Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It
Well if you are talking about RWDs , I think it is looking that way to me , especially if no VINs come out this week,
and I can't remember the last basic white RWD VIN for February/March, certainly not in the last 10days.
If they are not putting out any RWDs on the upcoming ship, when will they?
Have they stayed on the old pattern of just making our cars in the first month of the quarter?
these are the depressing thoughts that happen when there is no communication.
Staying positive is going to be harder if we are still here talking about lack of VINs this time next week!
lets hope tomorrow or tonight!🤞
Its ridiculous and lame. It’s not a souvlaki order, it’s a premium vehicle. Terrible system from a customer perspective

Reactions: ecatt and BegaPride
Screenshot_20221108-183252_Viber.jpg
For anyone in Queensland, this is from our SA...take it with a grain or two of salt. 267 days and counting

Imagine getting allocated a car December 1 and trying to sell a car in the lead up to Christmas. That can't be a good thing and I'm not looking forward to it.
That's why I've just traded my car. Pick up an old car for the kidults to drive which will be mine until this Tesla finally arrives. Was worried about the bottom falling out of the market. Got the same price on the trade as was offered on Carsales. I'm fortunate we were tossing up on buying the kids their first car to share; I'm sure this won't be the case for most people who'd then need to arrange alternative wheels.

Sales rep from Fortitude Valley emailed back today saying it is in Tesla's best interest to have my 14th March Tesla delivered before Christmas, when I asked for an ETA.

Not sure if that is a meaningless response, but it's something.

My finance expires 14th December at 5.6%.
Would it be in their best interests to deliver my 16th Feb ordered Tesla too?
(I hope they deliver many to many people, I'm not trying to be cheeky)

How do you guys have Sales Agents? How do you get one and what do they do? Aren't all Tesla's just ordered online???
My one rang me within 10mins of placing my order online congratulating me and "welcomed me to the family". He said i could call him anytime. To date he has called me twice in the 9 month wait, so to answer you, they don't do a heck of a lot

Any electrician can install these. They are actually quite easy to do so. I own an electrical company and I do these all the time. Even from the first install they have been straight forward, so rest assured no matter the electrician to do the installation it will be done correctly.
Thanks for that. I called a couple of electricians today and one of them asked me whether I wanted it installed on three-phase power supply or a single-phase power supply. I don't know what that means... Is one better than the other? Or does it depend on what type of power supply I have to my house?

...three-phase power supply or a single-phase power supply. I don't know what that means... Is one better than the other? Or does it depend on what type of power supply I have to my house?
On page 119 of this very thread, you will find a great Feb 22 post by Jimbowa that gives due credit to Rudi Cheow for an outstanding PDF that is entitled "HOME CHARGING GUIDE FOR A TESLA MODEL 3 (AUSTRALIA)". It appears an excellent piece of work that really simplifies and clearly outlines the charging and power concepts and available options. Trust it helps and there are no copyright infringements etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I called a couple of electricians today and one of them asked me whether I wanted it installed on three-phase power supply or a single-phase power supply. I don't know what that means... Is one better than the other? Or does it depend on what type of power supply I have to my house?
3 phase is certainly better and doesn't cost a lot more to install, however your house must have 3 phase power to begin with. If it doesn't, the upgrade costs are insane and not worth the effort. With single phase the fastest charge rate is 7kw I think, 3 phase charging at 11kw for M3, but capable of up to 22kw for cars that can accept it.

Hi. Just joined this forum. Looking forward to learning plenty.

Have a black model 3 Long Range being delivered between Nov 20-Dec 4. (actually got adjusted forward by a week recently) in Melbourne.
Online order time was early April.

Good luck with your wait. Not long now I expect.
Can I assume from your username you’re in Albert Park? Port Melbourne here. Same delivery date range. Blue, RWD. Maybe we’ll see each other around 👍

Welcome to the discussion! Have you read all 967 pages of posts? There will be a pop quiz…

• Funny
Reactions: MaskaChaska
Can I assume from your username you’re in Albert Park? Port Melbourne here. Same delivery date range. Blue, RWD. Maybe we’ll see each other around 👍

Welcome to the discussion! Have you read all 967 pages of posts? There will be a pop quiz…
G'day mpowney. I'm in 3205 actually. Was previously a 3206 dweller, but use that name online.
Sure we will see each other around!

Ah, no to your second question. I'm feeling underdone for the quiz!

Reactions: mpowney
one of them asked me whether I wanted it installed on three-phase power supply or a single-phase power supply. I don't know what that means... Is one better than the other? Or does it depend on what type of power supply I have to my house?
3 phase is a bit better, but yes it depends on what your house supply is. Post a photo of your main breaker (in a new thread!) if you want someone to identify whether you have 3 phase supply or not.

Reactions: knan
I'm sure this won't be the case for most people who'd then need to arrange alternative wheels.
We only have 1 car and public transport in the suburbs isn't great. Resigning myself to having to just get whatever we can at the time we sell it. We could do a week or two with no car but longer than that would be extremely annoying and inconvenient.

Reactions: Mal Cartwright
I called a couple of electricians today and one of them asked me whether I wanted it installed on three-phase power supply or a single-phase power supply. I don't know what that means... Is one better than the other? Or does it depend on what type of power supply I have to my house?
There’s a YouTube explainer for home charging from “Not a car guy” that could help

I only came across “Not a car guy” recently, I think he was mentioned in a previous comment on this thread. I like his video style!

Reactions: knan and Robdunc
Bit worried about the delivery date range now (3-17.12) as i am going overseas on the 14.12 was advised yesterday if i can’t pickup the car within 7 days of advised delivery date my order would be cancelled. 😳 hopefully it won’t come to that, but from what i have read here deliveries tend to be on the tail end of the date range..