience so it is not normal.
2. Service centre is a bit basic. In fact I’m writing this post as I freeze my butt of waiting for the car. Don’t expect coffee machine, news paper, cup cakes or other snacks like you would get at an Audi or MB service centre.

Overall. Super impress with the car thus far even with the wheel alignment issue.

For all those waiting. It is worth the wait so hang in there! For all those collecting your new 3s and Ys congratulations and happy motoring!View attachment 845695View attachment 845696

That picture is wallpaper worthy!

Reactions: illesornayr
I booked a 5 week holiday for late September so that I don’t have to stress waiting for my car that’s not coming (not really but the timing worked out well). Hopefully when I get back I won’t have to wait much longer..
I think ypu will stress because the car will arrive while you are on holiday. I've seen a few posts where delivery was occurring while they are on holiday. I was thinking of going on holiday in October just to speed up delivery 😂

To add on to Braz, Gokk you're literally next in line. I've seen a screenshot with someone who ordered on the 10th of Feb with a VIN. There could be a cancelation tomorrow and you get your car in two weeks. You'll 100% have it in the next batch. Me on the other hand, I don't even have August - Novemeber in my app so I'm wondering if it will even come this year. You ordered a month earlier than me, and will likely wait 1-3 months less than me.
Woah woah woah - some of us are at the front of the queue thank you :p

Reactions: Gokk and Stokesy
I Know the wait is excruciating and the fear of of the "spend" prompting wot was I thinking syndrome goes through our minds but deep down we know the product is excellent and sells itself and thats why there are no slick advertisements or sales pitch or specials for that matter and we have a waiting list?? Maybe the odd worlds biggest party now and then but everyone knows Tesla.

To be fair to the process I ordered 17th Feb and EDD then was 5 to 7 months. Delivery day was 24th Aug making it 6 months and 1 week. The pandemic shutdown in Shanghai and parts supplier issues makes me consider this time frame pretty good and a credit to them. At the delivery center they were aware of cars arriving that look like having jumped the ques and were trying to allocate buyers to their order in some sort of sequence but I think that was some "last on first off syndrome" with transportation. The first question at pickup was "Have you watched any you tube online about the car?".... "Yes... plenty of them...... but all preceded by adds for INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE CARS" (no one profiles Magnatron!)

This group has been fantastic in helping the wait, having a laugh and learning something more before the BIG DAY... thank you and YES its worth the wait.

BTW I have found this under "Controls" .............. Perfect for "snigin" stumps outta the front paddock!!!

Attachments

• 20220828_070148.jpg
    20220828_070148.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 51