Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, I can’t talk it about on here without breaking the rules of my tracking and pre-delivery service or the tmc rules.

What I can say is every quarter, the EDD are regularly off as they don’t take into account all factors.
No worries. Thank you. I will be signing up for your service. I was going to sign up VINLESS but didnt want to get double charged as if I sign now I saw you said that I will get charged for Sep and then again in October.

Hey everyone, just an update to my experience after a few days of driving it around and some quick, poorly taken pics after all work has been finished.

One pedal driving - You get used to it after 20-30mins of properly using it, it is strange at first but honestly can't see myself going back after this, it will be strange if I need to drive a different car 🤣. I think I've used the brake pedal once or twice over my 250km. Also I was thinking..."does the brake light ever get used then? Which I quickly saw at home that when you release the pedal and regen kicks in, the brake lights do actually come on 😅.

Autopilot - I did get the EAP and used it for about 85% of the drive from Sydney to Newcastle. The auto lane change is honestly the best feature of it and the car basically drove itself. I found I was putting to much tension on the wheel and it kept disengaging Autopilot, but finding that sweet spot and everything was great. One thing i did notice was that if a vehicle changed lanes and did sudden braking then autopilot would very quickly disengage (at a distance that I consider far and could easily adapt itself) and i would have to take over.

Audio/Premium Connectivity - I am a bit of an audiophile and let just say I love the car's system. Linked up both Spotify and Tidal and tested differences. Tidal on Hifi is something else, but Spotify sounds great so. I did hotspot the phone as I found it was quicker 5g speeds than the car's LTE connection (still currently on the premium connectivity 30 day trial they give you on delivery day) but I probably will not be renewing it once it expires.

Charging - I used the local supercharger yesterday afternoon, 20% - 80% took 25mins, started at ~130kWh but towards the end dipped lower a bit. One thing i forgot to do was after the charge was done and got to 80%, i went to unplug but it was still locked, had to go back in and unlock charge port from inside (a button on the charging page). Once i pressed that, i was able to unplug. With the current rate @ 0.68/kWh, I charged 38kWh = $25.84.

Oh, I also got my first "Tesla wave" around town 🤣. Hopefully this has helped/given some insight and if anyone has any questions, more than happy to help if I can.
Those wheels are fantastic! Where did you get them?
The car looks like a red back spider with those wheels!

Whoop Whoop - Electricians have been so now I get to update my "keep me sane while waiting for VINS list"
  1. Carport Built
  2. New Power Circuit for Carport
  3. Get both Gen3 Chargers installed
  4. Water Tank (for collection off carport) - ORDERED!
  5. VIN Numbers - *Got the Y* Waiting for the 3
  6. GET THE BLOODY CARS
  7. Drive somewhere cool (and tell everyone else it was "worth the wait")
I NEED SUGGESTIONS TO ADD TO THIS LIST. I need stuff between 4 and 5 ! ANYONE??

I NEED SUGGESTIONS TO ADD TO THIS LIST. I need stuff between 4 and 5 ! ANYONE??
4a. Download ABRP and plan out many future trips.

4b. Download Plugshare and become encyclopedically familiar with the location, charge rate, cost, layout, parking codes and recent reliability of charging sites all across the country.

4c. Download the Chargefox and Evie apps, register accounts and request RFID cards.

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Mattflow
4a. Download ABRP and plan out many future trips.

4b. Download Plugshare and become encyclopedically familiar with the location, charge rate, cost, layout, parking codes and recent reliability of charging sites all across the country.

4c. Download the Chargefox and Evie apps, register accounts and request RFID cards.

Already done most of that, listening to Tesla Podcasts and own TSLA Stock.. (just not that granular on 4b)
I was thinking more along the lines of Learn Spanish, Teach Monkeys to fly, Fly to Shanghai and make my own damn M3LR..

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
No worries. Thank you. I will be signing up for your service. I was going to sign up VINLESS but didnt want to get double charged as if I sign now I saw you said that I will get charged for Sep and then again in October.
I signed up at the start of last month, thinking my build and VIN was imminent….. stupid me. However there’s a lot of valuable stuff with Vedaprime before and after delivery! plus, a lot of knowledgeable folk who give you real info not the rumour mills that abound on the WWW. (and that doesn’t stand for the well meaning but irritating ’Well Worth the Wait’ comments, which I’ll probably say after I’ve picked mine up too)

Those wheels are fantastic! Where did you get them?
The car looks like a red back spider with those wheels!
Haha nice, I see where you are coming from 😄. I ordered them from the US. I stumbled across them in a advertisement funnily enough and instantly knew I wanted them. I ordered them from these guys, just had to get in touch with them to get a international shipping quote to my address. Here is a link:

Reactions: hyperdallas
Hey!
What sort of cables and adapters have people purchased? For charging on the road (not including the UMC). Any links to must have/store in the car?

I did my own research and this is what I landed on and why.

1x Type 2 to Type 2 MENNEKES 22KW (for BYO chargers and metro charging);
1x Mobile Connector (for places I have no other options other than a normal power point);
1x 15amp tail (for mobile connector); and
1x 32amp tail (for mobile connector).

99% of the time I plan to use a Tesla destination charger or supercharger with either the supplied cable, or my own type 2 to type 2, but its good having the 15amp or 32am mobile connectors if I stop off somewhere which such a powerpoint. I don't see the need for any type 1 to type 2 converters... but thats personal preference.

Reactions: choppa and PcS000