Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're pumping out MYs, but don't worry they're not stealing your space on the boat.
I know that this is likely true, but it doesn't stop the frustrations people feel.

Yesterday I was at the Adelaide delivery center for my partners first test drive. The warehouse was full of about 30 Model Y's - and every single one of those was ordered 3 and a half months after my order date.

I understand different queues and everything, but it was still frustrating to see.

a $20pm service that simply “let’s you in” to a couple of chat rooms run by an individual

That's not how it works.
It's more about information shared by an expert in the field (VedaPrime) and less about comments from people who think they know more than they do (pretty much every other forum)

Please don’t turn this forum into an advertising stream for VedaPrime

Don't use it to spread misinformation about his service either.

ship tracking, which can be gotten for free

Sure, if you know which ship your car is on. Sometimes that's easy, but with most of the ships Tesla use it's not so easy.

Plus his insider knowledge of what happens once the car arrives on-shore, to provide a much more realistic delivery date vs the one Tesla provide that shifts all over the place.

does vedaprime know of production schedules/insider factory knowledge

Some, but his service is primarily aimed at tracking the cars once they're already built.

Sure, if you know which ship your car is on. Sometimes that's easy, but with most of the ships Tesla use it's not so easy.
ooo please, yes it is

One managing company has a schedule online
The second lets you search your VIN and literally tells you what ship it's on

Plus his insider knowledge of what happens once the car arrives on-shore, to provide a much more realistic delivery date vs the one Tesla provide that shifts all over the place.
Insider knowledge?

Cars go through customs, get booked for transport, get detailed at delivery centers. It's not all that complex.
As for EDD's, just add a week to the first date Tesla give you + another week as your starting point for a more realistic range expectation.

Last edited:
Not really, I have the same car ordered from 14/02 in Adelaide and crickets on my end…
I reckon since Perth ships are expensive, they decided to fill it more than the others. Also possible that Perth orders are fewer than in the eastern seaboard due to high stamp duties, few SCs and generally a lower population. So same number of cars= further along the delivery dates.

Not really, I have the same car ordered from 14/02 in Adelaide and crickets on my end…
Yeah, I could have been clearer. I wasn't referring to location (it's all Perth at present) but more the order date. Ideally this will mean when we get VINs for other locations we might clear up to mid-March. Here in Brisbane we've also had no VINs this season - and the tiny Gold Coast allocation early this month doesn't count.

Reactions: Missimpatient
Congratulations on the VIN. If you don't stick around, thank you for your accounts of the "FFS Telstra" and it's adventurous voyages. I hope the car brings you much joy!
looking at time of the post, Captain woke up at 6:30am Perth time and still first rituals in the morning is to check TMC! I say Captain is not going to abandon the ship and will still make morning rounds to ensure the ship is on route and not aground.

Reactions: penn_ and SpicySol