Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn my Perth EDD just moved from 21st Nov - 4th Dec to 5th Dec - 19th Dec, I know the dates are going to jump around but this jump seems excessive considering the cars are in Perth.

They just can't deliver them due to the number of Model Y's they are delivering at the moment, not enough staff to detail, register them and the delivery slots at the delivery centre.

Mine too, which puts me back in the Dilemna i had with the original EDD after receiving the VIN, i am going overseas on the 14th. One more change to add to my sig

There is one close to my build sitting there as well. :(
I've noticed that all the ones in stock seem to have white interiors, otherwise the blue one would be the same spec as what 've ordered.

Wondering if they're just cancellations? Or if they were spec that nobody actually ordered?

I called about the blue one yesterday, the SA was happy to allocate it to my order, but wouldn't budge on the extra cost for the White interior (which is fair enough I suppose, being that Tesla don't negotiate). So I'll just wait for my Blue RWD with Black interior.

I went through their system and got offered $18k for my car. It was only about a one business day turnaround.
In fact, given I had a 2 week delivery window, the guys at Tesla had to reset my profile capacity on the system to request a trade in price (done immediately while on the phone), which they duly did (and I appreciated they did so).
I have it on carsales for $28k currently.

A friend traded his car in September as part of his purchase. Was happy to accept saying it was in the (lower) bounds of what carsales estimated he'd receive/expect.
With the Tesla trade in experience:

- received a trade in price from Tesla within a couple of days of uploading the photos etc - $7,500 for my old 2007 VW;
- listed the VW on Carsales and had quite a bit of interest at around the $11k-$12k mark, including a handshake deal at $11,750 that then fell through;
- sold it to a very happy mate of mine the other day for $11k (mates rates, etc).

Really enjoying walking everywhere these days.

I am going to be super fit by the time of actual Tesla delivery (OD 9/3, Sydney, RWD bulk standard; delivery window now Dec-Jan 23 (along with everyone else …)).

Maybe I should just cancel the Tesla and live the life of an old walking public transport greenie hermit 🤪

I doubt you will get it before Christmas. I ordered mine in April and I'm in the same boat as you. Cross our fingers and hope the Tesla Heavens open up?
The hidden vin finder can help if you have a hidden vin. Tesla VIN finder
Thanks Vedaprime. I’m trying to find my vin and typed in 5YJ in the search on the source page, but nothing came up. Does that mean they haven’t made my M3 LR ordered March 20?

Is this true? Or is it possible to get a delivery within a couple of days of docking?
Couple of days is absolutely best case scenario. The cars need to be unloaded, clear customs, wait for transport, get transported, get detailed etc etc etc

This generally isn't only a few days when they have a backlog of cars already to deliver.

The first delivery of cars in VIC with 0 backlog in Q3 took something like 10 days from arriving in Port Of Melbourne before sitting in peoples driveways

Reactions: AlbertParker
With the Tesla trade in experience:

- received a trade in price from Tesla within a couple of days of uploading the photos etc - $7,500 for my old 2007 VW;
- listed the VW on Carsales and had quite a bit of interest at around the $11k-$12k mark, including a handshake deal at $11,750 that then fell through;
- sold it to a very happy mate of mine the other day for $11k (mates rates, etc).

Really enjoying walking everywhere these days.

I am going to be super fit by the time of actual Tesla delivery (OD 9/3, Sydney, RWD bulk standard; delivery window now Dec-Jan 23 (along with everyone else …)).

Maybe I should just cancel the Tesla and live the life of an old walking public transport greenie hermit 🤪
I've lost 5kg now I've started walking to work everyday since I sold my car in September. My optimism had me thinking Tesla would deliver it during the first month of my delivery period estimation ... and then I saw this forum hahahaha.

unpopular opinion:

I've had a good process ordering so far. I dont like talking to car salesman or customer service reps. All I did was go online and put down 300 dolalrs. I wasnt pressured to get the car urgently but it looks like it will arrive towards the end of the initial EDD. My EDD was updated 3-4 times slowly becoming more accurate.

I never felt that more communication was necessary and im glad that I havent had to waste time talking to sales reps or going to dealerships to sort out paperwork.

5 stars

unpopular opinion:

I've had a good process ordering so far. I dont like talking to car salesman or customer service reps. All I did was go online and put down 300 dolalrs. I wasnt pressured to get the car urgently but it looks like it will arrive towards the end of the initial EDD. My EDD was updated 3-4 times slowly becoming more accurate.

I never felt that more communication was necessary and im glad that I havent had to waste time talking to sales reps or going to dealerships to sort out paperwork.

5 stars
Me too 👍

Reactions: Jacinth
unpopular opinion:

5 stars
Similar experience to mine.
Ordered online in April in advance of my test drive.
Have been able to reach Tesla on the phone when I have had queries eg resetting the system to allow a Trade in estimate which I had initially declined - trade in offer came within a couple of business days.
Wall Connector ordered on-line and delivered within a week for installation. 2 installers of the 3 recommended responded to my requests for quotes and installation was completed within a week of confirming my order/service.
Registration form processed with an email.
Payment(s) easily accepted from my bank, with SMS confirming it had been received. Done via usual online transfer over 2 payments due to bank limits
Delivery due in the next couple of weeks, which will be within my 6-9 month flagged wait upon ordering.

Very positive experience for me thus far.

Reactions: Jacinth
That was the EDD for Melbourne M3's until yesterday, mine included. Has yours now pushed back by 3 days to 23/11-7/12?
Our cars are on the Don Juan we believe which left Port Kembla (NSW) overnight. Should be in Port Melb docks later this week.
Yep, just checked and it has been pushed back.

My VIN is listed on the RAV register though, so doesn't that mean it's already landed?

unpopular opinion:

I've had a good process ordering so far
Thanks bingbung

The reality of online communities is that people are much more likely to complain than compliment, so for an outside observer things can seem worse than they really are.

Not that people are wrong to complain (my own experience hasn't been ideal, but I was expecting that going in) but it's always good to hear some positive stories to balance out the negativity.

I've had a good process ordering so far. I dont like talking to car salesman or customer service reps. All I did was go online and put down 300 dolalrs. I wasnt pressured to get the car urgently
This was an awesome part for my as well although I did go into the showroom for a test drive and a look around.

The "salesmen" couldn't give a *sugar* if I purchased one or not as they aren't paid any sort of commission , wasn't pressured to do anything. When i said i was keen but needed to go test drive some other cars and look around a bit more all he said was no worries, hope to see you again.

That was it, I can't even walk out of JB HI FI these days without getting pressured to buy another $20 item, let alone a 65k car

My VIN is listed on the RAV register though, so doesn't that mean it's already landed?
Based on my experience with the VIN I’ve received, it was registered on RAV when the vessel it’s on made it to Port Brisbane, which was the first Australian port of call for Don Juan.

I’ve been meaning to post this small update to the “what to expect” thread but wanted to wait until I’ve had the full delivery experience before posting there.

No, I don't believe it does mean that. Your car will be on the Don Juan ship, currently off the coast of Bermagui in NSW I expect.
Check the vessel finder website if you think it won't give you increased anxiety!
I think the ship will be off the coast of Port Melbourne by tomorrow morning, but isn't scheduled in VicPorts manifest until Friday to reach port.

My gut feel says you'll/(we'll) have your car by the end of next week.

Reactions: Eamon