Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm wondering... how many model 3 orders would Tesla have got in the average day/week in feb, march, april? As a patient (but getting less patient) March 1 vanilla RWD order holder, kinda hoping to get the car by an Xmas present at the very latest!

So I'm wondering... how many model 3 orders would Tesla have got in the average day/week in feb, march, april? As a patient (but getting less patient) March 1 vanilla RWD order holder, kinda hoping to get the car by an Xmas present at the very latest!
I think there will be a partial drop off when the announcement came out about the MY coming to Australia and then I'd expect orders for the M3 to drop off to a quarter of the usual orders from June onwards

I think there will be a partial drop off when the announcement came out about the MY coming to Australia and then I'd expect orders for the M3 to drop off to a quarter of the usual orders from June onwards
I am wondering where that misconception comes that Model Y orders make Model 3 orders drop off or reduce. I know I speak from a very small pond of acquaintances, but the few hundred Tesla owners or Tesla order holders I know all either ordered a Model 3, or ordered an additional Model Y but still have or ordered a Model 3 to keep as primary car (such as his and hers options).
There are some people who need/prefer Model Y over Model 3 and went for Model 3 because Model Y was not available at the time, but those cars are geared slightly for different targets, so Model Y orders will for the most part not actually cut into the target market for Model 3 and in Australia neither of those markets is anywhere near saturation as well. Model 3 is still being targeted very heavily even after the price hikes by price constrained people on top of the standard market as it is the most affordable Tesla currently. So I would suspect that since around the same time Model Y came available our government changed to slightly more EV friendly crowd, so chances are the Model 3 and Model Y orders both went up. I do not believe there would have been a major drop in Model 3 orders.

Reactions: MozMan
It's a fine line but I personally don't think the intent was to spread the word. This forum has a lot of talk about ships and info sources about shipping and they were just chipping in with what they thought.
I was thinking of posting similar as part of the conversation, even though I haven't joined and don't intend to, but was mindful of the forum rules. It seems a source of info for people that are interested in that, so they were merely commenting, in my opinion.
I don’t think there’s a fine line here at all. Yes it’s a source of information, but you pay for it. And for a monthly fee online service, it isn’t exactly cheap. More expensive than many online streaming services.

The reason for the post in question was, by definition, to “spread the word” of the service. The commercial, for profit, service

Veda posts information publicly about their understanding of the current situation with deliveries. Sure. But to directly link to the service, endorse it, spread the word, is exactly against TMC’s published rules.

I’d love to get a TMC moderator’s opinion on this. I’m not sure if they actively monitor individual threads?

The TMC forum rules suggest this type of post is not allowed. See below:

You may not use TMC to spread the word about or advertise any commercial endeavor, which includes but is not limited to, commercial events, websites, services and businesses
When does an endorsement become an advertisement?
I’m interested in clarity on this… some people “spread the word” about financing deals or accessories etc - in the public interest.

It’s a commercial service. Posting about it seems to go against the rules of this forum, as Veda themselves have made us aware when they post here.
Yet members in this group can freely ask an opinion of “he that cannot be named”, and are kindly answered….. and nobody seems to complain about this ?? I sense a double standard here. (And “Veda” is singular not plural)

Yet members in this group can freely ask an opinion of “he that cannot be named”, and are kindly answered….. and nobody seems to complain about this ?? I sense a double standard here. (And “Veda” is singular not plural)
I don’t think it’s a problem to use the name of an entity that very helpfully participates in this forum. Veda is free to reply or not as they choose.

But to promote the services they offer elsewhere, in a post here on TMC, is clearly. against. the. TMC. rules. Like seriously. Read the rules. Go to the “Site Feedback” thread and read the rules. There should be no doubt on this point!

Using non-specific pronouns is not a crime. “They” “Their” etc does not only imply plural.