Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perth Order Update (placed order on 23/09/22)
2 days ago my account updated and showed a delivery window 11-25 December. Today got a call from Tesla advising a car had been assigned to me and provided a VIN (woo hoo). Couple of questions asked around finance and confirming I will be able to pay for it in the delivery time frame (they acknowledge that this may be a challenge given weren't expecting it before Feb 23 so I guess they were caught out themselves with the amount of Tesla's inbound to WA).

A Vehicle Carrier docked yesterday in Fremantle and off loaded 350 M3's. I asked If my vehicle was in that shipment and she said no, there were a couple more ships on their way to WA and will be docking over next 4 weeks. My car is in one of them.

My take on this is that Tesla are making a huge effort to clear Australian back orders probably as we are buying these quicker than they can make them and it is good for business to sell them into a country like Australia (California of the Southern Hemisphere)

For people in SA waiting on orders the next port of call after leaving Fremantle for MIRACULOUS ACE is Adelaide. Good luck.
I wish that ment cars were being dropped in Adelaide but unfortunately they get dropped in Vic for some reason. No idea why they wouldn't drop them at Port Adelaide, all the other manufacturers do lol

We've had dead silence on 3s for 5 months

Thanks for sharing.
I think to fully trace back the entirety of what led to that response from Veda and Mod is not necessary and I also note that it says on that reference, that anyone referring to the above subject will be banned.
It makes me question your intentions of raising something as if it was in the same vain when it is clear to see it is not. it was simply 2 people having a conversation, nothing more. I would hate to think that it was some kind of baiting tactic.
I would instead hope that we could be the community that this forum is intended, so people of common excitement can share all kinds of experiences (positive or negative) that ultimately help each other whether that be realising we are not alone in being frustrated or being so excited about the arrival of our new vehicle or accessories (if we can name them). What is better than being able to talk about it with others who share the same emotion, rather than turn it into some kind of playground mentality.
It's the last time I'll comment on it now because the moment never needed that focus in the first place.
Let's start focusing on what we are here for.
What he said. 💁

Not sure if there was anything on Don Juan but my car is on RCC Shanghai. Ship has been waiting off the coast at Port Kembla for several days now, must be some hold up there. Next stop is Brisbane, expected to dock on Monday. Pick-ups no earlier than Friday 25th but maybe the week after 🤞 are you waiting on a Brisbane pickup date too?

View attachment 875295
I am waiting on Melbourne. I figured some were unloaded in Brisbane and was wondering how long between ship arriving in port and getting a sms to schedule delivery

Reactions: Kim*
We’ve had the air knocked out of us so hard - we are speechless.
Indeed - as I have noted before it's a first world problem - but now it is odd, frustrating and a little draining. It's also a bit 'whatever' at this point, and I think it could be good for sanity to jump off the forum for a while TBH.. but I do enjoy the banter and others perspectives. I sold my car privately a month ago as I thought we had to be VIN-close, and used vehicle values were sliding, so inconveniently we are now short a much-needed vehicle and as a bonus the CFO & Snr Director is asking 'when is this thing turning up'... I genuinely don't have an answer, and I don't like that :confused::)

Last edited: