Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine it would feel like Tesla has screwed those that have waited longer than they were told.

Which is many of us who ordered in Feb. I am now beyond the end of the date range I was given when I placed the order. I placed my order the day after it was lengthened, so those with unfilled orders who placed them a few days before me are well beyond what the were originally told.

Nothing we can do about it, but yes it does come with a touch of 'feeling screwed'

Which is many of us who ordered in Feb. I am now beyond the end of the date range I was given when I placed the order. I placed my order the day after it was lengthened, so those with unfilled orders who placed them a few days before me are well beyond what the were originally told.

Nothing we can do about it, but yes it does come with a touch of 'feeling screwed'
Ordered on the 22nd feb. Still waiting too. Initially indicated ED by july.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
Vins coming in 2 weeks or so. Look forward to that. Then ship tracking. Then delayed invoicing. Then delivery. And finally, the obligatory "I know the wait was long but it will be worth it when you get it" post.

One step at a time.
Part of me is there with you @King Punch desperately needing some action so I can work thru the steps.
Other parts of me is dragging my feet with the "really, just come on now" attitude on
😆

Just picked up our RWD from Canberra. Car is perfect and no pressure to leave - answered some of my noob questions. Just took it for a drive and calibration took only 14km. Delivery charge was 99%. I am meeting another new owner who wants to swap his 19” LR wheels for the 18” wheels as he lives semi-rural (potholes) so that seems reasonable (although I kind of like the wheel covers). So after all this waiting a few things have gone well.

Obligatory photo:

104DF2FA-F7E9-40F8-B06B-23E3E99521C9.jpeg

Just picked up our RWD from Canberra. Car is perfect and no pressure to leave - answered some of my noob questions. Just took it for a drive and calibration took only 14km. Delivery charge was 99%. I am meeting another new owner who wants to swap his 19” LR wheels for the 18” wheels as he lives semi-rural (potholes) so that seems reasonable (although I kind of like the wheel covers). So after all this waiting a few things have gone well.

Obligatory photo:

View attachment 854545
I am SO jealous! Congratulations!! 🎉

Thanks and sorry for the pic and post … have enjoyed the past several hundred pages of postings :)
No need for apologies at all, picking up your car is cause for celebration, not apologising! I'm really happy that you have your car. I really loved the picture, and that's what made me jealous because she is SO pretty! 😍

Obligatory photo:

View attachment 854545
Congraulations.. well deserved

Obligatory photo:

View attachment 854545
Congrats, I'm a month and half behind you with the exact same config, for what it's that may mean I'm 7 week away!! Not that I've seen any movement yet.

Reactions: M@dman

Obligatory photo:

View attachment 854545
Congrats on the free wheel upgrade. I saw the FB post and contacted the guy too but my car is probably 2 months away at best.

Reactions: M@dman
It's unfortunate that our orders have been delayed yes, but this is really out of the hands of Tesla..

A month long lockdown in Shanghai meant the factory stopped just as production for AU cars was about to commence. When the factory started up again, people in this forum assumed they would just start AU orders and catch back up..

Unfortunately the ships these cars are exported on are booked months, possibly even years in advanced. If Tesla started AU production directly after the Shanghai shut-down the cars wouldn't have any ship to be loaded onto.

Yes it's unfortunate, and we the customers do suffer because of it, but to blame Tesla for this is a bit unfair.. I'm sure they want to clear the backlog as much as we do..

Us February orders just have to try and be a bit patient. Our long wait is nearly over!!

Congrats on the free wheel upgrade. I saw the FB post and contacted the guy too but my car is probably 2 months away at best.
Wheels changed over. I kind of like all three options - 18" with covers, 18" without covers and 19". Done now so that's that, I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpg
    IMG_1388.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1389 2.jpg
    IMG_1389 2.jpg
    506.9 KB · Views: 48
It's unfortunate that our orders have been delayed yes, but this is really out of the hands of Tesla..

A month long lockdown in Shanghai meant the factory stopped just as production for AU cars was about to commence. When the factory started up again, people in this forum assumed they would just start AU orders and catch back up..

Unfortunately the ships these cars are exported on are booked months, possibly even years in advanced. If Tesla started AU production directly after the Shanghai shut-down the cars wouldn't have any ship to be loaded onto.

Yes it's unfortunate, and we the customers do suffer because of it, but to blame Tesla for this is a bit unfair.. I'm sure they want to clear the backlog as much as we do..

Us February orders just have to try and be a bit patient. Our long wait is nearly over!!
100% right mate. Tesla isn't to be blamed. Just the inner child keeps wanting that new toy and right away ;) similarly how we wait for Auspost or the like when delivery is due

Wheels changed over. I kind of like all three options - 18" with covers, 18" without covers and 19". Done now so that's that, I guess.
Id definitely go the 19" wheels with all else being equal. You've had a good score there and I'm jealous I missed out!

I know there's supposedly a 5% range improvement with the Aero caps on. If there was some sort of aftermarket Aero cap for the 19" wheels that would be perfect! Ah 2 months can't come quick enough 🥲