Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T plus 6 days update:

Finally picked up the car in Brisbane on Tuesday. This was exactly 38 weeks after ordering it back in December.

Arrived 30 minutes early at 12h30 and was helped straight away. SA was there to show me around the car and help with the personalised settings. Battery was at 78%. The pressure on both left hand side tyres was low (38) but only found out after leaving. There was a single Y on the floor. Too big for my needs but will probably outsell the 3.

Standouts: acceleration, one pedal driving, road view and screen.
Personally I would like better screen indication that the brakes have been applied during regen (which could easily be an future OTA update as this already appears in the visualised image of the car).
As a (semi-retired) DJ I must mention the sound system. For an included install it is fantastic. Playing FLACs from the SSD is crystal clear. The subs can make the screen vibrate. The experience is only soured by the bad UX when selecting music. Retagging has helped a bit.

On Wednesday started adding some of the accessories I had acquired while waiting (See other post). Current favourite is the white centre cover that complements the seats. The right angled usb hub was DOA but in hindsight I donā€™t think IIā€™ll ever need one as the dashcam and music storage is on the same drive.

Used the supercharger in Maroochydore and caught up with the legend that is @Ormaus . We compared cars and our experiences so far. Should have incurred ā€˜idlingā€™ fees as I had overstayed my welcome but shortly after leaving I got a notification saying that as this was my first time this fee had been waived. šŸ‘

All public reactions have been positive. Friends are impressed too. Had a couple of random people start asking all about the car. Turns out Elon DOES have a marketing department. Itā€™s YOU.

All the very best to all of you who are still awaiting

warehouse.jpg
plate.jpg
inside.jpg

Verdict: So far, so awesome šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:
So this is what 8 months of waiting and buying accessories looks like....

01. Sunshades
02. Dog hammock
03. 500GB SSD drive
04. Screen protector
05. Mats (x6)
06. Wall connector
07. Jack pads
08. Centre console trays
09. 18v air compressor
10. Tyre weld
11. First Aid kit
12. 12v A23 battery (frunk emergency access)
13. Trim tool kit
14. Various cleaning products
15. Phone holder
16. Foot pedals (chrome)
17. Trunk sill protector
18. Interior LED lights (blue)
19. Interior camera cover
20. Door edge protector
21. Bag hook
22. Type 2 cable
23. Trunk sound deadener
24. Centre console pad (white)
25. Torch
26. Wheel rim protector (white)
27. Wheel centre caps (white)
28. USB hub
29. Screen surround (white)
30. Metal 'charging' sign
31. T-shirt - DC/AC
32. Jacket - logo
33. Diecast model :)

access.jpg

Last edited:
T plus 6 days update:

Finally picked up the car in Brisbane on Tuesday. This was exactly 38 weeks after ordering it back in December.

Arrived 30 minutes early at 12h30 and was helped straight away. SA was there to show me around the car and help with the personalised settings. Battery was at 78%. The pressure on both left hand side tyres was low (38) but only found out after leaving. There was a single Y on the floor. Too big for my needs but will probably outsell the 3.

Personally I would like better screen indication that the brakes have been applied during regen (which could easily be an future OTA update).
As a (semi-retired) DJ I must mention the sound system. For an included install it is fantastic. Playing FLACs from the SSD is crystal clear. The subs can make the screen vibrate. The experience is only soured by the bad UX when selecting music. Retagging has helped a bit.

On Wednesday started adding some of the accessories I had acquired while waiting (See other post). Current favourite is the white centre cover that complements the seats. The right angled usb hub was DOA but in hindsight I donā€™t think IIā€™ll ever need one as the dashcam and music storage is on the same drive.

Used the supercharger in Maroochydore and caught up with the legend that is @Ormaus . We compared cars and our experiences so far. Should have incurred ā€˜idlingā€™ fees as I had overstayed my welcome but shortly after leaving I got a notification saying that as this was my first time this fee had been waived. šŸ‘

All public reactions have been positive. Friends are impressed too. Had a couple of random people start asking all about the car. Turns out Elon DOES have a marketing department. Itā€™s YOU.

View attachment 848733View attachment 848734View attachment 848735

Gorgeous, congrats man, she looks fantastic! Good tip on the charger loitering charges.

Reactions: Luddo
There was a single Y on the floor. Too big for my needs but will probably outsell the 3.
I agree with the too big on Model Y. Had a look at it myself. There are plenty of people who need bigger cars, but the main reason those will outsell Model 3 is because they are cheaper to manufacture, they are sold at higher profit margins, so the manufacturing is geared to making more of them. That makes waiting times way shorter for Model Y. So people hate to wait and end up purchasing more of those even if they have to pay more.

Interestingly, my VIN is still in the source code but now it is no longer showing up in the API call. Is it possible that I am getting a cancelled order and the VIN will change?
It happened to me too, exactly the same. VIN appeared in API call when it was first allocated and remained so for a few days. Then it disappeared from the API call, everything else seemed the same, RN etc, but no VIN. Oh no <insert a different word here instead of "no", maybe starting with "f">, I thought!

Then strangely it reappeared. Maybe it was the next day, I'm not really sure. But it did have me worried for a bit.

However, all was good. I picked up my new toy yesterday in Mulgrave. The Tesla team at Mulgrave were terrific and very helpful. They had absolutely no issue with us staying in the delivery centre as long as we liked to check over the vehicle. To be honest, 2/3 of the way thru the check list I just wanted to hit the road as I found no deal breakers and just wanted to drive this thing!

I'm not going to say "it was worth the wait" as others have previously said 'cos I know that's no consolation for those still waiting ... oh, WTF ... IT'S WORTH THE WAIT :)

It happened to me too, exactly the same. VIN appeared in API call when it was first allocated and remained so for a few days. Then it disappeared from the API call, everything else seemed the same, RN etc, but no VIN. Oh no <insert a different word here instead of "no", maybe starting with "f">, I thought!

Then strangely it reappeared. Maybe it was the next day, I'm not really sure. But it did have me worried for a bit.

However, all was good. I picked up my new toy yesterday in Mulgrave. The Tesla team at Mulgrave were terrific and very helpful. They had absolutely no issue with us staying in the delivery centre as long as we liked to check over the vehicle. To be honest, 2/3 of the way thru the check list I just wanted to hit the road as I found no deal breakers and just wanted to drive this thing!

I'm not going to say "it was worth the wait" as others have previously said 'cos I know that's no consolation for those still waiting ... oh, WTF ... IT'S WORTH THE WAIT :)
Well done Zigsterā€¦ my only theoretical consolation is that as I ordered my M3 a short 5 days after your good selfā€¦ that SHOULD mean I get mine on the 8th September- 5 days after you got yours. Thatā€™s in a perfect world of course. Meanwhile, in the real world ā€¦. In 2 months time I could be in Mulgrave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mal Cartwright

Nice one! And congrats on picking up the new wheels, I've had thoughts about painstakingly going through the checklist as well and thinking about rushing it just to get in and go for a cruise haha.

Thanks for the info regarding the VIN in the API and source etc. I was a little concerned when that happened. But I guess its all under control. Waiting for the text to organise the delivery day now despite already being half way through the small estimated delivery window.

Reactions: PcS000
T plus 6 days update:

Personally I would like better screen indication that the brakes have been applied during regen (which could easily be an future OTA update as this already appears in the visualised image of the car).

So glad you have found the wait worth it!

Should have no trouble at all recognising the plates as we sail past each other one day.
My wife is trying to institute the "Tesla Family" wave... so if you see a midnight silver M3 carrying a strange lady waving that's us *<:0)8

Well done Zigsterā€¦ my only theoretical consolation is that as I ordered my M3 a short 5 days after your good selfā€¦ that SHOULD mean I get mine on the 8th September- 5 days after you got yours. Thatā€™s in a perfect world of course. Meanwhile, in the real world ā€¦. In 2 months time I could be in Mulgrave.
And I ordered mine 3 days before, so randomness prevails.
Hoping it comes in 2 months!

T plus 6 days update:

Congratulations! Enjoyed reading your update. Can't wait to take our M3 on a road trip to Qld. :)

Reactions: Luddo
I ordered in June with delivery estimate Feb-May 2023 I note that if you order today the delivery estimate is in this same range.

I assume based on what I've seen from experiences of people getting their cars recently this means I could see an invoice by the end of the year for a Feb delivery?

My logic also says that if the estimated delivery on an order today said something like June-Sep 2023 it could suggest that my order is more likely to be towards the end of the Feb-May 23 range (i.e. so closer to May) but since delivery on orders today is still stating Feb-May 23 I assumingly am earlier in that queue.

This logic is all based on nothing really beyond me trying to make up some kind of rules to this waiting period šŸ˜… .. also there seems to be various cases of people getting lucky with cancellations allocating to their order or unlucky and having to wait till closer to the end of their initial delivery range estimate.

If anyone has any insight on timing I could expect based on their recent experience I'd welcome that ... Meanwhile I'll continue to ponder when I should organise home charging setups .... šŸ˜œ