Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
exactly. production planning and ship bookings for the whole quarter has to have already been done. it is reasonable to expect communication on when the AU production run(s) will be.
Yep they would pretty accurately know exactly what production run your car would be produced on and what orders they will and will not fulfil. They have the best of the best working for them. But they actively chose to withhold the information until the last second. Why, many reasons.

Even if you get the ultra sonic sensor, Tesla will disable it and they will be dimples in the bumper. Where if we get the new model it will look clean
It's not guaranteed they'll disable it on cars that have them, they said they haven't made that decision yet. It's a bit different to the radar removal, radar was a competing sensor in self driving, USS is purely for near object detection typically used at fairly low speed when parking only. USS is very accurate, if something is there it will detect it and know a fairly accurate distance, that signal fed into the self drive algorithm would trump any input from a camera and the car would react quick because it's used for near objects only.

It's fairly disappointing they've chosen to cut USS which no matter how they spin it, it is purely to save money, the cameras how they are positioned currently will never be able to perform at the same level because they can't see past the nose of the car. Remembering what was seen before moving forward and blocking the view is no guarantee that something short like a crawling toddler or a pet hasn't entered that zone.

One child is hit in a driveway each week in Australia alone, several die every year, so besides helping with getting in tight parking it's a critical safety enhancement that should have been mandated on all new cars as a safety standard in my opinion, the only reason it wasn't was because all new cars pretty much came out with it so the government didn't see a need to enforce it, now that the auto industry is trying to cut costs the tide is changing and others will also start removing it if they can offer a cheaper and inferior system to tick a box.

I think they could do a whole lot more:
-let us know when Australian vehicles are being produced
- give a more accurate edd based on this and provide an update
- let us know when the car is being shipped.
For such a high tech company, I can't imagine it would be very hard to have an automatic update in the app that shows the progress of your car.
If dominoes can give me live updates on my pizza including photos and GPS tracking, I’m sure a small company like Tesla could think up a few solutions to this issue.

So, what’s the story if you place an order with an ETD of between March and May 2023 because that’s when YOU KNOW you’ll be ready to take delivery and THEY contact you and say your car will be delivered on October 30? NOT THAT THEY HAVE. But what’s the story if you decline because you don’t want your car UNTIL March-May next year? Lose your deposit and start again? That can’t be right can it?

So, what’s the story if you place an order with an ETD of between March and May 2023 because that’s when YOU KNOW you’ll be ready to take delivery and THEY contact you and say your car will be delivered on October 30? NOT THAT THEY HAVE. But what’s the story if you decline because you don’t want your car UNTIL March-May next year? Lose your deposit and start again? That can’t be right can it?
That's pretty much what happened to me with the model Y I ordered. And yes, you don't really have a choice - take the car allocated or start over.

What more updates are you after? I get it's frustrating but at the same time they really can't give out any information. Being told you they have no updates is equally as frustrating as just getting none. I'm not defending the communication here, it frustates me to but when you take a step back It's no different to any other item you would buy that's on BackOrder.

You pay the deposit
You get given an ETA
Cars on the way you get an updated ETA
Cars ready for pickup , you organize pickup and payment

Outside of the EDD they can't really do much when the cars are built in a day and on a ship shortly after.
A ship name would be nice I guess but other manufacturers don't necessarily do that either
At the very least, an update if you're not going to get it within the EDD.

Some positive news for everyone.
Received delivery date and tesla radar prompt.
Order date: 10 Feb Blue/black
Delivery date: 05 Dec to 19 Dec
No invoice yet. Don’t know why, thought of checking once more at 3 AM and yeah its there. Wasn’t there an hour ago. Cheers
That's excellent!
The pencil has been found! 😂

Some positive news for everyone.
Received delivery date and tesla radar prompt.
Order date: 10 Feb Blue/black
Delivery date: 05 Dec to 19 Dec
No invoice yet. Don’t know why, thought of checking once more at 3 AM and yeah its there. Wasn’t there an hour ago. Cheers
You're too early for the process. The invoice will come the next day. Congratulations, movement for Melbourne finally.

He or she found it then got on another ship 😂
1666388703672.gif

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Missimpatient