Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I would like better screen indication that the brakes have been applied during regen (which could easily be an future OTA update as this already appears in the visualised image of the car).
If you are referring to the brake lights on the visualisation (which reflects the brake lights on the exterior of the car), these do not mean that the friction brakes are applied. They are triggered by deceleration beyond a certain limit (ie the brake lights will come on for rapid deceleration even under regen only).

The regen indicator will show when friction brakes are being automatically blended in, with a light grey portion of the normally green regen bar. In normal conditions this only occurs when TACC is slowing down rapidly (it might also show under AEB but I'm not about to test that!).

Reactions: Luddo
Hi all - we have M3lr midnight silver on order - OD early March, received the final invoice and rego docs in mid august, the expected DD in the app was something like 17th-26 September, location Brisbane. Since then the DD has changed several times, up until last week latest DD in the app stated 25th Aug - 7th Sept changing each day by 1. On Friday checked the app again and DD is blank, all documents are gone, no VIN in source code - logged into account the Tesla website hoping it was just an app issue but is same there, no docs no vin, just states prepare for delivery and delivery date TBA 🫥

Anyone who expecting delivery very soon seeing same issues?

Was happy to see the DD move forward as we are overseas in mid September - in middle of sorting the finance out and now seemingly can’t progress this without the documentation. Not knowing when they expect us to actually collect the car with constant changing dates is stressful. Have reached out to SA no response yet

Reactions: New Tech Bj
Tesla provides earning reports to their shareholders every quarter, and they don't like having cars that are built in one quarter and delivered in the next.

That means they build cars for export at the beginning of each quarter, which gives them time to be shipped and delivered to the destination, and focus on domestic production towards the end.

So for a Feb-May window they'll aim to build your car in Jan/Feb for a Feb/Mar delivery or in Apr for a May delivery, barring any major disruptions the likes of which we've seen the last few years with lockdowns, part shortages, factory upgrades etc.
Thanks for that insight, makes a lot of sense! 😃

Update on a bigger drive: Went to Marysville on Sunday with the family (4 of us in total), had charged it to as close as 100% as it could over night.. phone said 99%, car 100%, so somewhere there.. it is a bit over 100kms distance.. arrived with 75%ish, got home with about 57%.. so not bad, happy with distance and battery quantity..

Some issues though, didn't like doing cruise up a small rise, decided something wasn't right and slowed down.. it really overreacts to cars that are turning off into slip road type stuff and brakes a bit quicker than I'd appreciate (or the others in the car for that matter!). Handled the windy Black Spur road really well, one pedal driving and instant torque meant no up and back (sort of boat movement) happening and on the way home, kids didn't realise we had gone over.. though that could have been due to caraoke playing, which they both loved and we had all the way home..

Still trying to figure out the cruise thing. It would see road signs fine, but wouldn't adjust the speed to match the sign, either slow down or speed up.. not sure what setting is not right for that, or if it can even do it..

I think there was only one phantom brake time, the rest was overreacting.. but otherwise, after figuring the seat to the right spot for a longer drive, it was extremely nice. The misses got out the car fine, no aches or anything (she's not really that old, not even 45... yet!).. neither kid sick, though the kwells could have helped with that as they do both get car sick sometimes.. I did take the mother-in-law for a drive up to the falls and gave it a quick 'standard' blast on the way back down, she thought that quite good (it's like you are travelling through time!).

I am getting better with the one pedal driving, still use the foot brake sometimes if other people aren't paying much attention, but definitely not getting surge driving happening any more.. or at least no where near as much.. (have changed the chime for over speed to +3kms from the +1 I had it). And how she's currently on charge.. on the 10A (really 8A), it was going to take 13hrs to get back to 85%, so charged over night, kids to school and back on again, hoping the solar helps offset the over night use and charging now..

So yea, will probably not do this as I don't want to annoy everybody, but just thought another quick note due to the longer drive and how it felt. I hope everybody waiting gets their cars soon, the wait is so crap.. (I also have bought some accessories, waiting for them to arrive!)

So funny and so very true
Having been on this forum for a while now I have watched the “cycles” of oldies and newbies posts. And have come up with the 7 stages of owning a Tesla.

The 7 Stages of owning a Tesla.

1. Dreaming - this is where a person is thinking about purchasing a Tesla. It often involves visiting a showroom and meeting an extremely helpful Sales Assistant who explains how simple it is to buy a Tesla. And in as little as 14-20 weeks you can have your own. The Dreaming stage can take months, and is seen as one of the more enjoyable stages.

2. Commitment - It often is done in private, and is relatively quick.

3. Love - Once the commitment has been made, the SA and Tesla send emails and call quite regularly. Some people developed a strong bond with their SA. This relationship will be put to the test in Stage 5.

4. Accessories - this stage has been known to appear early in some cases. In rare cases is can appear before stage one. It is also likely to keep appearing between stages five and six. Some people will do this in secret and hide it from their significant other due to the excessive amount of purchases made.

5. Abandonment - this stage sometimes is called going a little “Hoopy” It is where the person becomes increasingly annoyed with the complete lack of communication with Tesla. The previously helpful SA from Stage 3 is now no longer around. If a person is at this stage it is wise to point them towards recovery groups such as “Model 3 waiting room” forums.

6. Knowledge - this stage involves the accumulation of knowledge about shipping schedules, and forklift movements. Some also become web decoders and try and decipher the meaning of “VIN allocation”. Others become fixated with spreadsheets and finding hidden patterns in build dates. Others search through video footage to source information. Stage 5 and 6 are the longest stages and a person will find themselves slipping back and forth between the two of them. Occasional even falling back to Stage 4.

7. Smugness - the final stage. This stage is obtained by a lucky few. It begins with the discovery of a hidden VIN. It has been know to take anywhere between 6 to 9 months to reach stage 7. But it a finally obtained when the person sits behind the wheel of their new Tesla. It is said that once stage 7 is reached people forget about the previous stages.

Still trying to figure out the cruise thing. It would see road signs fine, but wouldn't adjust the speed to match the sign, either slow down or speed up.. not sure what setting is not right for that, or if it can even do it..

To set cruise control to the detected speed either tap the speed-limit sign on the touch screen or hold the drive-selector stalk down (ie towards Drive) for a few seconds.

TACC (cruise control) by itself won't automatically adjust the speed limit.

Autopilot will adjust the speed limit down if you're not on a major highway or freeway - but this is a side-effect - it won't let you set Autopilot to a higher speed than the speed limit (plus any offset you've configured) so it will automatically reduce the speed when the speed limit changes.

she's currently on charge.. on the 10A (really 8A)

If you leave the car plugged in and on WiFi, it will (eventually) update the firmware on the mobile connector to give you 10A and 15A on the respective tails.

Reactions: PcS000
Hi all - we have M3lr midnight silver on order - OD early March, received the final invoice and rego docs in mid august, the expected DD in the app was something like 17th-26 September, location Brisbane. Since then the DD has changed several times, up until last week latest DD in the app stated 25th Aug - 7th Sept changing each day by 1. On Friday checked the app again and DD is blank, all documents are gone, no VIN in source code - logged into account the Tesla website hoping it was just an app issue but is same there, no docs no vin, just states prepare for delivery and delivery date TBA 🫥

Anyone who expecting delivery very soon seeing same issues?

Was happy to see the DD move forward as we are overseas in mid September - in middle of sorting the finance out and now seemingly can’t progress this without the documentation. Not knowing when they expect us to actually collect the car with constant changing dates is stressful. Have reached out to SA no response yet
same issue here in Brisbane. Last EDD was 9.1-9.7.

Well, not much option really. Looks like hibernation until at least October with mid to late November delivery the best outcome. So, in for the long haul. And in June I was pitying those poor people that had been waiting since December for their cars. Our wait will be closer to 9 month!
Yes, but you weren’t promised an 8-12 week delivery.

Autopilot will adjust the speed limit down if you're not on a major highway or freeway - but this is a side-effect - it won't let you set Autopilot to a higher speed than the speed limit (plus any offset you've configured) so it will automatically reduce the speed when the speed limit changes.
TACC will reduce the speed on its own if it thinks that you've taken what it interprets to be an off ramp.

It will also decide to drop your set speed for a momentary section of road in a repeatable manner, however these pokemons are few and far between. If you drive on the Warringah expressway in Sydney, heading north on the far right lane just after the Ernest Street overpass it will decide to override your set speed to 80 on the slight curve, and then return it back to your previous setting.

Reactions: cafz
TACC will reduce the speed on its own if it thinks that you've taken what it interprets to be an off ramp.

It will also decide to drop your set speed for a momentary section of road in a repeatable manner, however these pokemons are few and far between. If you drive on the Warringah expressway in Sydney, heading north on the far right lane just after the Ernest Street overpass it will decide to override your set speed to 80 on the slight curve, and then return it back to your previous setting.
As mentioned here there are occasions where the speed will drop down on highways and motorways and I have experienced a few times where the speed with auto adjust back up again, however they are far apart those adjustments and often random or not repeatable. Though people say that it does not work in AU or that there is specific set of circumstances that need to be met, my experience has been that it is random and sometimes it does it on the way to work, I drive every day and at other times it does not. Well, mostly it does not, but on rare occasion it does it.

To set cruise control to the detected speed either tap the speed-limit sign on the touch screen or hold the drive-selector stalk down (ie towards Drive) for a few seconds.

If you leave the car plugged in and on WiFi, it will (eventually) update the firmware on the mobile connector to give you 10A and 15A on the respective tails.
I'll have to try that with the cruise, might have to go for another drive, oh the horror.. ;)

I have had it plugged into the same spot since getting it. I suspect a bit of shifty wiring, nothing dramatic as the wood lathe and welder have worked fine, but something dodgy. If I could work out where where the cable started, I'd pull through something thicker and newer and get somebody to cable in both ends, get it charging a bit quicker..

I did get an update through the other day, was actually really good cause it moved the side camera operation on indicator, to the top of the screen so I can see it, not the bottom, which is under my arm. If/when I get a new line put through for charging, I'll let people know how it all went

Reactions: *Sparkles*
T plus 6 days update:

Finally picked up the car in Brisbane on Tuesday. This was exactly 38 weeks after ordering it back in December.

Arrived 30 minutes early at 12h30 and was helped straight away. SA was there to show me around the car and help with the personalised settings. Battery was at 78%. The pressure on both left hand side tyres was low (38) but only found out after leaving. There was a single Y on the floor. Too big for my needs but will probably outsell the 3.

Standouts: acceleration, one pedal driving, road view and screen.
Personally I would like better screen indication that the brakes have been applied during regen (which could easily be an future OTA update as this already appears in the visualised image of the car).
As a (semi-retired) DJ I must mention the sound system. For an included install it is fantastic. Playing FLACs from the SSD is crystal clear. The subs can make the screen vibrate. The experience is only soured by the bad UX when selecting music. Retagging has helped a bit.

On Wednesday started adding some of the accessories I had acquired while waiting (See other post). Current favourite is the white centre cover that complements the seats. The right angled usb hub was DOA but in hindsight I don’t think II’ll ever need one as the dashcam and music storage is on the same drive.

Used the supercharger in Maroochydore and caught up with the legend that is @Ormaus . We compared cars and our experiences so far. Should have incurred ‘idling’ fees as I had overstayed my welcome but shortly after leaving I got a notification saying that as this was my first time this fee had been waived. 👍

All public reactions have been positive. Friends are impressed too. Had a couple of random people start asking all about the car. Turns out Elon DOES have a marketing department. It’s YOU.

All the very best to all of you who are still awaiting

View attachment 848733View attachment 848734View attachment 848735

Verdict: So far, so awesome 😎
Thought this was a waiting room, not a bragging room

Update on a bigger drive: Went to Marysville on Sunday with the family (4 of us in total), had charged it to as close as 100% as it could over night.. phone said 99%, car 100%, so somewhere there.. it is a bit over 100kms distance.. arrived with 75%ish, got home with about 57%.. so not bad, happy with distance and battery quantity..

Some issues though, didn't like doing cruise up a small rise, decided something wasn't right and slowed down.. it really overreacts to cars that are turning off into slip road type stuff and brakes a bit quicker than I'd appreciate (or the others in the car for that matter!). Handled the windy Black Spur road really well, one pedal driving and instant torque meant no up and back (sort of boat movement) happening and on the way home, kids didn't realise we had gone over.. though that could have been due to caraoke playing, which they both loved and we had all the way home..

I think there was only one phantom brake time, the rest was overreacting.. but otherwise, after figuring the seat to the right spot for a longer drive, it was extremely nice. The misses got out the car fine, no aches or anything (she's not really that old, not even 45... yet!).. neither kid sick, though the kwells could have helped with that as they do both get car sick sometimes.. I did take the mother-in-law for a drive up to the falls and gave it a quick 'standard' blast on the way back down, she thought that quite good (it's like you are travelling through time!).

I am getting better with the one pedal driving, still use the foot brake sometimes if other people aren't paying much attention, but definitely not getting surge driving happening any more.. or at least no where near as much.. (have changed the chime for over speed to +3kms from the +1 I had it). And how she's currently on charge.. on the 10A (really 8A), it was going to take 13hrs to get back to 85%, so charged over night, kids to school and back on again, hoping the solar helps offset the over night use and charging now..

So yea, will probably not do this as I don't want to annoy everybody, but just thought another quick note due to the longer drive and how it felt. I hope everybody waiting gets their cars soon, the wait is so crap.. (I also have bought some accessories, waiting for them to arrive!)
Thought this was a waiting room, not a bragging room