Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont think we need to be getting excited about any VIN's for a good while yet

The last lot of VIN's, for Perth bound orders at least, dropped on the 11th July and cars were picked up the last week August so based on that I would say we aren't going to see anything until after Morning Crystal leaves on the 5th October and collections will be mid/last week November

Reactions: NoTimeToLose
Ha ha, happened to me too.

Was travelling to office by bus the other day and the bus overtook a white model 3 on Sydney harbour bridge, then another one and one more.

Ho often do you happen to overtake 3 white model 3's on harbour bridge. :) OR my mind is tuned into spotting Tesla's everywhere.
It's definitely a combination of noticing them more because you are excited to get one and there being a load more of them on the road. I have taken to calling out everyone I drive past now in Sydney

Reactions: notout
I don't think this works anymore. I have a VIN from my Final Invoice, but the "VIN" section in the Tesla API is blank.
The telltale sign is if the "Year" section shows 2022, then you have a car assigned. I found the VIN embedded in the source code of the web page.
I can confirm from the screenshot my mate with the Model Y order sent me (with confirmation sms that a vehicle has been assigned) compared to my own, that the year section does get filled in even when the vin remains blank.

My own user-orders api output is blank in both year and vin.

Hi everyone, M3 RWD Adelaide
Been waiting for months, like all of us. Finally I "spat the dummy" and CANCELLED!!
I'm sure someone will benefit from my cancellation.
Anyway, I bought accessories from Tesla, obviously no longer needed. (still in the boxes)
Rear cargo mats, Frunk Liner, Key fobs, Muflap kit etc.
If anyone in Adelaide is interested to buy at half price email: [email protected]
Good luck to everyone waiting, hope your toys come soon.
I'm outa here.

Even disguised F bomb is an F bomb on TMC and is against forum rules.
Me when I see a model 3 driving around:
"Oooooohhh there's a Tesla, that's what I'm getting! So excited"

Me when I see a model Y:
"Oh Damn you model Y's, jumping straight to front of the Damn queue"

Moderators Note: Disguised F bombs replaced with the alternative Damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been waiting for months, like all of us. Finally I "spat the dummy" and CANCELLED!!
Anyway, I bought accessories from Tesla, obviously no longer needed. (still in the boxes)
If anyone in Adelaide is interested to buy at half price email: [email protected]
I'm outa here.
I honestly don't blame you. What an absolute debacle! You would think they would be over communicating and offering freebies. Everyone waiting this long should at least get the auto drive upgrade. It doesn't cost Tesla anything but would sure help their image and perceived lack of customer service.

I'm outa here.
I sent you an email earlier this morning.

Super keen to buy some.

What RWD spec did you have ordered?